FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm trying to picture you all in your underwear... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I'm trying to picture you all in your underwear...
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. I'm incredibly nervous too. I get migraines if I post in too many controversal threads at a time.

Of course, I'm young, and my frontal lobes haven't yet fully developed, so I still keep posting.

Such is life.

Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the 'rack!

Orange striped boxers and a pink br- ... nevermind.

edit:
quote:
I'm trying to picture y'all in your underwear...
For some reason I can't read it any other way.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!

I'm wearing very boring underwear today (ummm... like always) so don't get into a tizzy trying to picture me.

Besides, I'm all out of eye-bleach.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. [Smile]

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine are teal.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy!

My bra might be a demure nude, but my panties have polka dots in four different colors. Woo hoo!

I usually find myself with similar internal contradictions. I blame it on being a Pisces, even though I think all that astrology stuff is bunk.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

- posted      Profile for landybraine   Email landybraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Vonk, I'm from New Orleans, but live in Michigan..so "you all" seemed like an appropriate balance........but I really say "Y'all" and I'm glad you read it that way.

Tom, thanks! I look forward to talking with you.

Everyone else...Nice to meet you! I feel much better already.

Now, if I could only figure out how to do quotes.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by landybraine:

Now, if I could only figure out how to do quotes.

if you hit the quote button above someone's post it will quote their whole entire post, and put their name on top. That's what i did above, and just removed all the text I didn't want to show up.

another way, if you just want to quote a bit of someone's post put whatever you want to quote within these tags:

[QU0TE]...........[/QU0TE] I used zeros instead of "Os" so you could see it, also lowercase is fine as well.

Or even better, if you use firefox, there's a "paste quote" addon where anytime you copy a bit of text, instead of just pasting it, it gives you the option to "paste quote" and it'll paste the text within the above quote tags.

welcome to Hatrack. [Smile]

[ September 14, 2007, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Noemon: Sorry I totally spaced there.

I was just playing around, BlackBlade; I figured you had just missed that line of her post.
No see I HAD read that part and promptly forgot it as I wrote my reply, so idiocy definitely came into play on my part, no avoiding it.

In other news, Hatrack has been specifically forbidden by my supervisor. If I access anything internet related even if it's job related while at work it is grounds for instant termination. [Frown]

I personally think its ridiculous (bordering on redonkulous) that no internet is allowed at work, several of us use it to ensure accuracy when we do our job. Our supervisors response? "Our company has been around for over 100 years without the internet, we don't need it."

Wow we've been around over a hundred years without computers, electricity, machinery, and over 50 years without women in this specific industry. Should we get rid of those useless things too? When is the cut off time?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, I must install that firefox extension.

--

Welcome to postinghood, landybraine!

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Sorry to hear that, BlackBlade. If your company is forbidding all internet access by employees, why don't they just set the firewall to block all outbound http traffic?

[Edit-or is it only your department that is no longer alowed to get online?]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[Frown] Sorry to hear that, BlackBlade. If your company is forbidding all internet access by employees, why don't they just set the firewall to block all outbound http traffic?

[Edit-or is it only your department that is no longer alowed to get online?]

They use the internet for alot of things, transferring files, email, etc. Our daily production warning is a website that automatically loads up when we login. All of that makes the statement all the more ridiculous. As editors some of us were using sites such as google or wikipedia to ensure that when we sent information to a client it was accurate. We even used the internet to increase the amount of information we were sending clients. The supervisor was basically saying that using the internet in that way cuts down on how fast we can do our job every hour and hence it's a problem.

It bothers me that her mentality is, "Quantity before quality," and, "The old way has worked so far we don't need additions to it." In a company the only recently employed computers and the internet in it's methodology makes it all the more moronic.

But our supervisor is an older person and as such I imagine she prescribes to the mindset, "Just do what you are told to to the letter, that's the definition of a good worker."

The ironic thing was very soon after she said that, I had to edit a newspaper article about older generations managing Gen X, and Y folks and the different mind sets each group has. The article wasn't anything ground breaking, but I'm sure my supervisor would do well to have read the article.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, landybraine!

Yeah, I was going to say I don't talk about my underwear, but then I realized that yes, in fact, I do, and have, quite extensively discussed it in the infamous long bra thread. So I can't go with that.

So I think I'll say nothing at all. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know, I have absolutely no idea what color of underwear I have on.

::checks::

Grey.

Maybe you should try washing them more frequently.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

- posted      Profile for landybraine   Email landybraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel it's only appropriate that I disclose my underwear, since all of you have been so open:

I am currently wearing Transformers underoos. I mentioned to my son how cool his underwear were and how I wish I had some (only to get him to put them on! He's kind of a naked baby.), so he promptly got a pair of my white undies and drew Optimus Prime on them! I feel cool.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My underwear is boring. And the same every day. And probably the same as several other people here.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
My underwear is boring. And the same every day. And probably the same as several other people here.

I kept trying to come up with a good way to say the exact same thing. [Wink]
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! Optimus Prime!

Funny story my older boy told us that happened at the bus stop this week:

One of the girls took off one of her shirts - she was dressed in layers and it must've been too warm. One of the boys waiting with her picked it up and put it on over his shirt and shouted, "Look at me! I'm a transformer!"

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

Yes, yes, I've seen your underwear. *leers insultingly*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Green Boxers that I should really throw away in favor of newer, more comfortable ones.

But more to the point, Welcome to Hatrack!

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Where about in MI do you live? I grew up in Utica, and my parents live half the year near Traverse City....

Welcome!

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

That just doesn't seem very sanitary...
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! I've been here just about forever but as you can see by my very small post count I lurk far more than I post! This is a great place as I'm sure you are figuring out [Smile]
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

rollainm: [ROFL]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome fellow Michigander!

I thought it was ladybrain too. Then again I got Lyrhawk a lot for the first few months I was on here.

I'll echo Kwea and ask where in Michigan you're at? I'm in Metro Detroit, along with a couple other rackers (though sadly, precious few of us!). Anywho, welcome aboard, I look forward to chatting with you.

Oh, and for being from Michigan, here is your welcome basket!

Tried to make it better, but some Michigan things aren't easy to find pictures of, sorry! [Smile]

[ September 15, 2007, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Plaid flannel all the way, baby.

Welcome to Hatrack! [Smile] Well, to posting, anyway. [Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I also had to check.

Pale green. The odd thing is, if you had asked me before I checked, i would have sworn I didn't have any pale green underwear.

Hmmmm.

Ok, who's been switching my underwear?

(Oh, and welcome. ladybraine! [Smile] )

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just so no one thinks I'm some Harry Potter hating kitty-eater...The seventh book came out on my birthday, and I was one of the first in line with a big dopey grin on my face. And I have two big, fat kitties who have yet to be eaten. (Although, they are plump enough!)

::Eyes kitty::

Let them have kittens. Kittens are yummier.

Or so I have heard..... [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
quote:
Just so no one thinks I'm some Harry Potter hating kitty-eater...The seventh book came out on my birthday, and I was one of the first in line with a big dopey grin on my face. And I have two big, fat kitties who have yet to be eaten. (Although, they are plump enough!)

::Eyes kitty::

Let them have kittens. Kittens are yummier.

Or so I have heard..... [Wink]

For some reason I read that in the same vein as "Let them eat cake."

Certainly puts a new spin on the French Revolution.

Let them eat kittens!

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
Maybe this image will help.

Hobbes [Smile]

I was expecting a picture of a tiger. Now I'm all disappointed.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Before, I thought I knew everything. Now, I know that's not true
That happens to a LOT of us here! [Wink]

plain cotton, white. I'm a very simple gal.

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Landy (Brandy)

Are you aware of the fact that if you type your username into Google it comes right up with your MySpace page?

Don't know if you wanted to remain more anonymous than that, or not. But thought I'd better give you a heads up.

(I only typed it into Google to see if it was referring to some book or movie character that I wasn't familiar with)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

Farmgirl...thank you so much! I guess it's not that big of a deal...but I guess I should have thought of that before I made my username.
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
This reminds me of the Brady Bunch episode where Marcia is taking her driving test and the tester pictures her in her underwear.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grammargoddess
Member # 10828

- posted      Profile for grammargoddess   Email grammargoddess         Edit/Delete Post 
Did someone say grammar??? j/k

Welcome from me, too, although I'm more of a lurker/popper-in-er than anything like a regular.

I am a mom though! 3 kids 5 and under and one on the way, so I know all about the lack of privacy. If there's unwrapped soap bars and toilet paper unrolled all over the floor, you can tell I got a shower that day (my kids like to keep busy while they're waiting).

Oh and I'm mormon, so I'm not mentioning my underwear.
(except I just did)

Posts: 31 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

- posted      Profile for Ivygirl1937   Email Ivygirl1937         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I've always been partial to bright green.

However, my underwear is just white today...boring. Oh well. Welcome landybraine!! As many of the wise old posters have said, the best thing to do is jump in head-first and post. It's great fun; people make fun of you, correct you, and otherwise make you feel like an idiot.

Just kidding.

Posts: 52 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, first we have an A/S/L thread and now we're all telling what underwear we're wearing. Is this hatrack or did I accidentally log into the wrong forum? [Wink]

Welcome, landybraine! I can't imagine lurking for six years before posting! It is weird to think of people who know all about me and whom I probably annoy to no end, and whom I don't even know about! Makes me feel all exposed, like I'm sitting in my underwear. [Smile]

But I'm glad we have a chance to get to know you now too! Hail and well met indeed! [Smile]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Welcome aboard. That was a lovely introduction, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

You will have to leave my undergarments to your imagination, since I have no intention of describing them here.

It's just not that kind of website. [Wink]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Come now, we have lots of options- silk, mesh, cotton.
To make my underwear even more boring, I have only been able to find one style/color of bra in my size since I started nursing (well, under $50).

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

- posted      Profile for Ivygirl1937   Email Ivygirl1937         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:

Apparently, yes, it is. [Razz]
Posts: 52 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onanism Thread
Member # 8525

- posted      Profile for Onanism Thread           Edit/Delete Post 
landybraine is the most brilliant newbie ever. Who else has ever come here and with their first thread gotten so many regulars to describe their underwear? Brilliant, I tell you.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

Onanism Thread <---- [ROFL]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Originally posted by scholar:
quote:
quote:
quote:

To make my underwear even more boring, I have only been able to find one style/color of bra in my size since I started nursing (well, under $50).

Nah, I've literally seen his underwear. Ask rivka about it. [Razz]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by scholar:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I prefer a hybrid personally. 20% silk for that sheer, fancy feeling. 30% flannel for warmth, 40% goretex so it breathes and in case it rains. And 10% lycra for comfort.

It's an undergarment for all occasions. Alternatively, for an activeware version you replace the 20% silk with 20% Under Armour.

Of course, not having won the lottery, I wear those cheap boxers you get at Costco, in a pinstripe pattern I believe.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Lyr, are we talking about the same thing? [Confused]
ElJay
Member # 6358

You do know that flannel is a type of fabric, not a fiber, right? Most flannel in the US is made out of cotton now, although originally it was made of wool. The term refers to the weaving and napping process.

So your dream fabric doesn't make sense. You could make flannel out of silk and goretex, but you can't make a blend of silk and flannel. Or anything and flannel. It's like satin can be made out of silk, rayon, polyester, or a combination or all three, but you can't make a blend of silk and satin.

Nothing like ruining the joke with over analysis, eh?

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

kq, no, you and Lyr are not talking about the same thing.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ivygirl1937:
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:

Apparently, yes, it is. [Razz]
I stand corrected.

But I'm still not going to describe my intimate apparel with you. So there!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

quote:
I prefer a hybrid personally. 20% silk for that sheer, fancy feeling. 30% flannel for warmth, 40% goretex so it breathes and in case it rains. And 10% lycra for comfort.

[ROFL] Always be prepared, that's my motto!

To Kwea and Lyr: I live and love in Ann Arbor, MI. Probably one of the best places I've ever lived (minus the snow!).

And to everyone else who has welcomed me, corrected me, or otherwise made my first post officially awesome -- I say thankee!

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
You do know that flannel is a type of fabric, not a fiber, right? Most flannel in the US is made out of cotton now, although originally it was made of wool. The term refers to the weaving and napping process.

So your dream fabric doesn't make sense. You could make flannel out of silk and goretex, but you can't make a blend of silk and flannel. Or anything and flannel. It's like satin can be made out of silk, rayon, polyester, or a combination or all three, but you can't make a blend of silk and satin.

Nothing like ruining the joke with over analysis, eh?

You ruined my dream underwear with knowledge! [Cry]
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.