Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Prophets of Science Fiction

Author Topic: Prophets of Science Fiction
EVOC
Member # 9381

- posted      Profile for EVOC   Email EVOC         Edit/Delete Post 
Have any of you watched the show Prophets of Science Fiction on the Science Channel. Its a brand new series (only two episodes in). I like the show a lot. Thought I would see if others on here have seen it and what you guys thought.

Last week it was Mary Shelley and this week it was Philip K. Dick. Next week, H. G. Wells.

They also have listed on their web page to have later episodes on:

Arthur C. Clark
Isaac Asimov
Jules Verne
Robert Heinlein
George Lucas

Posts: 725 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't heard of it, but I will definitely check it out. Thanks, EVOC.
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
The list you list reminds me of the old test / joke: Pick the Thing That Doesn't Belong With the Others.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pick the Thing That Doesn't Belong With the Others.
George Lucas.

That was easy.

I wish I got the Science channel. They have another show I liked whenever I had a chance to watch it. Mantracker.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVOC
Member # 9381

I have to agree that George Lucas is out of place in the list.
Posts: 725 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redux
Member # 9277

- posted      Profile for redux   Email redux         Edit/Delete Post 
Roddenberry would make more sense on that list than Lucas.
Posts: 525 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by redux:
Roddenberry would make more sense on that list than Lucas.

Agreed!
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVOC
Member # 9381

It will be interesting to see what other names they announce as they continue with the series. There are certainly a long list of Science Fiction Prophets out there.

Right now the show takes a look at the Author, then talks about some of their works. They then compare those works and show how many of their "future" ideas are true now.

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Are those pictures on the site supposed to be them? Besides not looking much like who they're supposed to be, they're better-looking...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVOC
Member # 9381

In the episode guides those are pictures of Actors. Their pictures on in the bios section.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.