FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Aug. 13 Raia-con BBQ in Bloomington--Say what you're bringing! See p. 3! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Aug. 13 Raia-con BBQ in Bloomington--Say what you're bringing! See p. 3!
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, people who are coming to this shindig, which is less than a week away now!

Raia
Megan
imenimok (maybe)
Stray
Goody Scrivener and goodlets
Alcon
Grisha (maybe)
fugu
Space Opera and Mr. Opera (maybe)
JT Stryker

If you're on this list and shouldn't be, let me know. If you're NOT on this list and should be, let me know. Most of all, if you're on this list, and you're anyone but me, Goody, or Raia, SAY WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO BE BRINGING! [Smile]

We still need:

Veggie meat alternatives
Other meats
Side dishes
Desserts

Claim one of these, even if it's only to say, "Hey, I'll bring a bag of chips!"

Don't make me start emailing you individually now!

[ August 07, 2005, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think blacwolve is coming.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Ok, good to know. I'll fix the list. [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

*bump*
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Xnera is checking her calendar. She's been away long enough that she didn't realize that there was a get-together until I mentioned it to her yesterday. If she is coming, she'll be riding with the Goodlets and me. And that may dictate our timing; my original thought was to drive out one day and come home the next, possibly taking advantage of Megan's offer of the guest room. (btw Megan, kids are 8 and 12, and they typically love dogs)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
*looks at feet in shame*

Ummm... take me off the list. I have to work up in Indy that day (from about 8 am till about 3am on the 14th)....

I hope you all have fun...

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
evil nasty double shifts.... What do you do, JT?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a theatrical rigger.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Ok, nobody else is allowed to bow out of this... you're coming whether you like it or not. [Razz]

Btw, anyone mind if I bring my dog along? She's a very sweet, good-natured, golden retriever/spaniel mix. She's almost 7 years old and her name is Tallulah.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I swear I will see Raia and Tallulah at some point this summer, I promise.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't get out of working that day, but should be done by 2pm bloomington time, so maybe i could make part of the festivities.

Also Tallulah is very sweet, though she try to lick one of my hands to death last time i saw her.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Marek, I'm sure my children - especially the 8 year old - will gladly sacrifice themselves to save your hands =)
Megan
Member # 5290

Goody, you're still welcome to stay with me, if you still need a place to stay. One of the dogs, at least, is quite large, and hasn't been around children at all, but at 8 and 12, they should be ok (I hope). I have a futon in the guest room that serves as a bed, plus floor space, and another couch in my office that one of you guys could sleep on, if so inclined. I will warn you about one thing, though: I'm probably in the running for one of the worst housekeepers ever. I'll do my best to tidy up before y'all get here, though. [Big Grin]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Megan, I bet my apartment is worse! Remember, I have the little ones! [Smile]

As soon as I hear from Karen regarding her schedule, I'll let you know what our collective plans are so we can firm up times, etc. And a futon and floor space is more than enough, the kids have sleeping bags that they love to use!

Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there [Smile] I'll bring a tray of veggies and dip.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like I'm out. Sis is coming in the afternoon, and there's not enough time to do both. [Frown]

I'm *supposed* to be coming up in that direction the weekend of the 26th in order to have dinner with friends. If that happens, I'll be staying overnight and driving back the next day and could stop in Bloomington for lunch - if anyone would be up for it. [Smile] Hopefully I'll be hearing back from my friends in the next day or so and then I'll let you all know.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Noooo! I'll already be gone!! SO, where are you coming from? I'll be in Greencastle, about an hour away... maybe I can make it to Bloomington that day. I can't believe I'd miss you AGAIN.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn. [Frown] I'll be coming from the southern Indiana/Louisville area - we're about 40 minutes away from the city.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been neglecting this thread. I won't be able to make it. I am working. You guys have fun, though.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Nooo! [Frown]
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia - what are you going to be doing in Greencastle? And for how long? I live in Greencastle.

We should meet up and go to Walmart or something. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

please forgive me for not reading the whole thread, but where is this, and what time of day?

also, Goody, I'm glad your kids are willing to protect my hands from Raia's puppy.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

It's in Bryan Park, but I'm not sure which shelter or what time.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw your post about not bowing out, Raia. I'm sorry. [Smile] I'll try to make the next one.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

You live in Greencastle?! I'm going to school there! I start DePauw on the 20th!

(edit: Stray, that's ok! [Smile] I was semi-joking.)

Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia - that's awesome! I'm a junior at DePauw.
Email or IM me sometime (profile) about your classes and where you're living and everything!

I'll be helping out with international oriantation, which starts next weekend, although I'm not a mentor for the first-years. If you want help moving into your dorm on the 20th, just ask. I should be done with my research by then, so I'll just be lazing around the campus (and moving into my apartment, I suppose).

This is great! Another Hatracker at DePauw. [Smile]

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Megan, I'm sending you email regarding tomorrow night. Address, directions, what I should bring to contribute to Saturday breakfast (and I won't take no for an answer on that one!). Oh, and my cell phone number, too.

I will NOT have computer access tonight when I leave work until tomorrow when I get back to the office. There was a substation fire yesterday that knocked out somewhere upwards of 30,000 customers (depending on whose story you believe) and according to one news site, there are still about 11K in the dark as of about noon today, including one of my down-the-street neighbors who was quoted as saying that ComEd told her that our service won't be restored until sometime on Friday. Not happy here. I hope my food survives...

oops, sidetracked there...

Anyway, since I have no electricity (and this same fire seems to have severely hampered both cable and Dish Network service in a much larger area so my mom has no internet either), my only surfing and mail access is from the office. So I won't be able to reply till tomorrow morning.

Stray
Member # 4056

What time are we doing this again? Was it ever actually decided? I've been assuming it will be early afternoon, but it would be good to know a specific hour (and location).
Megan
Member # 5290

We never decided a time; I suggest 2 PM. Any objections?

As for location...I was thinking the north end of Bryant Park?

Megan
Member # 5290

Hearing no objections...going once...going twice...

Oh, and all you people who haven't claimed a food item to bring--you better show up with something, or I'll sic Raia on you. [Big Grin]

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

quote:
or I'll sic Raia on you
That is like threatening to make them hold a puppy... it only scares small children...
Megan
Member # 5290

JT, you, I'll beat up myself. How bout that? [Wink]
Marek
Member # 5404

If i make it, i will bring something, if not...
Raia
Member # 4700

*giggle* Tyler, you doubt my abilities to frighten people? [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt your ability to frighten people!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

You know, you're really not helping raise my authority level any higher, Imale dearest. [Razz]
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia, face it. You just aren't scary. You're too sweet [Razz]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

I think Raia could be scary, if pressed.

And I hearby decree that this shindig will begin at 2 PM in the north section of Bryant Park. Look for me with a grill, Goody, and the two goodlets in tow. [Big Grin]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raia:
You know, you're really not helping raise my authority level any higher, Imale dearest. [Razz]

*pat pat* True authority shouldn't require the ability to inspire fear. Or at least you'd better hope it doesn't . . . [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*bumpity*

I'm not sure what I'll bring, yet, but I'll bring something.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I can bring a frisbee disc... and that about it I'm afriad [Frown] I'm on my own again this week and there is little to be had food wise in this house.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

I'm bringing some drinks in addition to the veggies & dip, but they're not exactly cold. If someone were to bring a cooler with ice, or plastic cups and ice, that would be most helpful.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Daniel, you need to find yourself a source of income [Razz]
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

i wish i could have made it, i had to work late.
Megan
Member # 5290

Raia-con was fun! People played frisbee and Apples to Apples, and we all sweated tons and tons. The Goodlets were declared real on the condition that they make screen names one day. Many things fit for the OOC thread were said. [Big Grin]

SO, the 26th is a Friday, right? Let us know when things are confirmed, and we'll set up a time and place to wine and dine you. [Smile]

Raia
Member # 4700

It WAS fun! Thanks to all involved! [Smile]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

The Goodlets are still wiped out. We hit a nasty storm almost the instant we got back on 37 (well, actually a bit before) that stayed with us all the way to 465. Seems we decided to tear down JUST in time!

It was great meeting everyone! Apples to Apples was fun - especailly that last game <kicks fugu from under the table....> And I think I'll be sprouting feathers soon since we'll be eating chicken for days and days.

Megan
Member # 5290

Yeah, I was thinking about you guys last night; I'm glad you guys made it back ok. It got REALLY nasty here for a while.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

We drove about 30 mph through that and silently swore at the idiots doing significantly more than that. I had as much trouble seeing behind me as ahead, so I never saw them coming at me. There were LOTS of people pulled off to the side, and if it had been any worse, we would have joined them.

Oh, and now it's a whopping 75 degrees here at home. Wouldn't it just figure? LOL

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Goody we must have met you on 37, we drove into it about martinsville, but called my dad and he said it wasn't raining in bloomington yet.

Glad you all had fun.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.