FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 5)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender is the Knight

Love Me Ender

Rear Ender (subtitle; accidental tourist?)

Game Ender (he beat the Hive Queen at the buzzer? Or, I guess that might go along with Rear Ender too... Does the Hive Queen have a buzzer? Hmmm...

Ender's High Score

Ender Shrugged

Just because I couldn't resist...
Ender's Same -- this could be great -- the story of Ender's Game told from the perspective of one of the other characters!!! How's that for a cool idea?
Next one could be Ender's Replay...
<insert sheepish apology here to OSC>

Maybe a serious one or two:
Ender's Time

Ender's Frontier or Ender's Horizon

Ender's Victory (because we all know victory is bittersweet)

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Say, Bob, did you invite the Cards to the wedding? [Wink]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
They're Hatrackers, so they're invited.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
No derailing! [No No]
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Gambit?
aww, someone already suggested that on page 1

[ March 10, 2005, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: mothertree ]

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Ender's Venison

[ March 10, 2005, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
...yuk, yuk, yuk...

[EDIT] Awww! Bob edited the joke out! Now I just seem like a rambling idiot (of course not that I really am [Angst] ).

[ March 10, 2005, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: scottneb ]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yonush
Member # 7506

- posted      Profile for yonush   Email yonush         Edit/Delete Post 
The Speaker's shadow
Ender's beginning.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Ender: New Beginning

-o-

The Wheel of Ender
The Sword of Ender

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

grr . . . jumped by a newbie . . . [Mad] [Wink]
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender Inchoate

or for the possible videogame release

Super Ender

[ March 10, 2005, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Heffaji ]

Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arevoj
Member # 7347

- posted      Profile for arevoj   Email arevoj         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Evolution

Edit: Looking back through the pages, Scooter listed this one first...

[ March 10, 2005, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: arevoj ]

Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's House ...

So maybe I'll give up and simply include this entire thread in the book as an afterword. That way I could simply leave off a whole chapter and turn in a 90,000 word manuscript. Save a couple of days.

But then I'd have to give away so many copies of the book ... but I'll just tell my mom, "Sorry, we ran out!"

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Endertrek: The Next Iteration (and we already have the cover art)

Ender's Transition- where he has extensive psychotherapy sessions that never quite get him over the Xenocide trauma

I can't come up with anything good, but don't do anything "falling" Because you've already got "Earthfall" in the Homecoming series. I'd vote for the simple "Ender and Valentine" over anything cutesy. It is enough to catch the interest, but doesn't reveal much of anything about the plot.

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
A Mind For Ender Voyaging

Actually, I don't mind Ender Voyaging, although it might be too close to Alvin Journeyman, especially once you consider the thematic elements. Is Valentine Arthur Stuart or the plow? *grin*

[ March 10, 2005, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Funny, the first thing that pops into my head after reading "Ender Adrift" is "Innocents Abroad" even though I don't think I've read the Twain book.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arevoj
Member # 7347

- posted      Profile for arevoj   Email arevoj         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Got (No) Game

ugh! [Smile]

Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
AJ, the exact same thing happens to me. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ender's Giant Shadow
[ROFL]
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Neither an Ender nor a Borrower Be
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But then I'd have to give away so many copies of the book ... but I'll just tell my mom, "Sorry, we ran out!"
That reminds me: If you're still reading, Mr. Card, I just wanted to say that I tried to send you a 'thank you' email (via Mrs. Card's email address) for the signed copy of SotG which you sent me, and the mention in the acknowledgments. However, I got back some automated hotmail message about delivery of my email being delayed or something [Dont Know] So in case it never got through, I just wanted to say thanks. It really makes up for you not coming to Canada [Big Grin]

Oh, I'm Jason, by the way.

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] rivka

Ender is the night

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender and the Goblet of Fire
Beginners and Enders
Being Ender Wiggin
Ender Begin Again
Ender and the Temple of Doom
Ender Plays CARDS
Ender and Andrew, Transformation
Ender Lost and Found
Ender, Confessions of a Preteen Xenocide

OK, i think i made myself ill. My profuse apologies for these... If you now feel the need to smack me, i probably deserve it.

[ March 11, 2005, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: mimsies ]

Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Endlessly Ender
An Ender Look
Ender's Surrender
Ender's Defenders
I Coulda Been an Ender!
Render unto Ender
Ender's Blender (pina coladas!)

BSquallGuitarist
Member # 7503

- posted      Profile for BSquallGuitarist   Email BSquallGuitarist         Edit/Delete Post 
Some more... Enderish ones (I'm not a lurker I saw the thread linked over in VBS and jumped to this thread, making a new account.)

Ender's Gate
Ender's New Beginning
Ender's Political Game (joking?)
Ender's Utopia
Ender and the Universe
Ender Blasts Off
Ender's Peace
Ender's Second War
Ender The Xenocide
Ender's Escape

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ender's Back
This reminds me too much of all those cards in the old Star Wars TCG where you could recover a card you'd lost earlier in the game... they all had pictures of the said characters backs...

Luke's Back, Han's Back, Leia's Back, Obi Wan's Back... it went on and on..

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Oooh! I like Ender's Gate. That's pretty good.

Ender's Peace -- oops, that's been suggested already. Sorry. I do like it though.

Ender's Mirror It's like Ender's Shadow except in this one he spends a lot of time reflecting, neh? (okay, that's too silly)

Ender's Run I like this because in the original there's a sense of "End Game" and now you can play off of "End Run". Plus he's, um..., running.

More silliness:

To Your Scattered Enders Go!

Ender's Lender Hey, someone had to finance all that travel.

Pretender Ender Cuz he's pretending he's someone else and because this is before he becomes tender.

Now, if OSC wanted to pull a late-life Azimov (not now, but MUCH later) he could knit the Homecoming, Alvin Maker and Ender series together. That could be called simply MEnder. Or Battle School Homecoming at Hatrack River.
Scottneb -- you should just pretend you got the joke without help. Others are just puzzled.

[ March 11, 2005, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

I like Ender's Peace, which at least a couple of people have suggested. It makes a nice counterpoint to Ender's War, the title of the book club edition that combined Ender's Game and [/i]Speaker for the Dead.[/i]

-o-

Ender's Bagels [Big Grin]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Distraction
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

- posted      Profile for Andrew   Email Andrew         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Flight

Ender's Plight

Ender's Fight

Yay for rhymes!

Posts: 67 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

I really like Ender's Gate. Almost as much as Ender's Gambit.
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you;ll have to make up another word, like Xenocide. Instead of Ender Abroad, it could be Ender Aplanet.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scooter
Member # 6915

- posted      Profile for Scooter   Email Scooter         Edit/Delete Post 
At the risk of Grandma Card missing out on her copy, I'll post a few more:

My favorite of the following:

Learning of Ender (multiple-perspective title)

Others:

Ender’s Passage OR Passages of Ender

Leaving Ender (his reputation; or perhaps refers to someone else in reference to Ender)

Universal Ender

Ender Unacquainted OR Unacquainted with Ender

Ender Acquainted OR Acquainted with Ender

OR
Ender in the Sky with Diamonds

(sorry if any of these have been mentioned already) [Blushing]

[ March 11, 2005, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Scooter ]

Posts: 83 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's choice.

The last tempatation of Ender.

Ender's World.

World's of Ender.

I think all the best ones have been taken [Smile]

Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian_Berlin
Member # 6900

- posted      Profile for Brian_Berlin   Email Brian_Berlin         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender: The Dragon

plays off of dragon army and sounds like the 1973 bruce lee film "enter the dragon"

also sounding fun and contrasting is:
Ender: the Beginning
(spoken it sounds like end of the beginning)

[ March 11, 2005, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Brian_Berlin ]

Posts: 116 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jqueasy
Member # 7085

- posted      Profile for Jqueasy   Email Jqueasy         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender gets a swirly.
Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

More fun ones:

Enderito- In which Ender takes on a failing snack food company and revitalizes it for interstellar travel, including an all new beverage line that has:

Enderade- A power drink for when you need to perform complex space navigation calculations.

Endersure- For the senior in Space.
[Razz]
AJ

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Other Shadow
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*agrees with mothertree's last post*
Andrew
Member # 7502

Ender's Battle

Ender's Battlefield

Don't even ask what relevence those have...though I guess it could be considered the battle going on in his own mind...

Posts: 67 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I like how you think, Brian. [Smile]
Andrew
Member # 7502

" "

(ditto)

[ March 11, 2005, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Andrew ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I like Ender's Gate. Seems so obvious now - the mark of a good idea.

How about Ender: Outcast?

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian_Berlin
Member # 6900

- posted      Profile for Brian_Berlin   Email Brian_Berlin         Edit/Delete Post 
if the title were to be sort of chess-themed like Ender's Game, it'd be really neat to incorporate something like "En Passant" in the title. It literally means "in passing"

in chess, it is a move made whereby one pawn1 captures pawn2 by pawn1 moving diagonnally behind pawn2 immediately after pawn2 makes an opening move covering 2 squares. a picture is worth a thousand words if you don't know the move:
http://www.avlerchess.com/learn-specialmoves.html

but "in passing" could both allude to the fact that we're picking up the story midway through. It could also hint at how the foe is ultimately dealth with.

and the fact that both pieces are pawns might be symbolic of something.

"Ender Passant" - would be "Ender Passing"... which I don't like.

Ender En Passant - maybe
Speaker En Passant - better but doesn't say ender

What other words coule be used to describe Ender:
Hero En Passant
Savior En Passant
Children En Passant

something to think about

===============
on a different tack:
could play off of Achille's name

Ender's Achille's Heel

or not.

================

Wiggin vs. Flanders... sounds too much like the simpsons. "Hididdely ho neighboreeni"
================

I like "en passant" and think it'd be neat to use
(as a second choic to Ender: the Dragon)

[Smile]

[ March 11, 2005, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Brian_Berlin ]

Posts: 116 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Run (though sounds perhaps too much like Logan's Run)
Ender's Zone (might sound too cheesy-sci-fi-ish)
Ender's Play

<Was trying to think of phrases beginning with "end," similar to Ender's Game being based on "end game.">

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender Rex
Ender at Colonus
Valentigone

No, forget those....

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HappyPanda
Member # 7326

- posted      Profile for HappyPanda   Email HappyPanda         Edit/Delete Post 
My only problem with "En passant" is that I first read it as "The pissant"

Maybe he could go through his teen phase?

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Valentigone
Oh dear. Boogers on the screen again.

[Big Grin]

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
What about a play on the "game" of Ender's Game? (I think some of these are repeats, so forgive me, please [Smile] ):

Ender's Play
Ender's Joy
Ender's Sport
Ender's Strategy
Ender's Diversion
Ender's Romp
Ender's Duty
Ender's Labor
Ender's Work

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
With apologies to Dave Barry:

Another Damn Ender Book

[ March 11, 2005, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Yozhik ]

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.