FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fantasy Football last call for 2008 players! Check last page! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Fantasy Football last call for 2008 players! Check last page!
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I said I would set up a league, with standard scoring, this year, and it is about time. I would like to keep the IDP, as that worked well, but I hated the scoring options.

Anyone interested?

[ August 25, 2008, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Yessir.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I set up the league today, and here is the linky.

I set up the IDP's, so we WILL be drafting defensive players again this year. Take a look at the scoring...I had to enter scoring for the IDP, but I left the other scoring alone. I can adjust it if need be...I think we probably should go to 20 yards = 1 point for receptions and passing, but I wanted to see what everyone else had to say about it before changing it.

We can have 16 players, but we need to have an even # of players to start if we want to stay head to head. We could switch to points, but I like the head to head. [Smile]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Agreed about the head to head, I think reception yeards should be worth more than passing, otherwise it'd be impossible for a reciever to score more than, or even close to, a quarterback. Receiving and rushing should be 10 a point while throwing is 20.

Edit: Kwea we need the password and league name to sign up.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea, I really hated the yahoo site. [not your league, just the whole FF site]

Why not consider ESPN? The leagues there can continue from year to year with stored histories, trophy icons, live-scoring, league voting and complete flexibility. And the live draft is much, much better.

I have set up a site but can easily transfer league manager over to you.

In fact, after the problems last year, I figured two or three leagues might be appropriate. A regular one with team defence for those who didn't like the Individual Defensive Players (IDP). Another with the IDP's.

And another, which I would like, a keeper league where each team gets to keep 5 players or so from season to season.

Some people, like me, might even want to play all three. League sizes are very flexible so that shouldn't be a problem.

[ January 25, 2009, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: orlox ]

Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Is ESPN a free league? That matters to me, because I don't want to block anyone out for a pay-to-play league.

Here are the settings as of right now:
Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (20 yards per point)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Tackle Solo (.5)
Tackle Assist (.25)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Force (1)
Fumble Recovery (1)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Pass Defended (.5)
Block Kick (2)

No negative points for attempts at passing/rushing, but fractional points are on.

[ July 06, 2007, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

orlox
Member # 2392

ESPN is free of course. You can be in up to 10 leagues per identity. And the scoring can be set in the same way. The Yahoo live drafting is the same and still no real-time scoring.
Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I will take a look at it..has anyone else tried the ESPN?

I don't want a live draft, to be honest. I have too much stuff IRL to deal with. Last year we did the automated one, and it worked well. You can rank players rather than use Yahoo's auto picks, which gives you some freedom to customize your pics.

I don't care either way, myself, but my default is Yahoo because I have used it before.

ESPN updates live? That would be really cool...

orlox
Member # 2392

Yahoo can do it but ya gotta pay.

Maybe the automated/live draft is another reason to have more than one league. Live drafts are great fun. Of course, I'll still play the autodraft too but it just isn't the same as hand-picking your team!

Sign into ESPN, I'll turn the league over to you and you can check it out seriously, see what you think.

I've been playing FF for 15 years. I know all the sites NFL/CBS, Fox, ESPN, Fanball, Yahoo... NFL/CBS is the prettiest but ESPN is the best for free leagues. Last year I ran 27 teams. Only one team on Yahoo however, the Hatrack League. The changes do seem better on Yahoo but they are going to have to prove it to me. [Smile]

orlox
Member # 2392

Kwea check your email as per profile.
Kwea
Member # 2199

I am trying to recover my ESPN password. I didn't even remember registering. [Smile]

League ID# is 145106 and the Password is Hatrack

[ July 06, 2007, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

orlox
Member # 2392

You have to send invites from LM Tools/Edit Owners and Send Invitations.

[ January 25, 2009, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: orlox ]

striplingrz
Member # 9770

- posted      Profile for striplingrz   Email striplingrz         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm in, but i vote for yahoo... i have this semi-boycott of espn for their stupid "insider" articles (not fantasy related)... why should i have to pay $4 a month just to read your "insider" story that i can find at other sites for free?

Anyway, i'll get off the soapbox. I have played yahoo for several years now and I prefer it over even cbssportsline's pay site. Real-time stats don't mean anything to me in Football.

Posts: 176 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in at Yahoo. Other leagues will be joined if posted too, i'm a fantasy football junkie. [Big Grin]

edit: AOL has fantasy sports too, they intrigued me as they had a keeper league you could play for free. Not sure if it is still offered, though.

[ July 06, 2007, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I wouldn't mind having options, and we could even have different Commissioners.....I woudn't be comfortable running a version I have never played.

I understand why Jay made scring changs last year, and it was still fun, but I just wanted a more traditional scoring setup this year, as did a lot of the players.

I have to make a new ESPN membershp....I was unable to recover my old password as it was assocaited to a dead email account.

orlox
Member # 2392

Well, why don't we run the IDP/autodraft that Kwea is keen on on Yahoo and the live draft/keeper on ESPN. We can have a bunch of people try out both and next year will be much clearer. I'll sign up for the yahoo too.

[ January 25, 2009, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: orlox ]

orlox
Member # 2392

Kwea, I sent you invites to the ESPN to the gmail address.

Maybe we should delete this tread, you can then start another one with all the options and info for both sites in the opening post so it is less confusing. Or perhaps you can edit the OP in this thread and delete the erroneous KISS password in the later post.

otterk10
Member # 10463

- posted      Profile for otterk10           Edit/Delete Post 
I reccomend yahoo. I've done fantasy football there for years and always thought it was the best site for fantasy football.

Unfortunately, I am probably going to be in a league with my high school friends, so I won't be able to participate in the hatrack league.

I hate having more than one team because then I don't know what players to root for.

Posts: 77 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, looks like a plan to me.
striplingrz
Member # 9770

- posted      Profile for striplingrz   Email striplingrz         Edit/Delete Post 
What are the yahoo specifics? I wasn't able to get in with that ID.
Posts: 176 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

League ID# is 145106 and the Password is Hatrack
striplingrz
Member # 9770

I'm in... thanks.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose it is time for all this again.

I'm in: Yahoo for sure, but I'm considering the ESPN one. Let me toss it around a bit - I've got time. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

That's why I mentioned it now, so we could plan a bit. [Smile]

Did everyone else like the IDP's, or just me?

Carrie
Member # 394

I liked it, as it meant I had to spend that much more time on football. Darn. [Wink] It certainly sucked up a bit of time, but I'm glad you decided to keep it.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

16 starting positions will make for a very diffuse league. Are you sure about the w/t and w/r positions? It boils down to starting 3 rbs and 4 wrs every week. I know we started a lot last year though... What was the line up?

[ July 10, 2007, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: orlox ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

That was something I was wondering about myself. I think I may change it to what it was last year....3 WR and 2 RB.

I like the 1 TE / WR slot though.....what do you guys think?

How about 2 TE slots then? It allows for a little bit more offence without unbalancing it.

Kwea
Member # 2199

We have 6 teams as of today. [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

We are up to 8 teams now. What do you think we should limit the size to? Is there a "best" size?

I edited the positions, and changed the settings because it had the receiving yards set at 10 per point, and most of the leagues I checked out had it at 20 yards per point. If you disagree please let me know, and why.

For position edits, I got rid of the TE/WR and TE/RB combo positions, so edit your draft choices accordingly. [Smile]

[ August 11, 2007, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm down with ten because every league I've ever been in gives WR's ten, or decimal (.1 points per yard) values. A point per 20 yards is the QB standard (generally 1 pt per 20 or 25 yards passing).
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in, although I just made it an uneven number of teams.
Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

It's even now.
striplingrz
Member # 9770

lets go!
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, I will change it back to 10 yards per point for receivers then.

Any more interested? We have ten so far....

How many did we have last year?

Kwea
Member # 2199

When should we have the draft? Some time next week?
Carrie
Member # 394

We had 16 teams last year and 20 the year before that.

Next week sounds fine to me to have the draft. [Smile]

Kwea
Member # 2199

So next week it is!

Ask people if they want to play....I am asking my BIL, as he is crazy for these fantasy games. [Smile]

TheTick
Member # 2883

Looks like we are down one...someone join!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in if you guys will have me... go easy, this is my first FFL
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I don't know.... [Wink]

Sign on up! We should have fun. [Smile]

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

When I said, "I'm in" I meant I had signed up. [Smile]

See you on game day.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

lol

Good deal!

Anyone else?

Kwea
Member # 2199

Last call for players...we draft this weekend!
TheTick
Member # 2883

(another reminder that the season starts on a thursday)
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

I guess that means we're skipping week 1?
orlox
Member # 2392

Why are we skipping week 1 exactly?
orlox
Member # 2392

Kwea, what is the problem here? Why are we missing the season opener?
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

Dude, chill... because we're taking late applicants...

you'll survive, I promise.

Kwea
Member # 2199

quote:
Originally posted by TheTick:
(another reminder that the season starts on a thursday)

Where was the FIRST reminder? lol

My internet has been on the fritz, so I had not even seen the new posts until tonight.

To be honest, things have been crazy at work, and I thought it all started next week. [Blushing]

We will start the draft tonight, if everyone is OK with that.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Starting at 10:30. Hope everyone is OK with that. I don't want to piss anyone off, but I also don't want to miss the first game of the season.

Edit: This is messed up....I guess you can't just click on a button and start the draft at any time, even on Auto Draft! I would have thought you could.....

I clicked on ready to draft, and it says it will be completed sometime before Sunday.

Talk about crappy!

[ September 05, 2007, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.