FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Aug. 13 Raia-con BBQ in Bloomington--Say what you're bringing! See p. 3! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Aug. 13 Raia-con BBQ in Bloomington--Say what you're bringing! See p. 3!
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
So, Raia is returning to Bloomington next week, and we (she and I) have decided that it would be fun to have a barbecue and gather all Bloomington hatrackers and other folks who can make the trip.

This could, of course, happen any time that's convenient in July (or even early August).

We could make it an informal weekend-type event, if lots of out-of-towners come, as well.

So post here, if you'd be interested in such an event, and let us know when good dates would be.

[ August 07, 2005, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm interested. [Wink]

Megan: [Kiss] Thanks for posting this!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm interested, but the only way I could make it is if it's on a Saturday and I happen to not get scheduled for work that day. In other words, don't count me in on the actual planning, but if it turns out I can make it, I will probably show up.
Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Ok...I think we're almost definitely aiming for a Saturday, since that'll cause the least grief in scheduling for most people.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Possible Saturday dates:

July 9
July 16
July 23
July 30
August 6
August 13

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm out july 16 through 30th (but not out of town, I'll be stuck finishing 4-H stuff, and practically living at fair.)

But the idea sounds wonderful, and if you convince me hard enough, I might be able to abbandon fair for a few hours to come hang out with you guys (this may require more than just raia and megan since I can see them as often as I'd like).

Do you have any idea's where, stuff like that (I'm getting too involved and I'll regret it, shuts up [Wink] )

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

I'm thinking we could do the Bryant Park thing that didn't happen when plaid was here. I'll get one of those spiffy portable grills (which I've been wanting to get anyway), and we could work out who brings what, etc., once we have a date and a tentative attendance list.
Raia
Member # 4700

Sounds fabulous!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Bryan Park is fabulous, and usually works if you pick your time right, but once we pick a date, someone should run by and look at the paper on the wall of the shelter house (it's usually up for a month), with the list of when it's rented, just to make sure, but there are at least two shelter houses (I think there could be three).

Also if you're buying the black round grill that's really flat, and fairly cheap, buy extra charcoal, the stuff they give you doesn't last long at all, but it's an ok grill, if you're looking at something else, ignore me.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

The one I saw at Lowe's was navy, but I'm not really looking for any specific grill. We just need a new grill, and a hatrack-con is as good excuse as any. [Big Grin]
Raia
Member # 4700

The 9th is complicated... and there's one more there that might be difficult, I'm just not sure which one it is yet. Either the 30th or the 6th. I have performances that day, whichever one it is.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

The 16th is the day after Harry Potter comes out, so many people could still be locked up reading the book. I will have had my 4-H cat show that morning and the leader probably will have pissed me off, so I may or may not be nice enough to be around hatrackers.
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't make it August 6th, but I'd love to attend any of the other days [Smile]
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to come but I can't make it the 16th, 23th, or the 30th(My Birthday!). I may not be able to make it the 13th either, but I will know for sure on that one later.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
*Wants to kidnap Raia and kep her in Jerusalem.*

Say hi to the Bernsteins from the Laufers and me!

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

ok we have no day that works for everyone, it either affects raia, stray, or allegra (I'm not counting myself because at this point, I'll be in town the whole time, just busy, though august could be bad)
Raia
Member # 4700

Really, the 9th is the only one that's really complicated for me... the others just because I have a show in the evening (I can't remember which of the two dates I mentioned is the show). If we do an afternoon thing, it shouldn't really be a problem. I'll get back to you on which day the show is actually on.

And Jonny, you're very sweet. Thanks. [Smile]

Megan
Member # 5290

Bump to see if anyone else from outside the Bloomington area is interested in coming. We can always do another day of the week, if we're only going to have Bloomington hatrackers (like a Friday afternoon or something).
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Once you guys pick a day, I might make the trip up - expenses allowing. If I don't pencil something in early, something always comes up to fill the void - usually work.

Getting out of town for a weekend sounds perfect.

Of course, hanging out with Megan and meeting the teenyboppers that constitute the Indiana clump could be fun too. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

Someone should email Space Opera, since she has limited computer access last I heard, and draw her attention to this thread.

Hmm...I am someone...

:goes to do it:

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
With any luck we won't have another family conflict like last summer... I'll keep an eye on the thread!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

If we schedule it in early August that would give the people from out of town time to plan. It would also give me time to get back from Europe.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Shani and I both have a show the last weekend in July, the 6th is clear.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Man. If Idaho wasn't so far away...
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be here till september I think. I can't do the 23rd though, I have to go meet my mom's boyfriend and his family (*rolls eyes*), so I'll be out of town. Other than that I think I can do any of those. And I can bring a frisbee [Big Grin]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
I can make it most days that aren't friday or sunday, and even some days that are.
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

So, we seem to be liking either the 6th or the 13th of August, though we'll lose Stray if we go with the 6th.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

August is best for me, my conflict seems to have cleared up (I didn't get the job at state fair [Frown] ) But I still could go out of town for a week or so.
Raia
Member # 4700

*getting excited about this*
Stray
Member # 4056

August 13th, please please please? *bats eyelashes* I really, really want to go to this, but I'm already locked into going to my friends' wedding the weekend of the 6th.

*crosses fingers and hopes*

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
13th is fine by me.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

13th may ok for me it all depends on what I find out on the 8th of July.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

13th so far works for me, and i can try to make it work, but I'm not giving up Florida for this.
Megan
Member # 5290

Ok, so, we'll tentatively say August 13, then. [Smile]
TMedina
Member # 6649

Oooooh, the 13th...and I have five whole days of vacation burning a hole in my pocket...

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

sounds good, you might change the title to show that.
Raia
Member # 4700

The 13th works for me too! Yay!
Grisha
Member # 6871

I can probably make the thirteenth, especially if i am in bloomington that day already.
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Pencilling this into my calendar, I don't have anything else going on so far...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
How nice of y'all to have a party on my birthday! Ivygirl's, too. [Smile] Have fun!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Awww! I wish you could come, we'd all celebrate for you. [Smile]
Megan
Member # 5290

We'll grill ears of corn and onions in your names. [Big Grin]
Grisha
Member # 6871

I'll push some one around in shopping cart in your honor [Wink]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Hmm, must arrange a trip to somewhere with big shopping carts!
Grisha
Member # 6871

Sam's has big shopping carts
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

that's exactly what I was thinking!
Raia
Member # 4700

Haha!
Megan
Member # 5290

And here I thought we were just having a barbecue. [Big Grin]
TMedina
Member # 6649

We are.

The question becomes, "what are we roasting?"

-Trevor

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

but there have to be pictures of people in shopping carts for ElJay!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.