FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fantasy Football last call for 2008 players! Check last page! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Fantasy Football last call for 2008 players! Check last page!
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on....any new blood this year?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I just signed up a friend of mine, both here at Hatrack and for the league....anyone else ready to sign up?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
striplingrz
Member # 9770

- posted      Profile for striplingrz   Email striplingrz         Edit/Delete Post 
hey guys, i signed up a week or two ago, thx for inviting me back...

not that you asked but i have some opinions on the things you've been throwing around. First I've been playing FF since 1996, so i've seen or done about all there is to be done. My favorite way of doing things are as follows:

fractional points are allowed... i.e. 66 yds (1 pt per 10 yards rushing) = 6.6 pts

I absolutely hate playing with IDP's, its cumbersome and quite useless in my opinion. The few times I've played in IDP leagues it convoluted the draft pool, and didn't have that much affect on the outcome of games. I think if you look at the concept as a whole, its more about fielding a "realistic" team. I don't much care about that.

And the 2 QB's can start idea is very strange to me. I'll do it, but I vote against it. Here is the lineup I think is most fair and works the best.
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 D/ST
1 Flex (can be RB/WR/TE)

Thanks for listening. Hope to have a great year in FFL land.

Posts: 176 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK....what is everyones view on the positions....should we keep it as it was last year, or try how it is set up now? Last year we had 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1K, 2DB, 2DL. and 2 flex D.

I am not set on it...I could care less, really. I had fielded some suggestions at the end of the year last year and this was what people were talking about to make it more competitive. However, we could modify it as well....keep 1 QB but go to 4 WR and 3 RB.

I think we are keeping the IDP's, and they DID have a HUGE effect on the standings last year. Once again, though, while my preference is to keep them, if everyone else wants to get rid of them we will. I think the consensus so far is that most people want to keep them.

The draft is going to be next week....I will post a date and time within a few days. I think probably next Sunday night.

orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
I am against the 2 QBs and prefer the usual positions as striplingrz.

If you really feel we need more starters, they should be flex positions. I could roll out the math and explain why but it seems likely to be ignored in any case.

I like the IDPs but feel they are inappropriate for this type of league and keep away casual players who might otherwise join in.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I like flex players, but it usually seems that tehy always turn out to be RB's.
orlox
Member # 2392

But there are times when being able to start a WR is a lifesaver, covering byes, injuries or even a bad draft.
Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
striplingrz
Member # 9770

- posted      Profile for striplingrz   Email striplingrz         Edit/Delete Post 
if you have to start 3+ WR then of course the flex starter will usually be a RB. Thats why I prefer 2 RB & 2 WR starters... then that flex is just that flex... heck, i've even seen some folks start a 2nd TE at that flex spot... [Smile]
Posts: 176 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I have seen 2 TE starting in some leagues.
orlox
Member # 2392

So are you going to make any changes Kwea?
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeah...we are probably going back to the old system.

Also, the draft will be this week, probably on Sat.

orlox
Member # 2392

Cool.

BTW I dropped a note to graywolf reminding him to join but haven't heard back. Maybe we should try to email more of the old participants. I have hundreds of ff contacts and can get as many players as you want but that sort of defeats the hatrack part.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I will play around with the starting positions....if any changes are made from last year it will probably be adding a flex player rather than revamping the whole shebang....and will post the final positions by wed.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Last call....come on in, we don't bite (much)!
orlox
Member # 2392

Kwea, don't forget that if we don't draft by Monday, we miss the first week of the season.

Looks like we have 10 teams!

Kwea
Member # 2199

I know....but thanks for the reminder. [Wink]

The draft will be Sat, leaving a little bit of time to adjust rosters and pick up players before Monday night.

I released it for the draft about 10 min ago, but have no idea when the draft will release.

[ August 30, 2008, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Also, I went with last year's roster positions, with one addition....I added a flex rb/wr position as suggested.

If anyone has an objection to this let me know and we will discuss it. I can always change it before Monday. [Smile]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Draft still hasn't released yet, but is pending. Keep an eye out, it could release at any point.

I just saw a note from Yahoo! that was sent when I released the draft. It said that we will draft between now and Wed....which isn't good. I had no idea it could take that long, and I am hoping it doesn't. If it does, we have two choices....we could start in week 2, or I can adjust the settings to allow for week one, but that would mean people would be playing players knowing how well they had already done.

Hopefully it won't happen, but I wanted to let you all know it was a possibility.

[ August 30, 2008, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Draft has posted!!!
Kwea
Member # 2199

Looks like an interesting year. Go figure....there are some real powerhouse teams (and once again I am not one of them [Frown] ).
Kwea
Member # 2199

I went and signed up for that on-line offer that gives you a free stat-tracker subscription....and it worked! No cost, just open an account and they deposit $10 in it for you and buy you Statracker! [Wink]
orlox
Member # 2392

I have the Fear this year. First pick, LT, Manning, Willis... It all seems too good.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeah....you have the best team on paper, and will be hard to beat for sure.

Guys...check your rosters! I see a lot of people with players that are Not Available still on their starting rosters, and that isn't good! If there is a red NA next to their name they are not available for the game this week. Some may be out all season, some just for this week, but I don't think they are playing....so check your rosters, offense AND defense, and make sure you are ready for game day!

[ September 04, 2008, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
You may not be a powerhouse this year, Kwea, but you're certainly dangerous. There are a good few dangerous teams in the league this year, and a couple superstars.

*runs off to start scouting depth charts for future reference*

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I just don't know how I passed on Moss, Brady and Westbrook. I got three decent running backs, but I had the #3 pick for heavens sake!

I have 3 players on the can't cut list. 3.

Half of us have at least 5 people on that list.

I am cursed. I had the #1 pick two years ago, and I got ....Alexander, right off his record breaking season. He spent almost half the season on the injury list. Last year I had....Parker. The man who couldn't find the end zone all year.

This year I have to face all three powerhouse teams twice, and none of the "weaker" teams ore than once. I play Whipsmarts....and he has better players benched each week than I play....twice, and the last time is the second to last week of teh season.

May God have mercy on my team. [Wink]

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
My entire strategy this year hinges on Jake Delhomme putting up huge numbers and Jamal Lewis and Selvin Young tearing it up. If my league would limit how many players you can play, I'd be in good shape, but we do 3 WR, 2 QB, 2 RB, 1 TE, and 2 flex positions (WR/TE and WR/RB). If we limited it to 1 QB and no flex positions, I'd be in pretty good shape.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

KQ, check your roster thie week.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, that sucked. I managed to be 3rd in points scored, yet lose almost every week. I also managed to be one of two teams to not make the playoffs. [Frown]
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.