Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Farewell to the twenties

Author Topic: Farewell to the twenties
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight is my last night I can say I'm in my twenties. In about an hour and a half I will be officially old (according to my 14 year old sister). Hello thirties, oh, my back is already aching.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
They say the 30's are the real prime of your life. Make 'em count.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, the back will be the least of your problems.

Soon you'll discover that toliet paper doesn't work as well as it should. Music is too loud and everyone mumbles. Everyone drives too fast. You'll need teenagers to work your electronics. Biofocals are nothing to laugh at. Some of the songs on the classic rock station are from bands you never heard of.
So get used to fiber. Learn to live without salt. Good luck trying to stay hip.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
If anybody had told me then that I'd feel the way I feel now, well, I wouldn't have believed them.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, satate!

May your 30's be enjoyable and healthy. Women tend to do better than men during this time.

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 

You're now at the point where the most prominent statement that comes out of your mouth will be: "Get off my lawn!"

I remember the 30s. Most of it was fun.

Happy birthday!

S!
S!...C!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andromoidus
Member # 8514

- posted      Profile for Andromoidus   Email Andromoidus         Edit/Delete Post 
Crank, you forgot "crazy kids" and "back in my day..."

anyways, happy birthday!

oldtimer.

Posts: 77 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday! Now back to work. You still owe me your chapter nineteen. Hopefully before I forget chapter eighteen. They say memory is the second thing to go.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
May your 30's be enjoyable and healthy. Women tend to do better than men during this time.

Why, oh why do my husband and I get everything backwards?

Happy birthday satate!

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
30's are not old.

i am over 3000ish and still kickin. then again i am a Werewolf.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, don't say goodbye to your 20s. Just keep celebrating the anniversary of your 29th birthday. That's what I've been doing for quite a number of years now.

Congrats!

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy b-day!

Old dude!

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
It might be interesting, and a bit enlightening, to get a survey of everyone's ages. It might be an interesting statistic to see the distribution of people here and find out what the average age is. It's kind of cool that via the internet a 16 year old can exchange advice with a 70 year old, and see each other as complete equals.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmieeRock
Member # 8393

- posted      Profile for AmieeRock   Email AmieeRock         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually loved turning 30. It is that fabulous age when you can say, "hey I'm 30!" and mean "I'm young enough to have a good time and get a little crazy." But can also say, "Hey, I'm 30!" and mean, " listen up, I'm old enough to have a little experience and wisdom."

So thirty didn't make ME feel old. No, what made me feel old was calling my university to get a copy of my transcripts and find out that I was an "archive."

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natej11
Member # 8547

- posted      Profile for Natej11   Email Natej11         Edit/Delete Post 
30 is practically adolescent these days. Statistically the average age for people getting married for the first time is early 30s.

Of course, it's a whole other story in Utah...

Posts: 620 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.