Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Books » The Tesla Trap - read through swap

Author Topic: The Tesla Trap - read through swap
Dana Reynolds
Member # 9992

- posted      Profile for Dana Reynolds   Email Dana Reynolds         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the third book of my Wardenclyffe Trilogy, and I need to know if it stands on its own. I began with a very long novel, broke it into a trilogy, and found it to be a bigger challenge than I first thought. I'd like someone to take a read and let me know if it 'feels complete' without the two previous novels.

Summary: A fringe scientist, his semi-materialized wife, an Ozark Granny and a time traveling goat (yes, you read that right) go to the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago to seek out Nicola Tesla before a fanatic Wholly Roller (you read that right, too) from the future can stop them from splitting the 'one true universe'.

It is roughly 250 pages. I also need to know if the character motives are solid without the two previous novels.

In exchange, I'd be delighted to read any speculative fiction and give whatever feedback you need.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
History
Member # 9213

- posted      Profile for History   Email History         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds intriguing.
The protocol for posting in this thread is to include the opening 13 lines (i.e. this equals the number of lines that fill the reply box without need for scrolling). Why don't you give us a peek?

Respectfully,
Dr. Bob

[ January 01, 2013, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: History ]

Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a true roller coaster ride. I hope you manage to publish this some day.

[ January 01, 2013, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: MartinV ]

Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enigmaticuser
Member # 9398

- posted      Profile for enigmaticuser   Email enigmaticuser         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds fun. I'd swap, but I'm full up and my own ms isn't ready.
Posts: 336 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Hawthorne
Member # 9772

- posted      Profile for Geoff Hawthorne   Email Geoff Hawthorne         Edit/Delete Post 
Seconding Dr. Bob's proposal - I'm intrigued by the concept of the story and would love to see the opening lines (or to read a chapter, if you'd like to send me one). Let me know if you're still interested in critique! [Smile]
Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.