FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 2)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
The Ender Defense or The Ender Theory - After Junior's failed coup d'etat, he tries to mount the "Ender Defense" (i.e. ends justify the means). Ender argues against this defense, and in turn, condemns his own actions in the xenocide.

Apostle to the Ramen - Hey, if we followed the "must have Ender" rule, the third book would've been called Ender's Children instead of the awesome title, Xenocide.

The Life of Ender -To steal the title of one of my favorite book titles in the Enderverse, The Life of Human.

Ender and Valentine- Everyone loves Val. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott,

I think that this is the most times you have ever posted in a thread in such a short period of time. [Evil]

So you coming to OrneryCon this year? [Big Grin]

I just want to know when you are going to write the next PastWatch.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I'd actually love to see a book named for and largely about Valentine, or else tightly following Valentine's perspective. She's still the enigma, really. We know what motivates Ender, and now we have a good view of Peter, but we still have no idea what Valentine's really thinking.

How, for example, would Valentine deal with Achilles?

[ March 10, 2005, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom

Valentine and Randi competing for the soul of Randi's baby? One with hate the other with love.

Ender's Valentine would be a good title then.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ender: The Quickening
[ROFL]
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Serious suggestions:

-Ender's Exile
-Speaker Andrew

Funny ones:

-The Endersey? It could have a prequel called the Alaiad!
-Speaker Ender (or: How I learned to stop belly-button inspecting and love the Hive-Queen)
-Deconstructing Ender

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read SotG yet either, so I'm going a bit blind, but what about Ender's Light (a play on Ender's Shadow )?

Some of these are funny. Please continue. [Smile]

[ March 10, 2005, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] [Party] [Party]

(I'm in study hall and my friend's looking at me funny for being so excited!)

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

Ender's Bender a very special story about Ender's dalliances with alchohol and drugs, and the consequences of such.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Shadow's Shadow, or Ender's Shadow^2
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scooter
Member # 6915

- posted      Profile for Scooter   Email Scooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I’ll throw my hat in:

Some fun ones;

Ender’s Pitstop

Ender’s Layover

More serious ones, depending on the direction of the story (hence the parenthetical comments—no offense intended if they seem unnecessary):

Ender Speaks OR Speaking of Ender (grows into his Speaker role)

Ender Lives (could allude to many things, perhaps overcoming deepest levels of guilt to a tolerable level)

Ender’s Heel (in reference to the other Achille, assuming he is confrontational)

Ender’s Ends (does he accomplish or set out to accomplish anything major here?)

Ender’s Evolution (broad allusion to a transition, maturation)

Ender’s Change

Posts: 83 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

quote:
Ender Speaks OR Speaking of Ender (grows into his Speaker role)
That story has already been written, and it's called Investment Counselor.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Afraid I've Got Some Bad News, Ender: You're In Space

Ender 2: Electric Boogaloo

Um....

[Edit -- apparently there's a spoiler for something here. Not sure what. So here's the warning, I guess. But if you haven't read all the Ender/Shadow books, you shouldn't be giving suggestions anyway. So there. Nyeh.]

I was gonna say Ender's Heel, but was beaten to it. It also kinda depends on what the plot holds for Ender and the Beanlet (no, that's not a title suggestion). Are they gonna get along? Are they gonna battle? Does proto-Jane get involved? Is the focus Ender's search for a planet for the Hive Queen? Ender's Search or Ender's Bridge?. Since he's going to another colony that was time-dilated, everyone's still going to remember him without much time going by -- is he beginning to try to obscure himself already? Has his reputation as the "Xenocide" already taken hold? Is it beginning to? Ender's Fall or Ender's Demise?

<Will keep thinking.>

--Pop

[ March 10, 2005, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Papa Moose ]

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Pop brings up a good point. If this is the point at which Ender first deals with his new place in history, how about Ender the Xenocide?
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
What shame to choose this of all 24 hour periods to go to sleep early and sleep in late.

*weeps*

Ender's Gambit kind-of has a ring to it.

And Valentine is an enigma, in many ways.

Ender's Enigma?

*Heads out the door reluctantly to work*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think combining the two things I'd really like to see -- the world from Valentine's perspective, and Ender's reaction to becoming known as a mass-murderer -- would give us enough guilt to power a colony for decades. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
So Ender's Guilt then? Or Ender's Remorse?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Dilemma... [Razz]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Which brings us 'round to Ender's Shame and the nice lil' rhyme. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
Enders’ Bridge Over The Troubled Water
[ROFL]
Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Bridges of Madison County [ROFL]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender, Wiggin' Out

<---so sorry, just caught a recap of American Idol..Seacrest out.

okay, just to throw out a few:

Ender Evolution
Ender's Flux
The Passage of Ender

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

Ender and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Ender and the Chocolate Factory

[ March 10, 2005, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: AntiCool ]

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Ender Wiggin and the Half-Blood Alien

Ender Wiggin and the Chamber of Formics

Ender Wiggin and the Prisoner of Ansible

[ March 10, 2005, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Some of these titles sound like soap operas, others like bad scifi movies. [Eek!]

[ROFL]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Ender and the Bad Sci-Fi Movie. [Eek!]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Ender Strikes Back?
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

The Eye Of Ender?
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] I needed this thread to give me a good laugh. And the new Ender book will be cool too... [Razz] I confess I've been so swamped I haven't done any reading for a while and I still need to go by SotG.

AJ

[ March 10, 2005, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Never Ender
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
*groan*
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
How about: Boy Enderupted
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark
Member # 6393

- posted      Profile for Mark   Email Mark         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Giant
Posts: 94 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender the Dragon
Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Crouching Bean Hidden Ender
Mark
Member # 6393

- posted      Profile for Mark   Email Mark         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender and the Giant
Ender and the Shadow of the Giant.
Ender and the Giant's Shadow

My favorite so far is "Ender and the Bean Stalk." Plays on the whole giant thing without mentioning "giant"!

Posts: 94 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belgarath
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Belgarath   Email Belgarath         Edit/Delete Post 
Enders Duty

Enders Cross
(andrews cross)

Enders Infamy

Posts: 40 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender, Search for a Perfect Planet

Edit:

Ender, Formic Diplomat

Ender the Negotiator

Ender's Interpratation

Ender's Redemption

Ender's Path

Ender's Plan

Ender's Search

Edit of the Edit:

Ender's Meditation

Ender's Calling

[ March 10, 2005, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I really like Ender's Exile.

Other thoughts:

Ender Wandering
Ender's Course
Ender Abroad
Ender Adrift

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Ender's Suffering

Ender, Shadowed by the Giant

Ender's Decision

Ender's Sin

Ender, New Age Prophet

(not seriously) Ender, Still Kicking

Ender's Revenge

Ender's Memories

Ender's Sister

Ender's Mind

Edit:

Ender's Jeesh

[ March 10, 2005, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked

Ender Adrift

and

Ender the Xenocide

The latter because if the book deals with the hatred that grows toward Ender's actions, it would fit perfectly.

The former is suitablly sad and indicative that Ender has not yet found his purpose or calling as a speaker.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

- posted      Profile for starlooker   Email starlooker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm....

Thoughts!

Ender Reviled (if he is beginning to become hated. It may be that Achilles II has something to do with Ender's reputation turning around, alongside The Hive Queen making the human race ashamed of itself).

By the way, is Starways Congress beginning to form around this time? If so, would there be pressure on Ender to run for Hegemon or something? (Ender for President)

Ender's Growth (an idea I liked for all of two seconds until I realized it sounds like our hero has a tumor).

Another thought: If Starways Congress is getting off the ground, and we're still in a timeframe in which genetic research is looking for a cure for Bean, might this be the point in time when they start experimenting with Path? Is there a role Achilles II might play in that? After all, if Ender meets him as an adult, Achilles II will have figured out that there is something very wrong with him and may be carrying quite the vendetta against humankind.

Ender's Path

Ender's Road

Ender's Heart (if it's a Valentine-focused novel. Which I would very much like to see -- Valentine as a youngish woman. Eh, who am I kidding. I would like to see Valentine at my age. I'm 25 now, so if the novel comes out in say, two years, shoot for making her 27.) The title itself is a bit cheesy, though.

Ender's Solitude (perhaps less harsh than Ender Reviled)

Ender Wandering

Ender Connected (Connecting? Connects?)

With Achilles II there, and possibly a member of the jeesh running the colony... wow. Ender really cannot seem to get away from his past. Almost like a dark presence following him, dooming him to remember... oh, wow! I have a title. It's coming to me. Wait for it...

Ender's Shadow!

Oh. Nevermind. Too bad, though.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender-Ourosboros...

I think that is how that word is spelled.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I still like Ender, Formic Diplomat .........
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

quote:
That story has already been written, and it's called Investment Counselor.
I've actually been waiting for school to be over so I could come back and ask this question: Is this book going to include a bit of the Investment Counselor story? Also in response to the quote, Investment Counselor only told about how he first came to know of Speaking, not really how he first started doing it himself (if I remember correctly).

If the new book involved Ender speaking at all, you would have to take into account the Investment Counselor timeline any way. (Well, you wouldn't have to, but whatever.)

*goes back to actually read the rest of the second page*

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Ender's Regret

Ender's Defeat

Endangered Ender

Ender's Inner Demon

(This all suck! [Cry] )

MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

Are there any words out there that haven't been coupled with Ender and thrown in as a title?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Ender's Regret

Ender's Defeat

Endangered Ender

Ender's Inner Demon

(These all suck! [Cry] )

beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Um... I'm not so good at the funny. Oh, well. It is, however, really cool to see the attention Mr. Card is paying the site these past 24 hours. I personally think there are a few titles here that could really work and a few that are just awesomelly funny. Wish I was creative enough to contribute either. Oh, well. A full day at school with my students usually destroys the old brain juices for a good couple hours.

Keep it up guys. It would be great for a suggestion to make it all the way to the cover.

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Pop! That word choice was a big-time spoiler. [No No]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.