FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Facial beauty (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Facial beauty
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
What woman (someone whose photo is available on the Internet, of course) do you think has the most beautiful face, irrespective of anything else about her? (Women in paintings etc. don't count.)

I'm just wondering what people will say---I can't really separate a woman's face from the rest of her body.

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always had a thing for Jewel:

http://www.jewel-kilcher.com/jewel.jpg

Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I have girl crushes on Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angelina Jolie. Also, Anne Hathaway is so beautiful it's almost unreal - she looks like a cartoon Disney princess come to life.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
I have girl crushes on Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angelina Jolie. Also, Anne Hathaway is so beautiful it's almost unreal - she looks like a cartoon Disney princess come to life.

Sometimes I wonder if I am the only person (male and female) on Earth that doesn't find Jolie the least bit attractive.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard to think of the most beautiful face, but I do really like Audrey Hepburn.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mig
Member # 9284

- posted      Profile for Mig   Email Mig         Edit/Delete Post 
Its a toss up for me between Reiko Aylesworth of 24 Morena Baccarin of Firefly fame. Morena is my pick for the lead in Wonder Woman.

For Morena:
http://www.morena-baccarin.com/fireflypages/firefly2.html

For Reiko:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0043855/

Posts: 407 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sometimes I wonder if I am the only person (male and female) on Earth that doesn't find Jolie the least bit attractive.
Nope. I agree with kat about Anne Hathaway -- she looks like a real life Belle.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have girl crushes on Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angelina Jolie.
I find that really funny because I'm told a lot that I look like those two [Smile] It's not really true and no, I don't have those weird lips but ever since I was little people would tell me I looked like 'em.

Edited to add: I have to admit, I think Jolie is really pretty.

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Helen Slater.
Kate Beckinsale.

And it's weird... I had crushes on Jodie Foster and Kristy McNichol, but I wouldn't put them on this list. It's their behavior more than the beauty of their faces, I think. Helen Slater has both. Kate Beckinsale, it's just her face.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I've long been haunted by Robin Wright's beauty in The Princess Bride.

But my favorite female face is that of Mimi Rogers, and it has as much to do with the intelligence and animation in her eyes as with her bone structure. I love her crooked grin. [Smile]

-----

Edited to add: No worries, MyrddinFyre. If I hadn't caught it, I'd have wanted to be told about it. Thanks!

[ June 22, 2006, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Hmm, your links are a little problematic, you might need to especially fix Mimi Rogers [Smile]

edit: oh, I see you're fixing it, never mind!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Liv Tyler is possibly one of the most beautiful human beings on the planet, me. Ethereal.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a lot of difficulty deciding between awesomely cute and regally beautiful when it comes to faces.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Oh! Oh! Let me be the first to throw Natalie Portman into the mix!
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
General first responses include:
Audrey Hepburn
Liv Tyler
Jennifer Garner
Keira Knightley
Nichole Kidman

Others that I also think have beautiful faces, though perhaps not my initial response

Uma Thurman (not your typical features, but still stunning)
Jessica Alba
Alysson Hannigan

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Jewel Stait and Alexis Bledel.
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
This lady (in every sense of the word) should not be left out:

Princess Grace of Monaco

-Bok

EDIT: Added larger picture.

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I've certainly heard of Grace Kelly, but I don't know that I've ever seen a picture of her. That's really odd.

I must admit, she does appear to be absolutely flawless.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, that picture seems air brushed, but check out Google Images for some more.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Actually, I had already checked out these pics when I made that comment: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/5003/?200622

(Media --> Photographs)

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I couldn't say who the most beautiful woman who ever lived was or is, since I haven't seen all women. With that caveat, the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in the flesh was Natalie Wood. When I was in my early teens, my family would go to the Hollywood Christmas Parade every year, and she would always ride with her children on the float with Santa Claus at the end of the parade. Her photos often don't do her justice, but she was an amazingly beautiful woman.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

See, I don't get the whole Jennifer Garner thing. When Alias first started, I thought she had good energy, but she's a little horsey faced. How did she get to be considered a great beauty?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

quote:
See, I don't get the whole Jennifer Garner thing. When Alias first started, I thought she had good energy, but she's a little horsey faced. How did she get to be considered a great beauty?
I don't know either. That's always been one that made me shrug.

(Oh and I will third the Natalie Portman and Anne Hathaway endorsements.)

erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who knows - she's really, amazingly unattractive. She's got a body, but from the neck up she's...yeah, really, really unattractive, by both normal people and celebrity standards.

On the hot list...

Sabrina Sato
Aline Nakashima

I loves me the Japanese Brazilian women.

Of course, you can't ignore the classics, but most of them have already been covered here (Hepburn, Zeta-Jones, Grace Kelly).

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
eh, I was having this kind of discussion with a female friend of mine the other day, and it all comes down to what each individual sees as beautiful:

i.e. Angelina Jolee doesn't do much for me, and neither do any number of other "officially beautiful" celebrities.

yet others such as Uma Thurman, Sara Silverman etc which are generally seen as at least pretty I personally consider gorgeous...

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
See, I don't get the whole Jennifer Garner thing.
Neither did I, beyond what eros said, until I saw 13 Going On 30. She's freaking adorable, and I want to squeeze her. In a total non-sleazy way.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Katie, Jeff agrees with you on Anne Hathaway-- he thinks she's just the prettiest little thing ever. He thinks Natalie Portman is pretty, too. (Which I don't mind because he says I'm the most beautiful woman in the world. There's a difference.)

My uncle has a crush on Giadia deLaurentis.

I can't even decide, there are so many women I think are pretty...

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(I always used to think that my sister was the most beautiful person in the world. Maybe that's part of it...)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
quote:
See, I don't get the whole Jennifer Garner thing.
Neither did I, beyond what eros said, until I saw 13 Going On 30. She's freaking adorable, and I want to squeeze her. In a total non-sleazy way.
With that recommendation from a like-minded individual, I may have to see 13 going on 30. o_O
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
As for current people, I really like Rachel Weisz or Halle Berry. But the most beautiful face ever? It's too difficult... I suppose I'd second or third Audrey Hepburn.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Just be warned that she'll be way better looking at the end of than she was beforehand.
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Audrey Hepburn, Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron. Ooh, and Ingrid Bergman, she had great cheekbones. I also think Katherine Hepburn has a beautiful face, but not in a typical way. Devon Aoki (she was in Sin City) has a face like a porcelain doll, pale and perfectly clean.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I think both Sabrinas are beautiful.

Audrey Hepburn, the original.

And the more recent, Julia Ormond

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
What is conspicuously absent from this discussion is mention of Pottenger's cats.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
One that's missing: Scarlett Johansson
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
I love old movies. From the first time I saw her, I thought Virginia Mayo was the absolute most beautiful woman ever. She didn't age all that well, but in her prime . . .
Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mig
Member # 9284

- posted      Profile for Mig   Email Mig         Edit/Delete Post 
As for beautiful faces from old movie's, none was ever prettier than Kim Novak. Best known to people as the blonde in Hitchcock's Vertigo. She had the most intense eyes ever.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001571/

Posts: 407 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I could happily stare at Emilie de Ravin or Michelle Trachtenberg for hours on end.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
What is conspicuously absent from this discussion is mention of Pottenger's cats.

To which I say: Huh?
IndigoKnight1
Member # 9526

- posted      Profile for IndigoKnight1           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of surprised that no one mentioned Michelle Pfeiffer(did I spell that right?), Kim Basinger, or Melanie Griffin
Posts: 19 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Stray: both of those girls look like they're 14!
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Stray:
I could happily stare at Emilie de Ravin or Michelle Trachtenberg for hours on end.

I thought Shiri Appleby was way prettier than Emilie de Ravin.
Stephan
Member # 7549

Shiri has that Katie Holmes look that I can't stand, same with Kristin Kreuk. Its that underage skinny teen look that I picture certain 40 something guys drooling over.
Xavier
Member # 405

I think Emilie de Ravin looks amazing on Lost. Perhaps one of the most unlikely things about a show about unlikely things is how good she always looks on a deserted island.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Stephan:
Shiri has that Katie Holmes look that I can't stand, same with Kristin Kreuk. Its that underage skinny teen look that I picture certain 40 something guys drooling over.

I can't stand Katie and Kristin, though. Particularly Kristin. They used to call her "preternaturally pretty". <brr> Shiri is more like the girls I used to go to summer camp with and have crushes on.
Stray
Member # 4056

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:

They're both considerably older than that. And I don't find them sexually attractive, just aesthetically pleasing [Razz]
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Originally posted by Stray:
quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:

They're both considerably older than that. And I don't find them sexually attractive, just aesthetically pleasing [Razz]
I figured you weren't pulling a Robin and proclaiming your love of pedophilia, I was just noting that really, they look really young! How old are they really? The one on the right especially looks like she's barely pubescent.
Stray
Member # 4056

Well, Michelle Trachtenberg did play the younger sister on Buffy (age about 14-16, IIRC), so I guess she had to look the part for that. That pic looks like it was taken around that time--there are plenty on GIS where she looks older. She'll be 21 this year and Emilie de Ravin will be 25, according to IMDB.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

quote:
To which I say: Huh?
One of steven's claims is that improved diet translates to better bones and teeth (which, presumably would affect facial structure?), and the crackpot, I mean doctor, whose studies he cites as proof of this phenomenon is Pottenger and his cat studies.
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Edit - Doh! Too late.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.