FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Facial beauty (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Facial beauty
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Microclusters, I say! Microclusters!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Now THAT'S how we should start every new page around here!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I will second Scarlett Johansson and nth Natalie Portman.

I'll also add Salma Hayek.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Most beautiful unfamous face:
http://i5.tinypic.com/15fqjjt.jpg

Most beautiful famous face:
Audrey Hepburn

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Liz - I see a lot of you in her face. Is she a relative? She's gorgeous [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Charlize Theron!

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alyson_Hannigan

She's so cute, it hurts.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Q'Orianka Kilcher is also lovely.
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Myr, thanks, it's my mother.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Queen Noor is the most stunningly beautiful person I've ever met.

http://www.noor.gov.jo/index.htm

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought Maureen O'Hara was lovely when she was younger. I think the most beautiful woman around now is Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kasie H:
Queen Noor is the most stunningly beautiful person I've ever met.

http://www.noor.gov.jo/index.htm

She's definitely hot. I once saw a photo of her and her husband on a motorcycle, and she was absolutely smoking.

Edit: Wait, you met her? How'd that happen?

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
Monica Bellucci, Jennifer Connelly, and pictures don't do Ingrid Bergman justice; watch one of her films.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, I take it back. Ingrid was the most beautiful woman ever born, and she gave birth to the second most beautiful woman: Isabella Rosalini.
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
Again, Natalie Portman and Anne Hathaway (wow, thery really MUST be beautiful [Smile] )
also:
Liv Tyler
why hasn't anyone mentioned Sophie Marceau? She looks like an angel.
and... what's her name, for pete's sake?! the actress that played Galadriel and Elizabeth I. She's got that amazing, indescribable quality to her...

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Cate Blanchett. I love Cate Blanchett - I have girl crushes on the two above, but I want to be Cate Blanchett.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I forgot about Audrey Hepburn, even though I'd listed her once as one of my top 5 most beautiful actresses. Her body seems ordinary (though very thin), but she has such symmetrical features, clear skin, and big inquisitive eyes I can't look away from her; she seems to want to know everything about me.

And seeing Jewel's face reminded me of Tori Amos's, which I also like. They both have this rounded face with narrowish eyes and a tired smile that makes them look (to me, at least) as if they know everything and are full of compassion and pity for the rest of us.

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
El JT de Spang--I'll pay you $25 to read chapters 16-19 from Dr. price's book.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned Kate Winslet I fell for her beauty in Eternal Sunshine- specifically near the beginning when she sleeping in Joel's car. She just looks amazing.

She's very much in what I consider- the uber gorgeous.

And probably for the "girl next door" look I really think that Kirsten Dunst

I also am one that thinks that Angelina Jolie isn't attractive at all.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
steven, I'm gonna have to pass on that (generous, if suspect) offer. I'm in the middle of a job and a move, and I barely have time to read the things I want to read.

Cost/benefit and all that. You understand, I'm sure.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to back up Bok on this.

Grace Kelly is the most beautiful woman who ever.

And I'm old enough to be her grandson.

That pic he linked gives me goosebumps.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised no one's mentioned the classic National Geographic Afghan Girl.

I'll echo Natalie Portman and Kate Winslet. But we're forgetting Zhang Ziyi, and somewhat more obscure, Olga Pikienko (don't be alarmed by the makeup).

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to second Zhang Ziyi, nth Natalie Portman, nth Audrey Hepburn, the Afghan Girl...
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Many beauties in here, I'd like to mention that Ann Margaret and Rita Hayworth are notably missing from the old-timers list.

But I have to second Natalie Wood from decades of watching "The Great Race".

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
I almost forgot to add/mention Bridget Moynahan
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

Then delete or edit your insulting post, El JT.

If you think my offer is suspect, email King of Men. He got his first $25 and his free copy of the book 7 weeks ago. The offer is still open to anyone who is interested. 100 pages isn't that much reading, since a good bit of it is pictures.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I will do neither, since it's neither insulting nor untrue.

Even if I had the time to wade through his crappy book, and even if I believed you might pay up, I still wouldn't do it. It's worth mentioning that one of the not insignificant reasons I passed is that I don't feel comfortable with someone as unhinged as you having my address.

Though I admit I'm not surprised that a good bit of your doctrine is based on pictures.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious why this thread is so interesting, and whether the same would be true if we had a "most attractive guys" thread.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Leelee Sobieski and Tea Leoni. Only two celebrities I've ever had a crush on.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
AK, I was thinking of posting a guy or two just to be different. Like Brad Pitt. But I think a "most attractive guys" thread wouldn't be as popular, simply because just about everyone likes looking at pictures of beautiful women, while the same cannot be said of beautiful men. Or maybe there's more to it.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
Neither of them are women obviously but I think Kaneshiro Takeshi and Tom Welling exhibit a impressively large amount of facial beauty. I'm not attracted to Welling but whenever I see his pictures I can't help but think, "That's a prime example of facial beauty right there. That's right."

Also, Jennifer Connelly! Unlike the two above though, she is, in fact, a woman. I can't really pinpoint what I find so gorgeous about her but the combination of her dark hair, green eyes and porcelain skin is [Hail] .

Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soara
Member # 6729

- posted      Profile for Soara   Email Soara         Edit/Delete Post 
Jodi Foster is stunningly gorgeous, especially with brown hair (in the movie Nell I think). I can see people like Keira Knightly being very attractive to guys, but in my opinion, she looks like a robot to me. Her face is too perfect--to shiny, or something. Jodi Foster is very real-looking.

And some non-women, Viggo Mortensen and Simon from Firefly both have quite a lot of facial beauty.

Posts: 464 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I will do neither, since it's neither insulting nor untrue.

:bristles:

I think it was insulting.

I have read Price's studies. I believe that his conclusions have merit and relevance to human health. I have changed my eating habits as a result of the things I have read, and I believe I am better off for it. Does that make me unhinged and a crackpot?

<--- drinks raw milk & churns butter from it

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Price's experimental studies are regularly unequivocally flawed. He is not a good scientist, and he rarely, if ever, does good science.

That does not prevent some of his conclusions (such as on general dietary advice) from being correct or helpful. Many very good studies have been done on diet that sometimes reach similar conclusions (though hardly on all things). You are not unhinged or a crackpot for following some of his dietary advice.

[ July 15, 2006, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: fugu13 ]

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Science is limited in the scope of things it can find the truth of absolutely. Many of the things we would like to know can only be found out by abandoning ethics in our studies. There is still much room for faith and individual interpretation when it comes to evidence found. We all believe what we believe.

I find Price's studies compelling, though I try to take them with a grain of salt. I think steven has been rather unkindly treated on this forum, and I have never really been able to understand why. Many people claim things are solid science when they are more faith than science. I find that no reason to call them insulting names and dismiss them as untrustworthy human beings.

I have tried to understand the reasons behind the unkind treatment, and I have come to the conclusion that it has to do with 1) That no one else has come forward and defended him or supported his beliefs by coming forward and saying, "I share them as well" and 2) The claims do sound odd, especially when hearing them for the first time.

I don't think steven would be trying to doggedly to convince others to believe as he does if they would just listen to him, nod, and say, "Oh, that is very interesting," or "I have heard that as well." Feeling like no one will even grant you that can make you kinda desperate to convince because everyone wants to be taken seriously on the things that really matter to them.

Maybe it just doesn't bother me that much when someone believes something this harmless is water-tight science. It certainly isn't worth the time and effort to convince them otherwise.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Maybe it just doesn't bother me that much when someone believes something this harmless is water-tight science.

The harm done isn't in the belief. It's in the misunderstanding of what "science" is.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
My celebrity crush for the last couple years has been Zooey Deschenel. There's an honest vulnerability in her eyes, and expression. Not to mention she's cute as a button.

Other than her, I'd second, third, fourth whatever Morena Baccarin.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I have to nominate Jeri Ryan. The face of an angel.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the Angel of Death
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

quote:
The harm done isn't in the belief. It's in the misunderstanding of what "science" is.
I think it is a common mistake amongst those not well trained in logical thought, especially when they want so badly for something to be real science. Again, if the result is harmless, I'm not bothered by it. It's only worth wrestling over when there is significant harm involved. Otherwise, why beat your head against a wall? Why be unkind? That doesn't help anyone learn anything. (Sorry for this tangent, all. If anyone wants to reply to this, feel free to put it in my Raw Milk thread.)
Silent E
Member # 8840

- posted      Profile for Silent E   Email Silent E         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another vote for Grace Kelly.

She was so good-looking that she almost spoiled Rear Window by her presence. What was a woman like that doing with guy like that, in an apartment like that, pulling capers like that? She should have been hanging out in some palace with some prince or other.

Posts: 202 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

El JT--do you actually think I'm crazy, or is that just your way of talking to people? Fine. I'd be willing to send the book or the check to a hatracker of your choice, or whatever address you choose. If you think I'm dangerous, then that should satisfy your need for safety.

Tom, how about you read chapters 18 and 19 of Dr. price's book? The same offer applies. I send you the book and the $25, and you post your comments. That's only about 48-50 pages of reading.

Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I forgot Audrey Tautou.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tom, how about you read chapters 18 and 19 of Dr. price's book? The same offer applies. I send you the book and the $25, and you post your comments. That's only about 48-50 pages of reading.
I'll make you another offer: I will read, for free, any article printed in a scientifically-accredited journal. I trust Dr. Price's book not at all; what you're doing is akin to asking me to read Ann Coulter to get a new outlook on American politics.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

Tom, Dr. price published literally dozens of articles in peer-reviewed journals. A couple of these, in edited form, are in Price's book. Price also referenced dozens of peer-reviewed articles and books, including several studies on animals that showed conclusively the effects of particular nutritional deficiencies on different species. He also performed several animal experiments himself. I'm trying to find a way not to insult you, tom. Can you help me out, there, so we can get past this?

The simple point I'm making is this--although the same nutritional deficiency will produce different effects in different species, you can always be sure that overly-processed or undernourished plant and/or animal products will cause illness in those that consume them. Price made very clear in his book that the same deformity is produced in different species by different deficiencies.

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
steven, how about you just give us the cites from his book of the articles that were published? Many of us have access to university search engines and could probably locate those articles with ease and then read them.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

In that case you should have no problem providing a few of Dr. Price's peer reviewed articles you find particularly central [Smile] .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

The Price-Pottenger Foundation has quite a few articles of Dr. Price's. I have asked them to provide a shorter version of the book.
fugu13
Member # 2859

That's a self-published journal, not a peer-reviewed one. Do you have examples of articles that appeared in peer-reviewed journals?
steven
Member # 8099

I'll try to dig some of that up for tomorrow. Some of those articles were published nearly 80 years ago. I don't know if the records for those journals go back that far. I'll check for specific references, though.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know everything about good diet. that's exactly why i try to eat mostly-raw, mostly-unrefined, mostly-fresh, and pretty similar to traditional tribes who have good health. No matter what makes it work, it works. That's my main and only point. I eat a diet that works. I don't know entirely why it works, and I KNOW that I don't know. My guesses about the ormus stuff are just that, guesses. I still think it's worth noting that 100% of the 10-12 people I've shown Dr. Price's book to are quite convinced by the pictures.

I'm not saying Price didn't have his flaws. What I am saying is that none of you are fit to point out the mote in his eye without noting the beams in your own eyes. Who the fizzle are a bunch of armchair-sitting, potato-chip-gulping, soda-slurpers to question the work of someone who spent decades studying nutrition and bone structure?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.