FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Condiments of the world, unite and take over! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Condiments of the world, unite and take over!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*raises eyebrow*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Fudge Sauce
Member # 8025

- posted      Profile for Hot Fudge Sauce           Edit/Delete Post 
*drizzles on KQ*
Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh, yum! I love hot fudge sauce. It's really good mixed with ketchup.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Fudge Sauce
Member # 8025

Ew.

*backs away, so as not to get ketchupy*
*licks self*

Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crown Princess of Pickle Relish
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for Crown Princess of Pickle Relish           Edit/Delete Post 
As unsure as I am about accepting dessert condiments into the hierarchy of our new government, I will have to agree with Mr. Sauce--hot fudge and ketchup together sounds ABSOLUTELY repulsive.

I'm sorry, KQ, but there are some unions that aren't meant to be, even for political purposes.

One of your own kind...stick to your own kind!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Fudge Sauce
Member # 8025

quote:
One of your own kind...stick to your own kind!

But I was created sticky...I pretty much stick to everything.

You're just jealous because you're not chocolate. [Razz]
And you know chocolate can rule the world on it's own.

Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for Crown Princess of Pickle Relish           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I'M not out to rule the world. I'm only out to protect the interests of Pickletopia. I just think that a union between dessert condiments and non-dessert condiments is a recipe for disaster.

That, and REALLY gross hot dogs, and desserts.

Edited because by marriage I meant union...since I think KQ is technically already married to one of her own kind. [Wink]

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, heck yes. And we have already produced a Crown Princess.
Ketchup Princess
Member # 7716

- posted      Profile for Ketchup Princess           Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Hi! Can I come play? I like Rogan Josh! [Kiss]
Posts: 36 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Fudge Sauce
Member # 8025

Well fine then. If you don't want to rule the world, I will. [Smile]

People love chocolate...and it is addicting. They just can't get enough of me. [Wink]

*primps in mirror*

Member # 8019

Like I said, you can have the world...with the exception of my kingdom. [Big Grin]

And yes, people DO love chocolate, but it shouldn't be mixed with non-dessert condiments! That's my whole point!

Ketchup Princess
Member # 7716

- posted      Profile for Ketchup Princess           Edit/Delete Post 
*looks up with sticky face and hands*

Yes, chocolate is yum-yum! More!

*eats more Hot Fudge Sauce*

Posts: 36 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*contemplates chocolate-dipped sweet pickle with ketchup*

Hmmm...

Hot Fudge Sauce
Member # 8025

Ack! Hey, cut that out! Or I'll get in your hair! [Taunt]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Pssst. She doesn't mind that, she puts food in her hair all the time...)
Member # 8019

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
*contemplates chocolate-dipped sweet pickle with ketchup*

Hmmm...

BLASPHEMER!!!!!

Go no further, or my realm will declare a holy war on you and yours!

Hot Fudge Sauce
Member # 8025

Aw darn.

*plots escape plan*

edit: in response to KQ

Cool Whipped Cream
Member # 8027

- posted      Profile for Cool Whipped Cream           Edit/Delete Post 
Have no fear, Whipped Cream is here!

*heroic pose*

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ooooh, I love Whipped Cream. [Kiss]

*knights Whipped Cream*

Cool Whipped Cream
Member # 8027

[Big Grin]
Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 8019

We have no problem with that, as long as you're not involving him/her in some unholy combination of dessert and non-dessert condiments.

*acknowledges Whipped Cream*

Edited to include the royal we, which just doesn't get enough play.

Cool Whipped Cream
Member # 8027

Just call me "Sir Cool". [Wink]
Hot Fudge Sauce
Member # 8025

*drizzles on Sir Cool*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Awww, PR, I was just teasing you. While I do like ketchup on my cheesecake, I would never willingly involve a pickle in it. I value your friendship too much.

Shall we go for hamburgers? The dessert condiments can hang out with the shakes.

Hot Fudge Sauce
Member # 8025

You mean I can't hang out with you guys?
*tear*

Member # 8019

Indeed. We shall accept your offer of peace and hamburgers.

Let the fork...er...hatchet be buried between our two peoples. [Big Grin]

Cool Whipped Cream
Member # 8027

Don't cry.

You'll dillute the chocolate.

Member # 8019

Mr. Fudge: You can hang out; you just can't MIX.

You said it yourself; ketchup and hot fudge sauce do not a healthy combination make.

Hot Fudge Sauce
Member # 8025

Mr.? MR.?! I am a lady, thank you very much.

Ok, I won't mix. I'll just hang.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Exactly. But, in the end, we all end up in the same place, and isn't that what's important?
Member # 8019

Oh, so sorry. We called you Mr. a little while ago, and you didn't protest, so we just assumed.

Our sincerest apologies, Lady Fudge Sauce. [Big Grin]

Cool Whipped Cream
Member # 8027

Is this the "don't let foods touch each other on the plate" but "they'll mix in the stomach anyway" argument?
Member # 8019

Queen Ketchup, yes, ultimately, we all go to the same place, but realistically, some combinations are an offense to the God of Taste.

And isn't that what condiments are all about...taste?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Sir Cream, I am all for freedom of mixing, but for the time being, we are trying to keep the peace.
Cool Whipped Cream
Member # 8027

*starts singing Kum-by-yah*
Hot Fudge Sauce
Member # 8025

*holds hands and sings*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*grimaces* How about a nice round of "We Shall Overcome" or something instead? I am sooo sick of Kum-by-yah...
Member # 8019

But what would we be overcoming?
Pico de Gallo
Member # 8028

- posted      Profile for Pico de Gallo           Edit/Delete Post 
The rest of the world....was't that the whole point? (And yes, I realize I'm not a condiment, LOL).
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 8019

Well, you're kind of a condiment. Close enough, anyway. [Big Grin]

And, that's true, I'd forgotten the whole "Taking over the world" thing.

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm, Rogan Josh.

[Smile]

Anna was right.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
God of Taste
Member # 8030

- posted      Profile for God of Taste   Email God of Taste         Edit/Delete Post 
Dessert and Non-Dessert Condiments are an unholy combination. They shall not mix. That is an abomination before Me.

They can, however, hang out and socialize. We have no problem with that.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogan Josh
Member # 8024

- posted      Profile for Rogan Josh   Email Rogan Josh         Edit/Delete Post 
Imogen, I knew that [Smile]
It's probably my Terry Pratchett addiction, when I read "abomination before me", I thought about Nuggan in Monstruous regiment [Razz]

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm reading that right now. 2/3 done!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 8019

quote:
Originally posted by God of Taste:
Dessert and Non-Dessert Condiments are an unholy combination. They shall not mix. That is an abomination before Me.

They can, however, hang out and socialize. We have no problem with that.

Ah-HA! Vindicated! [Big Grin]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
The God of Taste sounds like a fair and reasonable deity.

Um, wait...

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
*knows what Rogan Josh is*
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

- posted      Profile for Rani Sambol Oelik   Email Rani Sambol Oelik         Edit/Delete Post 
I will rule the world!
Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogan Josh
Member # 8024

- posted      Profile for Rogan Josh   Email Rogan Josh         Edit/Delete Post 
It's OK if I can be co-ruler of the world with you.
Come on... It's too much work for one, anyway!

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

- posted      Profile for Rani Sambol Oelik   Email Rani Sambol Oelik         Edit/Delete Post 
I will allow others to rule in my name, provided I receive my tribute.
Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.