Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » My surgery.

Author Topic: My surgery.
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
Ladies, gentlemen, and other more rare forms of Hatrackers--My time has finally come. Early monday morning, I will undergo a complex pancreas surgery, which upon recovery could very well lead me to a very normal life. It has been a trial, it has been frustrating, and it has seemed impossible, but I am here at Shands Teaching Hospital, three hours from home, and they are going to do it!

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here is one of the other more rare forms of Hatracker wishing you the best.

Good luck Bent Tree

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tempest
Member # 8242

- posted      Profile for tempest   Email tempest         Edit/Delete Post 
Our prayers are with you.

Posts: 171 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
My prayers are with you, Scott. My wife had part of her pancreas and all of he spleen removed for a tumor about 3 years ago. It's always a little risky when they open you up. I'm right here pulling for you.
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Bent Tree, I'll send all my good thoughts your way for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

I'm really glad you've gotten to this point though. I know it's been a difficult journey.

[This message has been edited by annepin (edited December 05, 2008).]

Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for letting us know, Scott. You're in my prayers.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine too.

Good luck Bent Tree!

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
As always Scott, in my prayers. Hope all goes well. And so glad to have you back on the forum. Missed you a lot.
Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WouldBe
Member # 5682

- posted      Profile for WouldBe   Email WouldBe         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck!
Posts: 746 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of Luck, Scotty.

Aside for that lovely wife and those cute and adorable children, we hatrackers need you more than anyone else.
In fact hurry up, I got a 16,000 word piece that needs to be corrected for grammar and spelling (I don't have the time or patience for it) so I can send it to the WOTF by the end of the year. Personally, I can't think of a better way for you to fill up all that recovery time.

don't roll them eyes at me, KDW

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 

Who, me?

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Bent Tree,

I hope the surgery goes well and gives you some relief.

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

Thank you all for your well wishing. I will make a post as soon as I feel up to it after the surgery tomorrow.

Snapper, send over your story. They said that they were going to keep me at least a week afterwards so I will have plenty of time and it will feel good to be helpful.

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's to being better soon! Hope you are up and typing again quickly.
Best
Leslie

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsBrown
Member # 5195

- posted      Profile for MrsBrown   Email MrsBrown         Edit/Delete Post 
snapper, you're incorrigible.

Best wishes and Godspeed, BentTree!

Posts: 785 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

snapper certainly is incorrigible, so please don't incorrige him.
snapper
Member # 7299

Nice one, KDW.

I am impressed. I think I am rubbing off on you.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
ewwwww...that's got to be some kind of violation. (Don't you have a room for rubbing off in?)
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Ew is right. <brush, brush> Did that get all of it or do I need a fire hose?
snapper
Member # 7299

You're fine, double-entendre girl.
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

I just want to hear that Bent Tree is fine.
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

I'll second that, Kathleen.
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he's posted since his surgery. Still, it would be nice to have the official check-in!
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

He did send a crit of 16,000 word masterpiece. Here is a bit he wrote.

quote:
I tink u shood chang that ast line tu 'The cow jump over the bazfftt mmhdet nd...*&?ctr

Either he is so smart that I can't comprehend his genius or he is overmedicated.

Bent Tree
Member # 7777

Hey, well sorry it has taken so long to get back. The surgery was tougher than expected and they ended up removing my spleen as well. I got to go home for about a week at Christmas but I am back in with some complications. My bowels have become twisted and bound with some scar tissue. Looks like I will be in for another week and if they don't untwist themselves I will be having yet another surgery.

My pancreas however(or what's left of it) is looking good according to the experts and I can already feel the relief from the massive cysts that were removed.The surgery rendered me mildly diabetic, but there is a chance that that will remedy itself once my pancreas has healed and rested.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I am looking forward to a new and healthier year.

~Scott~

Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for checking in Scott, been thinking of you. Sorry to hear you had to go back to the hospital, but at least you got out around Christmas and it sounds like in time we will have you back and around here more often. Have a Good New Year, and best wishes to you and your family.
Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

That is such great news, Scott. May the good news continue.
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds promising, Bent Tree. Keep us updated and best wishes.
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
May this new year be better to you.

[This message has been edited by Patrick James (edited January 02, 2009).]

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kings_falcon
Member # 3261

- posted      Profile for kings_falcon   Email kings_falcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear your still with us. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year

Posts: 1210 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
hears to a wonerfull recovery. CHEERS.... raises a shot of Crown Royel in honor.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I've overlooked this thread! Bent Tree, I'm happy you're feeling better. If Shands staff gave you any trouble, please let me know. I have influential connections there who like to make sure patients are treated with respect.
Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.