Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Camp NaNo - July

Author Topic: Camp NaNo - July
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everyone. I'm going to be diving into Camp NaNo come Monday and thought I'd check in to see whether any Hatrackers will be joining me.

For those who don't know, the word goal is now adjustable. So if 50k seemed too much, you can set whatever goal you think is more realistic. It's kind of a nice touch, if you ask me.

Anyway, if anyone's going to be doing Camp NaNo this July, shout it out. I'm all for a little (or a lot) mutual encouragement.

-Julie

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcmann
Member # 9757

- posted      Profile for rcmann   Email rcmann         Edit/Delete Post 
My problem has never been putting out the word counts. My problem has always been organizing the gibberish once I have spat it onto the screen.
Posts: 884 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mayflower988
Member # 9858

- posted      Profile for mayflower988   Email mayflower988         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, I started another thread with this same topic. Sorry, everyone. But yes, I have recently decided to join in Camp NaNo. It's very exciting but also daunting. This is my first novel and I'm just nervous about finishing it and about it being good. Does anyone have tips on how to prepare?
Posts: 298 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
It really depends on what kind of writer you are. I'm a plotter, so I prep by doing up my outline, thinking about what needs to be in the story, the things I need to emphasize and stuff like that. I make sure I've got any supplies I need and a plan for how to get the daily writing done so I never fall behind.

If you're a pantser, I couldn't begin to make suggestions. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

-Julie

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mayflower988
Member # 9858

- posted      Profile for mayflower988   Email mayflower988         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I am mostly a planner. I wrote a sort of plot treatment, where I just narrated the basic events of the story to myself and tried to ask myself the hard questions. I tried to think through what would need to happen in order for later events to unfold, what would be logically possible, etc.
By the way, check out my novel's Camp page! I'm a proud mama. :D
http://www.campnanowrimo.org/campers/tiffany-d/novels/cloistered-tentative-title

Posts: 298 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.