FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Aug. 13 Raia-con BBQ in Bloomington--Say what you're bringing! See p. 3! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Aug. 13 Raia-con BBQ in Bloomington--Say what you're bringing! See p. 3!
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad there's going to be a Raia-con, even if a little sad that I won't be part of it. [Smile]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, you guys are so sweet!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
sweet, me no not really, just wanna play with shopping carts [Evil]
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
I promise not to be the one to take the pictures this time, so it wont take like a year to get them posted. [Razz]
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Bumped so that people can see the thread and add their names to the list of those attending.

Come on, come to Bloomington! You know you want to!

And, just to make this a useful post, a list of those coming:

Raia
breyerchic04
Megan
imenimok (maybe)
Stray
Allegra (maybe)
TMedina
Goody Scrivener (maybe)
blacwolve
Alcon
Grisha
fugu

What about other locals? Are you around?

edited to add fugu to the list. [Big Grin]

[ July 03, 2005, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Anna:
I'm glad there's going to be a Raia-con, even if a little sad that I won't be part of it. [Smile]

Anna, have I ever mentioned that I love you? [Smile]

[Kiss]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm in.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Have I ever answered that I do too? [Kiss]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Stray for e-mailing me! Our computer is only half-fixed, so I'm still on only about once a week.

August 13th I think works for me as well. At least, I don't see it not working for me. Are there any objections to kids at this get-together? I might want to bring the kids if not. Just post and I'll see it eventually. Thanks!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Kids are welcome.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as they don't mind having a frisbee put into their hands and being taught how to play [Wink]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
I may not be there, I might have to work that day.
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Updated list:

Raia
breyerchic04
Megan
imenimok (maybe)
Stray
Allegra (maybe)
TMedina
Goody Scrivener (maybe)
blacwolve
Alcon
Grisha (maybe)
fugu
Space Opera and little Operettas (tentative yes)

Anybody have any dietary restrictions that we need to take into account when planning food?

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

So*, I've had very inconsistent and unreliable internet access ever since I got back to the US on tuesday... can someone who knows my number call me with the final plans, or let me know if things change, or something?

I'm really excited about meeting all of you. [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

I don't eat much meat so I would like non-meat options. I can eat anything though.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll get your number from someone later today, then call you when I see something (this isn't as pathetic as it seems, I need it anyway)
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

My internet works once again! But Sarah, you're still welcome to call me. [Smile]

I actually called you the other day, but you didn't answer. I'll try again at some point.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

my home or cell #? for some reason my cell number is being a pain, it didn't show that kara called me either.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
*comes out of lurker mode*

Ummm count me in....

Oh, by the way, I call dibs on the shopping cart ride.

*goes back into lurker mode*

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Yeah, cell. Oh well, I'm talking to you now. So this post really is kind of pointless. Um, yeah. That's it.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't look like my kids will be with me that weekend, but I'll probably bring Mr. Opera along unless he has other plans.

All food is fine with me. What non-perishable item can I bring?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
The potential conflict that I was anticipating is now confirmed to be a different week, so barring a last-minute surprise, the Goodlets and I are in! We'll probably want to stay overnight just because the younger one isn't always too reliable with long car rides after long days out, so ideas in that regard would be appreciated. We do not have any kind of camping gear.

I'll wait till we get closer with regard to food contributions, because otherwise I'm bound to forget.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Hooray for the additions!

Re-updated list:

Raia
breyerchic04
Megan
imenimok (maybe)
Stray
Allegra (maybe)
TMedina
Goody Scrivener and goodlets
blacwolve
Alcon
Grisha (maybe)
fugu
Space Opera and Mr. Opera
JT Stryker

Goody, what kind of budget are you looking at? If push comes to shove, you guys could sleep in our guest bedroom, but I'm not 100% sure how my dogs would do with the Goodlets (what are the Goodlets' ages?). Otherwise, I can do some looking around for other options for you.

For now, I think it would be best to discuss general food options. I have in mind a menu of burgers (both veggie and non), hotdogs (possibly veggie too?), and basic picnic-type food. Menu suggestions would be fantastic, but until we get close, I'm not even going to worry about a list of who brings what.

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I can bring hotdogs, if this is still in Bryan park we can probably hijack one of the grills.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Hmm, no. I don't use public grills. Ick. [Big Grin]

I'm bringing the grill.

Raia
Member # 4700

I'm not picky. Whatever you guys want.

Megan, thanks so much for organizing this... if I were doing it, it would never happen! [Kiss]

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm :bump: is this still going to happen?
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Yes... nobody's told me otherwise!

I can't wait to see you all!

Allegra
Member # 6773

I am leaving for school this uncoming Monday. So it looks like I am going to have to see you all at the next one.
Raia
Member # 4700

What?! Already?? That's so early! I haven't seen you since I got back!!!

Wait, I saw you once. For like 20 minutes. But that doesn't count.

Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
*delurk*

Ummm... I might be able to come, but only if someone is going to be coming through Greencastle and is willing to pick me up. Anyone driving in that direction?

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I have 4-H demonstrations that day so won't be able to come. I hope you all have fun, and that everyone who wants to come can.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia, have you spoken to the Bernsteins already? Anything I should tell Rabbi Laufer? (If they know him from Brooklyn they might know him by the name "Nussie".)
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Yeah, still gonna happen. For those of you coming, volunteer to bring something! We need:

Meat
Veggie alternatives
Side dishes
Desserts

I will provide the grill, the cooking and eating utensils, plates, napkins, and cups. The food? You bring it! (Yes, you.)

Space Opera
Member # 6504

What time is this happening? My sister (who isn't able to visit often at all) is supposed to come down with her daughter that day and I'm trying to figure out if I can do both.

space opera

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
We're definites, and we'll bring foodstuffs, although I don't know what just yet. Might it be a good idea for us to post what we're bringing so we don't end up with an overabundance of desserts and no main courses?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Ooh, I volunteer to bring side dishes. I'll probably bring two.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
gah. I will not be attending, much as I would like to. I will be helping Don move out of our house and down to college. While it's been nice having him, it will be nice having the boxes gone too.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

quote:
What time is this happening? My sister (who isn't able to visit often at all) is supposed to come down with her daughter that day and I'm trying to figure out if I can do both.
We don't have an exact time yet, but I was thinking mid-afternoon-ish. Still, I'm fairly flexible. If you (or anyone else, for that matter) have a time that would work best, let us know. [Smile]
quote:
Might it be a good idea for us to post what we're bringing so we don't end up with an overabundance of desserts and no main courses?
Absolutely! I guess maybe that wasn't clear from my earlier post; when I say volunteer to bring something, I meant, post it here! [Smile]

I'll keep a tally, and nudge people in the direction of things that would be good, once we've got more volunteers.

So far:

Side dishes:
Raia (2)

[Frown] We'll miss having you here, AJ!

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, I couldn't help but read that in an unintended manner, Megan:

quote:
Side dishes:
Raia

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

o_O

Hey, no cannibalism, now! Besides, I don't think she'd fit on the grill I'm planning to buy. I'd have to buy a much bigger grill, and that's just not in my budget.

Raia
Member # 4700

O_O
Megan
Member # 5290

Bump to get people to decide what they're bringing.
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
oh wow, it is getting close, i should put in for that day off from work tomarrow.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Yes, you should!
Megan
Member # 5290

Alright, you guys, someone volunteer to bring the meat! Then, at the very least, we'll have a main course and two side dishes. Please?

Please?

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

I'll bring pork chops and chicken breasts. Now we have meat!
Megan
Member # 5290

Hooray! Meat! [Big Grin] Good on ya, Goody!

Ok, we've got meat, and two sides. Who calls veggie alternatives to meat and dessert?

Space Opera
Member # 6504

Thanks, Megan. I'll check with my sis and see what time she's planning on coming down/leaving.

If I'm not able to make it, I'll be making a specific trip to Bloomington to have lunch with all of you soon. I want to meet all the Bton Hatrackers before the baby comes and I'm not as mobile!

space opera

Raia
Member # 4700

How fabulous!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.