FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Facial beauty (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Facial beauty
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
hang on, fugu. who's the "self" that you are refering to in "self-published"? I sure as shizzle didn't publish it. Neither did Price, Pottenger, Royal Lee, Carey Reams, William Albrecht, or any of the other nutrition greats that they studied. Various people, including quite a few MDs, have put it all together over the years.

fugu, what's your objection? You're practically laughing, and I want to know why. I get the feeling you haven't even studied the posts I've made.

I think it's worth noting that Beverly is quite convinced after doing some reading on the subject. Is she stupid or crazy?

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I am convinced enough to change the way I eat. But I also understand their objections.

They understand that you have evidence, but evidence is not the same as proof. Evidence is not the same as science. Many who are arguing against you actually agree that some of Price's conclusions are correct--inasmuch as they agree with the research of multiple objective studies. And no one is denying that he has evidence. But evidence can be used to deceive and cover truth as well as to expose it.

His methods might be enough to convince someone to change the way they eat, but that is not the exact same thing as good science. A lot of my eating changes are a matter of faith rather than certainty.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Self-published means an individual or a group has a 'journal' they publish their own research in, without doing anonymous field-wide peer review. Such as the journal on the site you link.

If you don't know my objection, you haven't been reading my posts [Smile] .

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Well since we're (edit: well we were when I started writing this [Wink] ) on Men With Beautiful Faces... I'll put in my say. And here is where it becomes completely obvious I have a thing for awesomely dark and large eyebrows and wide smiles.

Lorne Greene,

Sean Connery now and then,

Keb' Mo',

Samuel Beckett,

and above all,

Patrick Stewart.

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh... I forgot Peter Lorre!

I love people with sculptural-y faces [Smile]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
"New light on the control of dental caries and the degenerative diseases." Journal of the American Dental Association, 18;1889, 1931.

"Control of dental caries and some associated degenerative process through reinforcement of diet with special activators." J.A.D.A., 19:1339, August 1932.

"Calcium and phosphorus utilization in health and disease, 1. Role of activators in calcium and phosphorus metabolism (Domin. D.J., 41:315, October 1929). 2. Nature and source of calcium and phosphorus actvators.". (Domin. D.J., 41:351, November 1929).

"Seasonal variations in butter-fat vitamins and their relation to seasonal morbidity, including dental caries and disturbed calcification." J.A.D.A., 17:850-873, May, 1930.

Here you can get a bibliography with over 150 articles of Dr. Price's. It costs a little for printing and shipping.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.