Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Books » 13- MG/YA Urban Fantasy

Author Topic: 13- MG/YA Urban Fantasy
hteadx
Member # 6563

- posted      Profile for hteadx   Email hteadx         Edit/Delete Post 
A thunderous bang came from the back of the private jet. The tail of the plane crumbled, piece by piece, from an intense yellow light. The smell of burning jet fuel filled the air. It almost choked and smothered everyone inside. Winds rushed in from the outside. The twins scrambled to get away from the gaping hole. Boulder saw their eyes were droplets of fear, unable to stop staring at the terror that was happening.
Boulder grabbed both of their hands and pulled both of them toward him. His aged wizened face was full of grim alarm. This was what he had feared all along. An ambush. He knew it couldn’t be as simple as using a jet to transport the children.
He reached into his pocket and took out a silver metal ball. A yellow aura surrounded the ball. It turned into a golden
Genre: MG/YA urban fantasy
Title: NA
Word count: 70,000 (will edit to get under 60,000)

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited October 06, 2007).]

Posts: 76 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tigertinite
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for tigertinite   Email tigertinite         Edit/Delete Post 
Very good imagry, but you seem to be forgetting something fairly important in your hook, people. I would simply rearrange your prose to let the reader care about the plane crash, because the order it is in now I don't care until Boulder comes into the picture.
Posts: 99 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.