FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Condiments of the world, unite and take over! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Condiments of the world, unite and take over!
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

- posted      Profile for Rani Sambol Oelik   Email Rani Sambol Oelik         Edit/Delete Post 
We will dominate! We will rule all!

Who's with me?

Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Aye!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

- posted      Profile for Rani Sambol Oelik   Email Rani Sambol Oelik         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you a condiment? *squints* You don't look like a condiment.
Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd help, but I'm actually a main course (though I can be served as a hearty dessert as well. [Wink] )
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tandorii
Member # 8021

- posted      Profile for Tandorii   Email Tandorii         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm here to make chicken taste better, and I'll fight for that !
Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure tandoori is the condiment. I think Tandorii is a planet.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Course I'm a condiment! I'll make your steak taste better than A1 will ever hope to accomplish.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tandorii
Member # 8021

I'm an Indian curry paste, actually. People marinate chicken with me and yoghourt and grill it.
Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

yummy...*stomach grumbles*
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Mango chutney! It's the new ranch!
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tandorii
Member # 8021

I'll be more a mint sauce person.
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

Tandoori is not a condiment. A tandoor is a type of oven - round, usually buried up to its neck, with clay on its sides. No, tandoori is not a curry paste. Yes, you can get tandoori curry pastes, but they're called that for ferenghi to differentiate it from other curry pastes. Indians call it curry.

Just to nitpick, you know. [Big Grin]

Tandorii
Member # 8021

You do that very well [Taunt]
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

Thank you. It's a skill I've worked hard at mastering. [Big Grin]
P*t*cks Tandorii curry paste
Member # 8022

- posted      Profile for P*t*cks Tandorii curry paste   Email P*t*cks Tandorii curry paste         Edit/Delete Post 
Better ?
Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

Almost. You spelled Tandoori wrong. [Big Grin]
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

Sheesh, considering that I only came into the world a mere half hour ago (or so), I sure have a decent post count happening.
Member # 8022

- posted      Profile for P*t*cks Tandorii curry paste   Email P*t*cks Tandorii curry paste         Edit/Delete Post 
Right, quid, I recognized you. *grumbles*
I love Indian food even if I'm unable to spell.

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
You condiments will never have mustard a strong enough force to dominate!

Just give up now!

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

I wasn't going for obscure. [Big Grin] But tell me, who are you?
Member # 8022

Of courrrrrrrse I'm Frrench ! Where did you think I get this outrrrageous accent ?
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

Anna?
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
That was a big hint, right ? [Wink]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

Yup. And I think it worked. *squints* Did it work?

Um, I like your other persona. Okay, I like this one, too, but the other one is fun. So, um, let it come out and play once in a while, 'kay?

Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

Okay, maybe I'll change back into my other personality now.
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
With great pleasure, quid. Only I'll register the good spelling !
I hesitated with "Rogan Josh", another curry paste I know and like. Would it have been better ?

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

Ooooh! I think you and I might have been the only people who knew what that was! Coolness!

Also cool would be... Kotte Sambol or mint chutney or raita or.... I could think up a million of these babies. Er, a dozen at least, anyways. [Big Grin]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
So what gives me away so fast, anyway? Is it the time of day I'm posting, my quirky and bizarre sense of humour, my wit, my charm? What?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogan Josh
Member # 8024

- posted      Profile for Rogan Josh   Email Rogan Josh         Edit/Delete Post 
Imogen would probably know what it is, too - she is much into Indian food, if I remember correctly, and it's easier to find in Australia than in France (or so I hear).
Actually, Quid, your sense of humour plus your large knowing of Indian food [Wink]

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Yeah, yeah, I should'a known.

Hmm. Is that hummour at all similar to hummous? Does is have a lot of garlic and lemon juice in it? Cuz that's my favorite way....

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogan Josh
Member # 8024

- posted      Profile for Rogan Josh   Email Rogan Josh         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't spell. *blushes*
Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

[ROFL] Tis okay. I just love nitpicking sometimes, and today, I'm in the mood for it.

Oh, and you're about to become a part of the stew. [Big Grin]

Rogan Josh
Member # 8024

Nope. No rice left.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Ah, but ...
Crown Princess of Pickle Relish
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for Crown Princess of Pickle Relish           Edit/Delete Post 
I will condescend to participate with this revolution, but only if I may have a good place in the resulting governmental hierarchy when it's all over.
Posts: 36 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogan Josh
Member # 8024

If only I knew the Monty Python dialog by heart... You know, the peasants that don't recognize Arthur in Holy Grail.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Rogan Josh, grandma has naan.

CP, you may be my secretary of state. How does that sound? Oh, and all the cucumbers you can stand.

Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Now i'm having Curry withdrawls. There was this curry place I used to go to in Japan. It is called Coco's. It had the best...curry...ever. Well that I know of.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogan Josh
Member # 8024

Can I be the goverment official cook ?
Crown Princess of Pickle Relish
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for Crown Princess of Pickle Relish           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...Ok, I can work with that, as long as pickles are served at EVERY state dinner.

*sets out to learn how to spin things*

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Absolutely. Um, are you any good, Rogan?

Wowbagger - yeah, see, that's the whole reason for this thread, to tempt you beyond reason for excellent curry. Going insane yet?

Rogan Josh
Member # 8024

I promise I won't poison anyone you haven't asked me to.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Kewl! That's the spirit!

And on that note, I'm off to bed. G'nite!

Rogan Josh
Member # 8024

Good night !
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank God. Now maybe that "Cud" storyline can escape the Indian food rut.... [Wink]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogan Josh
Member # 8024

I can't. Isn't it better that way ? [Big Grin]
Rogan Josh
Member # 8024

OK, my "work day" is over and I have a busy evening. Good bye everybody, see you tomorrow !
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Hey, I've already given Rogan Josh potential life outside the boundaries of condimentation. Run free, little sauce.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*comes in*

*looks around*

*smiles*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Fudge Sauce
Member # 8025

- posted      Profile for Hot Fudge Sauce           Edit/Delete Post 
I shall rule the world!
[Evil]

Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.