Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Did You Write - August 26, 2013

Author Topic: Did You Write - August 26, 2013
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
It's that time of the week again, time for the kick in the pants. The idea is that having somewhere to report progress will spur you on to make some. So I'm posing the question to all of us here. Did you write this week? As we have been reminded in the past, writing for the purposes of this thread can mean just about anything you want. You did some editing? Report it here. Outlining, pre-writing or any other kind of prep work? Sure, that counts too. And, of course, writing new work always counts.

I finished a round of revisions on the third book in my Mirrors of Bershan trilogy, and will be sending it off to my editor soon. I outlined a novella for my Necromantic world and made notes on a few projects. Most of my time and energy are being tied up at the moment with a blog tour for the second book in my Mirrors trilogy. Two weeks to release. No, I'm not nervous at all (I totally am.)

That's it for me. How about you? Did You write?

-Julie

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arriki
Member # 3079

- posted      Profile for arriki   Email arriki         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I did. The first page over and over and over and....

You get the idea. Too bad the workshop at worldcon has such a fossil text of mine to comment on.

[ August 26, 2013, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: arriki ]

Posts: 1580 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I did. Mostly on my rewrite of the first book I wrote after getting serious, THE SHAMAN'S CURSE. (We're not counting the thing I wrote in college.)

Also two blog posts.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post 
The current story I'm working mental composition on didn't have a high enough magnitude nor tangible enough dramatic complication to suit me and the targeted audience. I figured out a strategy for developing one that fits into the opening and the whole. A strange new weapon that doesn't emit or cause electromagnetic radiation fit the bill. Fractyon disassociation packet lobber by another name, though it is seen first, and shown in operation and effect before the viewpoint character figures it out.

[ August 26, 2013, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: extrinsic ]

Posts: 6037 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of thousand more words added to a novel rewrite along with a ton of in-line edits.
Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Washed out---still expending more literary effort on grievance statements, and too tired to do much else. I may be slowing down some over the next several weeks, owing to an impending repiping job in my house and my need to clean up a lot...and maybe I can pick up the slack when I go on vacation in October...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcmann
Member # 9757

- posted      Profile for rcmann   Email rcmann         Edit/Delete Post 
Book two of my trilogy is effectively written. Now in editing.
Posts: 884 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmsf
Member # 9905

- posted      Profile for kmsf   Email kmsf         Edit/Delete Post 
I continued hand write plot and motives of main character. I have first draft and several scenes written - 3 or 4 chapters' worth. But I want this to be a visceral/emotional event-driven novel, so I needed to really dig in on the MC's motivations.
Posts: 130 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirk Hairychest
Member # 10105

- posted      Profile for Dirk Hairychest   Email Dirk Hairychest         Edit/Delete Post 
Working on the WotF contest has been a stimulus for me to work on my other writings. I worked on my Q4 entry last week and began writing two other short stories, perhaps for future WotF quarters. I haven't started my novel yet, but I worked on fleshing out some of my notes on character and setting. I also received a minor epiphany about a plot point that was giving me problems. Yay! Strange how writing begets more writing.
Posts: 60 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyTharp
Member # 9997

- posted      Profile for KellyTharp   Email KellyTharp         Edit/Delete Post 
I managed to work on chapter 17 (1,689 words)over the weekend as no page from the hospital, so could stay at home. That said, the story is moving along, but I need to take the time and keep sketching out the scenes in my head to the end so I have a road map to follow. It's nice to be over the "hump" and seeing light at the end of the tunnel...just hope it's the correct tunnel! Hope to get some words in today while sitting in IV infusion therapy for 4 hours. Enforced down time, so nothing else to do but write (I fall asleep if I try to read).
Posts: 96 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.