Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Reasons to celebrate

Author Topic: Reasons to celebrate
Aetheric
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for Aetheric           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm from Ireland obviously enough. I've been in California on holiday for the last while, but I took a detour into Nevada in a rented Chevvy Corvette - to Las Vegas, specifically.

I got married on the 5th of August, in a small wedding chapel down on the Vegas strip or whatever it's called, to the love of my life.

We stayed in the Las Vegas Hilton, won $350 dollars on our one and only bet, and spent four lovely days sunbathing by the pool and enjoying ourselves. We're over in San Francisco now for another two weeks, and we'll be heading to Seattle for a week before we head back to Ireland and face the wrath of our families, who didn't know we were planning anything of ths kind.

It's something to celebrate at least.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Sounds like a lovely trip. Good luck ducking the wrath. I've Irish blood and it ain't pretty you know...
Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Aetheric, may the road of life rise up to meet the two of you and the wind be at your back to help you along your way together. (Yeah, I know that's not how the thing goes, but I wanted to make it a little different for you.)
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!!
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like a blast.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.