Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Happy meetings with afelow Hatracher

Author Topic: Happy meetings with afelow Hatracher
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
i dont have much time to elaborate much but when i was on leave for christmass i met with Nancy Green after long technical problems of finding a relidle ride and time and place.

all and all it was worth it. we talked for about an hour about writing and my major work related probloms and am getting legel advice from her and once i get a reiable way to be easier concated by her husbend.

as of today i have 1year 29 days left in the Army then i am off to Canada to live a dream and get baked all the time... hint hint wink wink.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
That's cool!

I met with Scott Dantzer (BentTree), a couple of times last year. Running into fellow comrades that share the same goals is special. As a long distance driver, I am always up to meet more.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm not a social animal---in real life I rarely interact with people. (Perhaps that's the problem with my writing.)

I've known Kathleen for a very long time, but only by mail and by e-mail. I've never met her.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I've met a few "workshoppers" (people from the Science Fiction and Fantasy Workshop that I ran and that I published a monthly newsletter for that went to 300 issues), but mainly because they either introduced themselves to me at conventions or I contacted them because I was going to be in their town for some reason or other.

I've met a few Hatrackers (most of them at the World Fantasy Con a year or so ago) as well. I think it's cool to be able to put faces on the names and personalities I've encountered online.

Which reminds me. I've created a "group" on Facebook for the Hatrack River Writers Workshop and anyone who is on Facebook is welcome to join.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kings_falcon
Member # 3261

- posted      Profile for kings_falcon   Email kings_falcon         Edit/Delete Post 
It was definately fun to meet Rommel (and his grandfather) in person while he was on leave.

Helping Rommel count down to when he's finished his tour of duty.

Posts: 1210 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
It was realy fun, we had a hard time finding a place and time to meet. We met at the Chantilly Regional Library in Fairafax VA.

i hope that one day i can meet more of you all.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

- posted      Profile for dreadlord   Email dreadlord         Edit/Delete Post 
anyone in the pheonix metropolitan area? Im at ASU right now and dont really have time to go around much...

not really all that sociable either. unless your in band, then bring it on!

I also like people in drama.

Posts: 240 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

i am stationed at White Sands Missile Range NM about 212 miles from Pheonix. i have a 250 mile no pass radious i can go.

but transportation is going to be hard for me for i dont have a car or a reliable ride.

RFW2nd

snapper
Member # 7299

I just drove through the White Sands missle base two days ago.

I'm also always around Phoenix. I am always open to paying a fellow writer a visit.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in flagstaff, and am always up for a meet.
Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

I do go through Flagstaff, a lot. The next time when I'm in the area, and not pressed for time, I'll give you an email.
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
cool!
Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

well if you are ever there after duty hours or on days off, i am the one who weres a black leather brimed hat, brown leather jacket, and a belt that comes down to my knees, and i will most likey be limping.

RFW2nd

Christian
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for Christian   Email Christian         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone is in the Dallas or Chicago area, I'd be willing to meet and talk "shop".

Kathleen, how do I go about finding the Hatrack group facebook? All of my Myspace friends have moved there and they constantly ridicule me for not making the move.

And...to the point you've mentioned about the conventions and workshops, is there a place to find out about these? This year I want to get serious about the whole "writing" thing. To that end I'll be going to the BYU Symposium next week (Brandon Sanderson, Tracy Hickman, etc.) And I'll definitely be trying out for OSC's group this August, but I would definitely like to have a backup plan.

~Christian

Posts: 135 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Christian, on your facebook home page (not your profile, the one you get to when you first come online), to the right of the list of things your friends are doing, is a link that says groups. I think if you go there, you can do a search on Hatrack River Writers Workshop, and it should show up.

As for finding out about conventions, LOCUS Magazine has a list on their website that you can look over. It doesn't have everything, but it has some stuff.

There's a convention in Salt Lake City over Memorial Day weekend that you might want to attend as well: Conduit and it isn't listed by Locus either.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christian
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for Christian   Email Christian         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, thanks Kathleen. This info is much appreciated. I'll definitely check this stuff out. It's time for me to get serious with writing, and the best way for me to do that is by immersion.
Posts: 135 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnMac
Member # 8472

- posted      Profile for JohnMac   Email JohnMac         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the San Diego area (for all you Zonies you're welcome to come on by). But I have a LOT of family in the Phoenix/Mesa area - if you guys get together out there let me know and I'll see if I can't swing on out too!
Posts: 114 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.