Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Funny signs

Author Topic: Funny signs
MattLeo
Member # 9331

- posted      Profile for MattLeo   Email MattLeo         Edit/Delete Post 
I came across a funny sign the other day.

You know how "artisanal" has become the new "home made"? It means just like Grandma would have made -- if she'd studied at Le Cordon Bleu with Julia Child. Well I came across a sign which offered "Artisan egg breakfast sandwiches." My first reaction was, "Honey, let's put some of those eggs in an incubator and see what happens."

Posts: 1459 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen several signs lately that said something along the lines of: "The boss said change the sign so I did." Old joke, actually, but it's out there.

Something more disturbing...I was stopped at a traffic light where a Burger King was on the corner. The sign said "Try our new Bacon [something]"---I couldn't read that last word right away 'cause some trees blocked the view.

Then the light changed and I moved forward and could read it, and the word was "Sundae." I was shouting, "Oh, Geese, Eww, Gross, Disgusting!" (despite being alone in the car) for a couple of miles down the road.

Another old joke by Drew Carey comes to mind: "For the people who just don't care anymore."

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.