Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Books » Demonmachy-Chapter Ten

Author Topic: Demonmachy-Chapter Ten
Brant Danay
Member # 8087

- posted      Profile for Brant Danay           Edit/Delete Post 
Current version 4/10/2009

Jackal-headed harpies gathered around the limp form of the unconscious Necrodelic, their small breasts dangling and waving back and forth as they lapped up the shimmering, viscous synthesis of blood, drugs, and filth seeping from his supine body. Their long brown hair became matted with the thick melange as they dragged their tresses unheeding through the rancid oasis, their pointed lupine ears twitching, their serpents' tongues flickering in and out while they drank. Vampire bats fluttered into the corridor. In the shadows of their wings sable leeches the size of hellhounds inched forward. Foul and stunted demons crawled forth from the innards of the sewers, tempted by the sight and smell of drugs. Giant larvae and black, anaconda-sized maggots emerged from the walls,

[This message has been edited by Brant Danay (edited March 31, 2009).]

[This message has been edited by Brant Danay (edited April 10, 2009).]

Posts: 176 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Giant larvae and black, anaconda-sized maggots squirmed from corners and cracks in the walls,

Another amazing visual. The problem with this one is that there just isn't enough of the Necrodelic to go around to feed all of these gigantic creatures. How can all these massive creatures live in corners and cracks?

It's all visual and no action.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogmatic
Member # 8425

- posted      Profile for Dogmatic   Email Dogmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked individual moments of imagery but I think it was too much. Believe me I've been accused of the same so I'm talking from the standpoint of someone who likes too much imagery.

But I think it's like being in a room with patterned wallpaper, striped furniture, checkered floors, and paintings with ornate frames everywhere, nothing stands out. Pick and choose the items that you want to focus on and pull back on a few of the others.

I don't know the rest of the story but a possible example:
Jackal-headed harpies gathered around the limp, unconscious Necrodelic, their small breasts dangling and waving back and forth as they lapped up the// filth from his supine form.

Posts: 48 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brant Danay
Member # 8087

- posted      Profile for Brant Danay           Edit/Delete Post 
Just recalibrating my chapter order...new entry coming soon...same demon-time...same demon-channel...
Posts: 176 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.