FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Favorite obscure cartoons from the 1990s. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Favorite obscure cartoons from the 1990s.
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Reboot. Not exactly a cartoon but still awesome.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
I have all of Reboot on my computer [Big Grin]
In fact, it's in a folder entirely dedicated to old TV shows that make me happy:
Doug
Daria
Ronin Warriors
The Wonder Years
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
and some others

Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Saephon:
I have all of Reboot on my computer [Big Grin]
In fact, it's in a folder entirely dedicated to old TV shows that make me happy:
Doug
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
and some others

Woah, torrent.
Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly
Member # 9576

- posted      Profile for Kelly   Email Kelly         Edit/Delete Post 
My brothers and I used to enjoy watching Super Mario Brothers also. Wasn't there also a live action show?

My other favorites:

Alegra's Castle

Maya the Bee

Posts: 104 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Kelly, I think you combined Eureka's Castle and Allegra's Window.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SoaPiNuReYe:
Reboot. Not exactly a cartoon but still awesome.

Reboot wasn't mo-cap, so I think it does count as a cartoon. [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
lol.

I used to love Eureka's Castle.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to just call it Magellan because he was my favorite character. For those who don't remember, he was the dragon.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
Mw wife came up with this one: Noozles
Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
" Sonic Underground (which I never knew existed, just as well since it looks awful)."

You offend reason, sir! Take that back, or I shall be compelled to dispatch thee!

[ December 09, 2007, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: JonHecht ]

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
I mean.. it's a delicate gem in the childhood of others I hold as dear as my own!
Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot remember the name of the cartoon, the name of the characters, nor even significant events in the cartoon, but I have very clear images of certain items in the series. Perhaps "with our powers combined" (to quote Captain Planet, dang was that show awful, even if their powers were sweet!), you can help me find the name of this cartoon.

All I really remember was that there was a (caucasian I think) guy who had gold bands around his wrist or both wrists. At some point in the show, he uses these gold bands or telekinesis or something to move massive stone blocks in a way that forms a structure much like those at stonehenge (two vertical blocks with one additional laying horizontally across the top of the other two to make a type of gateway).

It must have been on TV in the mid to late 80's. I remember describing events from the cartoon to my parents and older siblings, but must have made complete nonsense out of it since I'm sure I didn't understand what was actually going on (I was, what, 5 or 6 then?).

Your help is appreciated, even though this matter is somewhat trivial.

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys all the time.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly:
My brothers and I used to enjoy watching Super Mario Brothers also. Wasn't there also a live action show?

The Super Mario Brothers Super Show had live action segments, with Captain Lou Albano as Mario. Epic win, as the kids would say.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eowyn-sama
Member # 11096

- posted      Profile for Eowyn-sama   Email Eowyn-sama         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I'd forgotten a ton of these!

But no-one's mentioned Rescue Rangers! (or was that the 80s?) ^_^ I loved that show so much that my dad would make up bedtime stories for me using the characters. Then years later I watched a few episodes with my friends and we discovered that I'd basically turned into my old favorite character--Gadget ^_^

My other favorites were Captain Planet, Mighty Max, Gargoyles, Pirates of Dark Water, Reboot, Beast Wars, and Sailor Moon (although that was the late 90s and I was probably too old for it ^_^)

Wait, they made a Redwall *series*? How did I miss that? Was it any good?

Posts: 96 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the Redwall series is amazing.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Captain N was great. It'd probably still be funny now because of how it made fun of some classic video game series. But it really went downhill in its third (and last) season---they cut the episodes down from a half hour to 15 minutes, they featured a lot of obscure, dumb video games, and the artwork was noticeably cruder.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
"Eureka's Castle" was great. The guy who did Magellan's voice also did Bear from "Bear in the Big Blue House". He's a great voice actor.

Puffy, I think I have about 12 episodes of "samurai Pizza Cats" on VHS. We have already begun the indoctrination of our children.

Who do you call when you want some pepperoni?
They're stamping out crime and you know that ain't baloney.

I won't repeat the entire song, although I could. But I have to point out that the show had some funny lines in it that kids would miss but parents would crack up over. In one episode Speedy and Guido end up somewhere with bikini babes, and Speedy says, "I'm confused". Guido responds with "I'm aroused."

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.