Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » chess game sequal (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: chess game sequal
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
No breaks for you, philocinemas!

(I am the break Nazi.)

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

- posted      Profile for dreadlord   Email dreadlord         Edit/Delete Post 
ha... break nazis...

lose my queen for nothing? youve obviously never encountered this offensive before.

well, if I lose, I did no better than my brother expects. (and it lasted longer, too.)

Posts: 240 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay to admit you made a blunder and take a move back if your opponent suggests it. Of course, you don't have to. But I think we'd both have more fun if you did.

And philo, I didn't get your queen for free... well not completely for free.

Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

very well... how does this move sound to you?

G5.

Posts: 240 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
I know, but that was definitely the turning point of the game - and an excellent move.

Today I didn't have my board in front of me, and I thought dreadlord had moved his queen somewhere else. I was trying to figure out how you were going to capture his queen, but now it is a little more obvious.

dreadlord, I'd take him up on the offer if I were you.

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd choose door number 3...
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

If you're happy with that ppawn move then this is my reply.

1. e4 Nc6
2. Nf3 e5
3. Bc4 Bc5
4. b4 Nxb4
5. c3 Nc6
6. d4 exd4
7. 0-0 Nf6
8. cxd4 Bxd4
9. Nxd4 Ne5
10. Bb3 Nfg4
11. f4 g5
12. fxe5

Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

1. e4 Nc6
2. Nf3 e5
3. Bc4 Bc5
4. b4 Nxb4
5. c3 Nc6
6. d4 exd4
7. 0-0 Nf6
8. cxd4 Bxd4
9. Nxd4 Ne5
10. Bb3 Nfg4
11. f4 g5
12. fxe5 O-O

Zero
Member # 3619

1. e4 Nc6
2. Nf3 e5
3. Bc4 Bc5
4. b4 Nxb4
5. c3 Nc6
6. d4 exd4
7. 0-0 Nf6
8. cxd4 Bxd4
9. Nxd4 Ne5
10. Bb3 Nfg4
11. f4 g5
12. fxe5 O-O
13. Qxg4

dreadlord
Member # 2913

1. e4 Nc6
2. Nf3 e5
3. Bc4 Bc5
4. b4 Nxb4
5. c3 Nc6
6. d4 exd4
7. 0-0 Nf6
8. cxd4 Bxd4
9. Nxd4 Ne5
10. Bb3 Nfg4
11. f4 g5
12. fxe5 O-O
13. Qxg4 D6

dreadlord
Member # 2913

Zero, Im sorry to say that we wont be able to finish this game. Ive recently signed up with a culture community that is going to Japan, and I was told no websites hosted in America... were gonna be gone for the next two years, so... sorry.

Im gonna post this in the adios thread. Philo, if you want vengeance, you can continue the game.

Zero
Member # 3619

Well thanks for the game, dreadlord. I hope you have a good time in japan, I know I'd love to go. So when do you take off?
Zero
Member # 3619

PS We'll call it a draw.
dreadlord
Member # 2913

the plane leaves in about four hours.

see ya all in two years!!!

by the way, Yingtao is coming with me. (I know, not very romantic, we read about it, and thought it would be great to sign up.)

Corky
Member # 2714

- posted      Profile for Corky   Email Corky         Edit/Delete Post 
It really would have been easier to accept Zero's offer to redo that one move, dreadlord.

Though I have to wonder at Zero being willing to call it a draw. Does that mean dreadlord's move really was brilliant?

How about an analysis of the way the game could have gone if dreadlord hadn't found a way to disappear, Zero?

Posts: 603 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

No I had a position I was more than happy with... but it's not a rated game
Zero
Member # 3619

Corky, feel free to pick up the game from his end or, better yet, begin a new game with me. I'll let you choose color if you want.
Corky
Member # 2714

- posted      Profile for Corky   Email Corky         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, but no thanks, Zero.

I don't even get the notation you've been using here, even though someone explained it.

And I am not a chess player even in my dreams.

Posts: 603 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

Zero, give me a couple more months and I'll be up for a rematch. I'm buried under a pile of paperwork at the moment, and it's really stressing me out. I'm hoping to move to another position within my company around that time, which will greatly reduce my paperwork and provide me more free time.
Zero
Member # 3619

I understand exactly what you're going through, philo. So take your time and whenever you can manage a game just say the word.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.