Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Can My New Year Start Now?

Author Topic: Can My New Year Start Now?
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
I am ready for my recovery to be over and a sense of normality to return to my life.

I have lost thirty five pounds since November(I was only 185 then)

I have overcome two addictions(Pain meds and niccotine) since I have spent the last several months on pain medications. I finally quit smoking!

It seems that I have already accomplished the highest rated resolutions, but mine is to get back to writing. Being sick for so long has left me feeling nearly worthless. Time to get back on the horse.

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on your recovery, bent tree. I have to tell you, I have a street named Bent Tree near me and I smile when I think of "my writer friend's handle is Bent Tree." I'm glad that you're through the illness and that smoking is something of the past.

I'm with you on needing the new year to start now - I have utterly failed at my writerly resolutions for the year, except submitting two stories to market (but only two, when I really have about 6-8 ready for market...) Let's start fresh, shall we?

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

Sounds good. Let's get motivated. WOTF winning entries don't write themselves do they? Happy writing KayTi. Thanks for the encouragement.
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear you are doing well, Bent Tree. Everytime I check this section I hope to see an update.
Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like losing all that weight was unhealthy. It would probably kill me. I weigh a hundred and ninety-five pounds but I am very tall.

Glad you beat smoking--if that is what you wanted to do--hope you get back to writing, myself and others have missed you.

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Bent Tree. I hope this means you've gotten your Internet back along with your health.
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey BT!

Did you put on weight after I saw you last? You didn't look a buck eighty-five then.

Now quit your whinning and excuses, start writing, and sell something already! Like you really need a spleen or pancreas to write anyway.

And send me what you finish first.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sherpa7
Member # 8321

- posted      Profile for Sherpa7   Email Sherpa7         Edit/Delete Post 
You've quit smoking. Great. But remember what Mark Twain said: "Quitting smoking is easy...I've done it thousands of times."

Now pick up that pencil and write something.

Posts: 24 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

Yeah, I am down to a measly 149. I am not all that tall but I haven't weighed less than 160 since eighth grade.

Your right Snapper, no excuses! I am going to start on my WOTF entry tonight. I also have a bunch of stuff to clean up and re submit.

As for the internet, someone in my neighborhood has wirless which I can hijack so I am good.Sometimes I have to go climb on the hood of my car

Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't wax the car. Been there done that--don't ask...
Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.