FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm trying to picture you all in your underwear... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I'm trying to picture you all in your underwear...
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Onanism Thread:
landybraine is the most brilliant newbie ever. Who else has ever come here and with their first thread gotten so many regulars to describe their underwear? Brilliant, I tell you.

Well, she has had six years to think about it.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

- posted      Profile for landybraine   Email landybraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:

Just to clear the air, I promise that I don't have everyone's posts catagorized and listed for my crazy lurking purposes. I haven't memorized everyones likes, dislikes, favorite color, what kind of underwear you wear or anything of the sort. (Except for you, TomDavidson...I've got my eye on you. [Wink] )
Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Just as well. We wouldn't want poor breyerchic to be out of a job.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Hah! I was going to say that, Mel!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Boring white briefs.
Welcome to the forum landybraine! [Wave]

[ September 17, 2007, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I got pied and eaten when I first posted my intro here, 7 years ago. But those people aren't around anymore.

Is anyone here qualified to eat the noob?

And welcome to the posting side of Hatrack, landybraine. You can check out anytime you want....

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by landybraine:
If there are any Hatrackers out there who would like to hold my hand a bit, it would be greatly appreciated.

You did great so far! We're all with you. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

- posted      Profile for landybraine   Email landybraine         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Tatiana))) I'm in a hugging mood today. [Big Grin]
Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I seem to be wearing gray boxer-briefs and a black A-shirt today.

Welcome out of lurkerdom. Though I'm not sure I qualify as a non-lurker myself, as I usually get some form of mild surprise (perhaps that I'm still alive, not sure on that score), when I stick my head up to look around. Seems like you'll fit in well here.

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onanism Thread
Member # 8525

- posted      Profile for Onanism Thread           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
Originally posted by Onanism Thread:
landybraine is the most brilliant newbie ever. Who else has ever come here and with their first thread gotten so many regulars to describe their underwear? Brilliant, I tell you.

Clearly she's been biding her time until the perfect moment to unleash her master stroke. It's a climax to her lurkerdom that's been a long time coming.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*chokes over "master stroke"*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

::Preens::
I did have six years to think about it. [Razz]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
*chokes over "master stroke"*

Now, now, choking is my domain.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
* snorts over the combination of " master stroke" and "choking".
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

Isn't this a family forum? [Wink]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, get a grip on yourselves.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Sure, but you know from your years of lurking that we can't resist the opportunity to pun. And when the puns can be off color? Look out.

What about you, landy? You strike me as someone who could hold their own when threads take this kind of turn.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

Sure, sure...but I keep it klean for the kiddies.

I thoroughly enjoyed the "master stroke" accompanied by the "choke" comments, but hey, I'm new here. No need to buck the system.

Tatiana
Member # 6776

<<<<hugs landy back>>>>
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, landy and welcome. [Smile]

That was a pretty funny intro thread. I couldn't imagine why anyone was posting that they were picturing us in our underwear. [Razz]

...which, actually, was the main reason I opened the thread. [Wink]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

That's what I was hoping for. My main fear was that people would just gloss over my post... six years of getting prepared down the tube! [Angst]
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Late to the party, but pink on the bottom and white on the top, both of mundane design. It'd maybe be more exciting, but I worked the night shift last week, so it's been a lazy sort of day today. [Smile]

Welcome to Hatrack!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Hullooo.

I have no fear of posting, just nothing interesting to say.

BTW, today = hessian.

[Wink]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, great first topic, landy. Welcome to the 'rack. May your time here be filled with outlandish comments and off-color jokes.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! [Smile]

::checks underwear::

Brown.

[Wink]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Happy Camper:
Though I'm not sure I qualify as a non-lurker myself, as I usually get some form of mild surprise (perhaps that I'm still alive, not sure on that score), when I stick my head up to look around.

[Eek!]

Sorry. Had to. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't worn underwear in this millenium, just in case anyone was wondering if I was even slightly normal.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
Welcome! [Smile]

::checks underwear::

Brown.

[Wink]

Ew, Icarus. Just ew. [Wink]
steven
Member # 8099

I think we could use a few more underwear threads. Me especially, 'cause I never wear any.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Hey steven, what kind of underwear do you wear?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

I wear the Emperor's new underwear.

You can't see it.

Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi landybraine, and welcome! I'm really glad that your first post didn't actually say "so what kind of underwear do you have on?" and therefore I can post here w/o feeling like I'm ignoring your question.

As for the kittens, certain regular jatraqueros eat babies, so I don't know that you'd have too much to worry about there. Now Harry Potter spoiling, on the other hand (or any other kind of unmarked spoilering) . . . that I'd be careful about. [Wink]

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

If you really want to make a splash, you should delete this thread now.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I don't think the splash of her own blood hitting the ground is the sort of splash she had in mind. [Smile]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

I think enough blood has been spilled because of deleting threads, so I'll stay out of that one, thank you very much! [Wink]
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Delete it! ^_^
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

- posted      Profile for Ivygirl1937   Email Ivygirl1937         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus and Phanto, you're both such bad influences! [Razz]
Posts: 52 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onanism Thread
Member # 8525

- posted      Profile for Onanism Thread           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this underwear thread had been put to bed, but back to the first page it keeps popping up and it's getting hard to deal with.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Moi? Mais, non!
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

- posted      Profile for Ivygirl1937   Email Ivygirl1937         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you are. Don't lie. You're a horrible influence on newbies.
Posts: 52 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

I wonder if a six year lurker could be in any sense called a newbie?
landybraine
Member # 10807

I would say I feel like a newbie. I think the only thing I've learned from being a long-time lurker is the flow of the conversation. I've also brushed up on my writing, which is essential to being accepted on Hatrack. And rightly so. I think that's what makes this forum so great is the level of writing, and the thought that is put into it.

However, my little brother tried twice to post on Hatrack, and was not recieved well. Mainly, he was considered rude for not spelling properly, or taking time to make sure his grammar was ok. I told him to do what I did. Take your time, get the lay of the land. Learn the unspoken "rules", and then when your more confident, try again. I'm glad I waited. I'm still the same person, with the same ideas, just more confident about posting them.

Tatiana
Member # 6776

[Frown] Tell your little brother I, for one, would love to read his posts. I'm sorry that he felt unwelcome here. Ideas trump grammar and spelling any day of the week.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
However, my little brother tried twice to post on Hatrack, and was not recieved well. Mainly, he was considered rude for not spelling properly, or taking time to make sure his grammar was ok. I told him to do what I did. Take your time, get the lay of the land. Learn the unspoken "rules", and then when your more confident, try again. I'm glad I waited. I'm still the same person, with the same ideas, just more confident about posting them.
Yipes, I've never thought of Hatrack as a particularly insular or judgemental crowd, but then I've never really been on the receiving end of the scorn we might sometimes dish out, no matter how well intentioned it might be.

I think ultimately as long as a post is readable and the content is good we'd give the poster the benefit of the doubt, at least I'd like to think so.

Still, I find landy's statement troubling.

Noemon
Member # 1115

Landy, you really don't feel like a newbie, at least to me. I'm not sure if that's an artifact of my knowledge that you've been around for the better part of the time that I have, and are likely to know many of the in-jokes and much of the history that I do, or if it's a result of your comfortability with the conversation's flow, as you put it. Either way, though, it feels like you've been here a long time.

I'm sorry that your brother wasn't better received. We do value grammar and spelling around here, and I think that that's a positive thing, generally, but we can definitely be a bit harsher than is necessary when people post without consideration for either. I've certainly been guilty of that, I think.

landybraine
Member # 10807

I actually think it was a learning experience for my brother. He is a very smart young man (he's 16), with a mature thought process, but he has to learn that to have his ideas come across as intelligent, he's got to present them in an intelligent way. He understood what I meant, and tried to start his own forum with his friends as a way to practice that. Alas, his friends thought it was better to take over his forum with fart jokes. [Mad]

For a while there, he was wanting to write a book. Hatrack was a wake up call for him that he needs to work on his writing. So now he's taking writing as an extracurricular class at school. He's getting better and has not given up, which I think is awesome.

You guys have been great to me, and one day, I imagine it will be a family affair. [Smile]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
...and NaNoWriMo starts in just over a month! He can join us! [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

NaNoWriMo?
quidscribis
Member # 5124

quote:
but we can definitely be a bit harsher than is necessary when people post without consideration for either.
This, I quite agree with.

I've run across posts that were so riddles with grammatical errors & spelling mistakes that they were impossible to understand. Those ones, I have no problem with asking for cleanup or clarification. Posts with occasional typos or some mistakes but are still easily understandable are, IMNSHO, perfectly fine.

Given that we don't know your brother's userID (and no, I'm not asking or fishing for info), there's no way to tell what the case was with his. I'm sorry he had a bad experience. [Frown]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

NaNoWriMo.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.