Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Author Topic: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
My Christmas card to all of you.

[This message has been edited by Meredith (edited December 24, 2010).]

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 

Thanks, Very nice.

Even though it reminds me of that owl movie not too long ago and an idea I had for yet another UF story. At the same time Niiice.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
That was great. Thank you. And Merry Christmas to you.
Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DRaney
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice. Thanks Meredith. Merry Christmas. Doug
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post 
My best and warmest Christmas wishes to each and every one of you on Hatrack. And may the New Year bring joy and opportunity to us all.

Sorry, Merideth, but my 'puter isn't letting me bring up the card. I'll try later and see if my broadband connection is better then.

You folks won't believe what happened. I keep my current writing project on my desktop where it's handy to bring up and work on it. I finished a very rough draft and wanted to save it in my "My Stories" folder where I keep all my writing projects. What a jolt to find it wouldn't open... neither would any of the files stored in it. I just got my 'puter back from the shop yesterday. They managed to retrieve part of my files. Unfortunately, only one of the recovered files will open. Naturally right before a holiday weekend. I do have most of my files on a flash drive and my old desktop 'puter. So I still have about 95% or better of my lost files. It just irks me I spent good money to retrieve files that won't open. You bet I'll be talking to them come Monday. I guess I should add I haven't the foggiest as to how this happened in the first place and betting I did it to myself by accident.

Outside of that, I've been enjoying my time off and celebrating Jesus's birthday with my family.

Keep Christ in your heart .

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
Hoot!
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Christmas is come and gone and Thank God I don't have to do that again for another year...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DRaney
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Yep... on to the New Years Eve party... 'cept I'm not much into the whole party thing anymore. I do get to work... i.e. make bucks playing my guitar and singing. 'Bout $150 per hour. Nice way to kick off the new year. 2011 needs to be a breakthrough year for me both as a writer and as a musician. I am looking forward to seeing some Hatrack folks rise above the surface and get some wings. I am ready to buy some books off the bookstore shelf from this group.

Thanks to Kathleen for being a very gracious,'administrator'; sounds a bit too clinical for me. Is 'host' the PC way to say it or is it still okay to say 'hostess'?

Anyway, it is a great place to hang because we have such a gracious hostess who obviously cares a great deal, not only for the quality of the forum but for us as individuals. Thanks Kathleen.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
DR

Funny how many writers area also musicians or is it the other way around...

John Levitt who has 6 to 8 books out plays in a band. Blues or Jazz I believe..don't why I can't remember that. A while back I heard of a write who plays in a rock band.

Then there was, maybe still is, that band made up of bestsellers. John Berry, (Rats can't think of her name) the 'Joy Luck" lady. And I think King was a part of it at one time.

Seems like there is a couple of others, someone else here maybe.

BTW Even with his books and band Levitt still has his day job so he's rather busy.

[This message has been edited by LDWriter2 (edited December 26, 2010).]

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas and thanks.
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PB&Jenny
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for PB&Jenny   Email PB&Jenny         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!!
Posts: 365 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle. Hail our dear old friend Kris Kringle, driving his reindeer across the sky...don't stand underneath when they fly by.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PB&Jenny
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for PB&Jenny   Email PB&Jenny         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! Those frozen icicles they shoot are really sharp!

[This message has been edited by PB&Jenny (edited December 27, 2010).]

Posts: 365 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, DRaney, and to all the rest of you who make my job such a joy. Who wouldn't want to host such a great party?
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.