FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The They Said A Thing thread (Page 14)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The They Said A Thing thread
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In a rambling speech in Ocala, Florida, Donald Trump suggested today that ISIS terrorists are rooting for a Hillary Clinton victory because they know they will then be able to “take over this country.”

Trump, who has been featured in ISIS and Al Qaeda propaganda and who some security experts believe is the group’s candidate of choice, said ISIS members are “hoping and praying that Hillary Clinton becomes president of the United States because they’ll take over not only that part of the world, they’ll take over this country, they’ll take over this part of the world, believe me.”

He also once again attacked President Obama for referring to the group as ISIL: “You know why he does that? Because he likes disturbing all of you.”

ok
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Conservative activist Jesse Lee Peterson was not happy with Donald Trump’s performance in the first presidential debate, writing in a WorldNetDaily column over the weekend that the GOP didn’t attack Hillary Clinton forcefully enough because “you cannot be weak with evil.”

Americans, he wrote, have suffered under the “girly” Obama, who is the “son of Satan,” because white men like Mitt Romney have been afraid of speaking up and being called racist (“a made-up word”).

This led Peterson to address the birther movement: “Patriots like Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Donald Trump want openness. They value truth. I’m glad they scrutinized liar Barack Obama. (Between Sheriff Joe, Sheriff David Clarke and a few others, all the real men support Donald Trump.)”

Finally, Peterson brought up the controversy over Trump’s insults of former Miss Universe Alicia Machado, claiming that Trump is being called a “bully” because it is “an anti-male slur meant to intimidate men, preventing them from defending themselves against female accusers” and linking to an InfoWars editor’s YouTube attack on Machado to claim that she is a “moral reprobate.”

ok
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
On Tuesday, Donald Trump campaign spokeswoman Katrina Pierson took a page from her boss and touted Trump’s performance in post-debate online polls that have no scientific accuracy whatsoever.

After conservative talk show host Joe Pags told Pierson that “news organization polling” is tilted against Trump because media outlets “have some sort of vested interested in getting Hillary Clinton elected,” Pierson said that the scientific polls conducted by media firms are “skewed.”

As proof, she cited the fact that the CNN sampled more Democrats in its poll of debate viewers. Three other scientific polls also found that most people thought that Clinton won the debate.

Pierson vigorously defended the accuracy of voluntary, unscientific online polls: “When you look at the online polls, these are people who are, like I said, not engaged in the day-to-day, 24-hour news cycle, watching cable news all day every day, these are just people. If you’re looking at Time magazine, if you’re on another website and they’re doing a poll and you vote in that poll, by the way, to the tune of over a million votes in some of these polls, that’s important, because those aren’t the people who are in it one way or another, a lot of those people are just engaging.”

ok
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Today, Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, guest-hosted the radio program “Point of View,” where he interviewed Walt Heyer, who says he is an ex-transgender woman who transitioned back to being a man.

Gohmert said that back when he was a judge, he observed that boys who were victims of child abuse “ended up feeling that they were gay,” seemingly “universally.”

“As a judge handling thousands of felony cases here in Texas, it seemed interesting to me that so often when it was a case of an adult man being charged with molesting a young boy, that the boys just seemed like, universally, they ended up feeling that they were gay,” he said. “And I was a bit perplexed by that, that gee, a kid would be molested and he goes on to think he’s gay the rest of his life when it seems like maybe that was not necessarily the road he was going down until the adult molester stepped in.”

Gohmert told “Point of View” listeners yesterday that homosexuality appeared to be to blame for Noah’s Flood.

ok
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Religious Right activist “Coach” Dave Daubenmire posted a video this morning declaring that a recording of Donald Trump bragging about being able to sexually assault women because he is famous should be of far less concern to Christians than the prospect of allowing a woman to become president.

“Women and men may be equal,” Daubenmire said, “but I think it’s pretty clear that the Bible teaches us that women should not be in authority over a man.”

“Here’s the point I’m making,” he continued. “With all that’s going on with Trump and everybody screaming and hollering about that, when is the last time your pastor stood up in the pulpit and said, ‘Hey, listen, we cannot vote for Hillary Clinton because women are not to have authority over men’? If we want to follow the Bible, that would sure be a good place to start, wouldn’t it? Rather than worrying so much about the immorality of a sinful man, what about the biblical principle that when a woman rules over a man … it’s a sign of judgment of the Lord?”

ok
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
On his radio show yesterday, Glenn Beck continued to complain that America has become so polarized that people are being ruthlessly attacked by their own side for daring to disagree with the party line on any issue … which is, he said, exactly what happened to Bill Cosby.

“Consitutionalists [within the GOP] are now the black population for the Democrats,” Beck said, insisting that African Americans who refuse to support the Democratic Party or its agenda are targeted for destruction and now the same thing is happening to “constitutionalists” within the Republican Party.

“I contend Bill Cosby would have gotten away with everything that he did his whole life had he not rocked the boat at the end and started talking about his community and saying, ‘We’ve got to look at our own community,'” Beck said. “Basically, what was he saying? The same things the Democrats don’t want to say about the family, the same things that they don’t want to say about Detroit; that the things that we’ve been doing and are being told to ignore are the problem.”

“You can’t have anybody think, you’ve got to shout them down,” Beck said.

ok
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
In an appearance today on “The Jim Bakker Show,” Charisma magazine founder and CEO Steve Strang said that it is impossible for a person with “a biblical point of view” to vote for Hillary Clinton in the upcoming election.

Donald Trump, on the other hand, is a wise and “humble” man who, according to Strang, has been the candidate chosen by God to lead the nation.

“I believe, as odd as it is, that God has raised him up” just as God raised up Abraham Lincoln to save the nation, he said.

ok
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Conservative activist Jesse Lee Peterson used his radio program yesterday to discuss his recent column urging Donald Trump to be harsher on the “evil” Hillary Clinton, which led him to go off on a tangent about how “America has been hell” and “a nightmare” under President Obama, who has turned the country “into a ghetto.”

This, Peterson argued at length, is because African Americans lack “character” and “destroy” the places where they live, so that if every white person were to pack up and leave the country, within ten years “America will have become a complete ghetto”:

quote:
I’ve said in the past that due to the lack of moral character—and not all, not all, not all, not all, not all but most, not all but most—if white people were to pack up and leave this country, just walk away, just with the clothes on their backs, and they said to black America, ‘We’re going to give America to you, you can have it, we’re not going to take anything with us but what we have on, may we please wear our clothes out of here, but everything else in our homes, in our communities, in the banks and everything, you can just have it,’ I guarantee you in 10 years or less, but definitely 10 years, America will have become a complete ghetto, 100 percent ghetto. It has nothing to do with color but the lack of character. When you don’t have character, you are a very destructive, don’t-care kind of person. We see it happening already in the urban areas around the country.

So just imagine what this black man has done to this country. He didn’t make it better. Isn’t that unfortunate? He did not make it better, he did not unite the country. He destroyed the country that was already built … It was already built and everything, running well and blah, blah, blah, and he could not take it and build on it and make it better. Just like when white people move out of the cities, when blacks start moving in, whites pack up and leave, and it’s already nice and beautiful and the only thing that blacks need to do is go in and continue what’s already happening. But instead they go in and they destroy it. Isn’t that amazing? So, this country is 240 years now … so all he had to do was just live, really , make it better, add on to it, not take away from it.

ok
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Larry Pratt, the executive director emeritus of Gun Owners of America, insisted over the weekend that the founding fathers would have wanted every military-age man in the U.S. to carry an M-16 rifle “at a minimum.”
ok
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Donald Trump on Tuesday made an incredibly alarming claim to supporters at a rally in Florida: “Do you know it was just announced that murder is the highest it’s been in our country in 45 years?”
ok
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Eric Trump sent a fundraising email out to supporters Wednesday morning titled “Momentum,” and included this map.

“As one of the most dedicated grassroots leaders in the country you know, momentum matters,” the email, sent on behalf of the Trump campaign, reads. “And right now all the momentum is on our side.”

Trump called on supporters to donate money to help fund aggressive ad blitzes and “get-out-and-vote operations.”

“We’re making huge gains against Crooked Hillary that you can see for yourself,” Trump wrote before the image of the above map.

Here’s the problem: That map GIF is from FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver, showing what the election would look like if only men voted.

ok
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Rudy Giuliani told Donald Trump supporters at a rally on Wednesday that he “doesn’t remember” seeing Hillary Clinton after the attacks on the twin towers — despite being photographed right next to her at ground zero.
ok
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Draft-dodger Donald Trump once said that the danger he faced from getting sexually transmitted diseases was his own “personal Vietnam.”
In a 1997 interview with shock jock Howard Stern, Trump talked about how he had been “lucky” not to have contracted diseases when he was sleeping around.
“I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world. It is a dangerous world out there. It’s scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam-era,” Trump said in a video that resurfaced Tuesday on Buzzfeed, “It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier.”

ok
Samprimary
Member # 8561

there's a duplicate in there i'm sure but i think that covers me for the week well back to go watch polls and explode BYE
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:
On his radio show yesterday, Glenn Beck continued to complain that America has become so polarized that people are being ruthlessly attacked by their own side for daring to disagree with the party line on any issue … which is, he said, exactly what happened to Bill Cosby.

“Consitutionalists [within the GOP] are now the black population for the Democrats,” Beck said, insisting that African Americans who refuse to support the Democratic Party or its agenda are targeted for destruction and now the same thing is happening to “constitutionalists” within the Republican Party.

“I contend Bill Cosby would have gotten away with everything that he did his whole life had he not rocked the boat at the end and started talking about his community and saying, ‘We’ve got to look at our own community,'” Beck said. “Basically, what was he saying? The same things the Democrats don’t want to say about the family, the same things that they don’t want to say about Detroit; that the things that we’ve been doing and are being told to ignore are the problem.”

“You can’t have anybody think, you’ve got to shout them down,” Beck said.

ok
Ah, there's the crazy, racist Glenn Beck we know and love. I was almost thinking that he was becoming a little bit reasonable by saying that voting for Clinton might be morally defensible.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
He never said that voting for Clinton was defensible. He said that not voting for Trump was, because good Republicans could still work to stymie Clinton at every turn even if she were elected.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Rush Limbaugh appears convinced sexual assault is a bogus concept invented by "the left."

As Donald Trump was in boiling hot water Wednesday evening after numerous media reports alleged he has sexually abused several women, the boisterous right-wing talk show host appeared mostly upset about the fact that rape is illegal.

"The left will promote and understand and tolerate anything, as long as there is one element. Do you know what it is? Consent," Limbaugh said during his namesake radio show Wednesday. "If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation then here come the rape police."

Limbaugh could need a brush up on some U.S. law, since what he's blasting the so-called "left" for policing is what "the rape police" — also known as the police — must enforce according to chapter 47 of U.S. Code 10.

ok
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
“I believe that Hillary Clinton will set a standard in this country that will lead to more sexual assaults against women because she will be setting an anti-biblical agenda,” Michelle Bachmann said.
ok
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Trump: ...You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

Not okay.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Came here to post the Rush quote. Yikes.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Trump: I didn’t sexually assault a People magazine reporter, because “look at her”
ok
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” -Donald Trump
ok
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Speaking to Irina, a Georgian wife and mother who gave her testimony in front of Pope Francis and hundreds of priests, seminarians and religious Oct. 1, the Pope said “you mentioned a great enemy of marriage today: gender theory.”

“Today the whole world is at war trying to destroy marriage,” he said, noting that this war isn’t being fought with arms “but with ideas.”

ok
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
He never said that voting for Clinton was defensible. He said that not voting for Trump was, because good Republicans could still work to stymie Clinton at every turn even if she were elected.

Well, that makes more sense. I guess that's what I get for skimming.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:
Eric Trump sent a fundraising email out to supporters Wednesday morning titled “Momentum,” and included this map.

“As one of the most dedicated grassroots leaders in the country you know, momentum matters,” the email, sent on behalf of the Trump campaign, reads. “And right now all the momentum is on our side.”

Trump called on supporters to donate money to help fund aggressive ad blitzes and “get-out-and-vote operations.”

“We’re making huge gains against Crooked Hillary that you can see for yourself,” Trump wrote before the image of the above map.

Here’s the problem: That map GIF is from FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver, showing what the election would look like if only men voted.

ok
Literal lol.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
“I’m standing at my podium and she walks in front of me, right,” Trump said during a rally in Greensboro, North Carolina. “She walks in front of me, you know. And when she walked in front of me, believe me, I wasn’t impressed.”

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.