Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Sarah Paxton

Author Topic: Sarah Paxton
akeenedesign
Member # 7816

- posted      Profile for akeenedesign   Email akeenedesign         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! My name is Sarah Paxton, I'm 12 years old and I live in Connecticut.

Mother tells me I shouldn't talk to strangers like this, but I think she secretly likes it when I come home with stories she can tell to her own friends. Like when I found out about the rotting deer behind the Haggis's home.

Although, I wasn't talking to strangers that time to find that out, I suppose... I was watching Widow Seymour from the edge of our property. See, she was running about much earlier than I knew she should have been. She told me about the dead deer on her way to the doctor. She had to go to the doctor, you see, because Mr. Haggis didn't even remember killing the deer. Widow Seymour said he was sick in the head.

Mother and I love talking about stories like the dead deer, and how it ended up there, and why Mr. Haggis wouldn't remember killing it. We always conclude that it's witchcraft.

I think Mother just likes knowing things about other people and talking about them to her friends. That's not why I find things out about everyone, though.

That's all I can say about myself, I suppose! If anyone wishes to ask me anything, I'd be happy to answer your questions!

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaythe
Member # 7857

- posted      Profile for Rhaythe   Email Rhaythe         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Sarah. You be careful talking to strangers. You never know what people might do.

So do you and Widow Seymour get along?

Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akeenedesign
Member # 7816

- posted      Profile for akeenedesign   Email akeenedesign         Edit/Delete Post 
For being the ugliest woman in town, Widow Seymour isn't too bad. She has nothing to do most of the time, so she's the first to know everything. She yells at me when she thinks I'm being disobedient, though, even if Mother is standing right there! Of course, even Mother gives her respect. She IS one of the oldest people in the village.
Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Collin
Member # 8522

- posted      Profile for Collin   Email Collin         Edit/Delete Post 
Does your Mother gossiping with her friends about everything you tell her ever get under your skin? Or do you like the attention?
Posts: 90 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akeenedesign
Member # 7816

Hmmm... Good question, Collin, I hadn't really thought of that. I suppose I don't mind her talking about things I tell her.

I don't want us to be known as the village gossips, since gossiping is a sin, but witchcraft is a sin that actually kills people. I would rather be a gossip in order to find and stop a witch, than be ignorant and die because of it. I think God can understand that, right? God said that he has no mercy for witchcraft or people who summon spirits, and if He led me to see something that helps to uncover one of those people, then I'm doing His work by telling others.

I try not to enjoy attention when I do get it. I like the thought of being important enough that others think and talk about me when I am not around, but too much attention makes me nervous. If someone begins to pay too much attention to me, I would be wary of them.

Thank you for that question, it made me think!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.