FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late (Page 6)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Kama Con Official Info -!New! Hotel Preview pg 13 - You can still call late
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it would be worth the $70 (round-trip) bus ticket to NYC to save yourself 2/3 (or 3/4) of the gas costs to and from Chicago, neh?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay has not made room reservations yet, but ElJay will, for the girly-room and a boyish room, well in advance of the deadline. They don't charge your credit card for the full amount up front, they just run a hold on it, so I don't need anyone to send me money in advance. What I do need you to do is commit that you're going to pay for the room once we get there. Direct to the hotel would be my preference, it doesn't need to be paid with the credit card that reserves it.

So far T-Smith, Frisco, and Lalo have committed to doing this, although Lalo is unsure on if he'll make it. BtL doesn't know if he's coming or not, which if he'd make up his mind he could make the reservation, as he has a credit card. So, anyway, that's the story as it stands now.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, and in case anyone's interested, I am still planning on doing the T-Shirts. It just hasn't seemed too urgent yet, as the turn-sround is pretty fast, but I guess I better get my butt in gear so we can allow plenty of time for people to get their orders in.

I've put it in my calendar to be done by a week from today...

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Thanks, ElJay. I'm sure that, at worst, Nate and I could just split the cost. And we're both "definite"s.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

You are most decidedly welcome.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'll just clear things up on my status.

There's no way I'll know until the end of July. That's when the NDA (new drug application) is supposed to be in to the FDA. If it's not done then nobody is getting vacation time until it is done.

So I won't know until the 11th hour. Sorry team.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
T-SHIRTS!!!
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay--

I'm a definete, and I'll commit to paying at the hotel too.

Zat cool?

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Works for me, thankee kindly gentlemen.
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
*still looking for roommates*

*wants a shirt*

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Cyberdan, as I said last night, I'm fairly sure that if you could come, there would be room for you somewhere.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh.

BtL, you a playa...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*still looking for roommates*

*wants a shirt*

Yowza. A shirtless woman looking for roommates gets NO responses? Really?

quote:
BtL, you a playa...
Bobble is a beach?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Juliette and I now have a reservation.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
O_O I just bought a ticket... or my hand did... I guess I'll need a room if my parents don't kill me before August.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Frisco, count me in for the drive if there's still room.

Also, where can I get a ticket at the price you mentioned?

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

You'll be in the trunk, Noah. Please understand, it's either you or me in the trunk, and I'm scared of darkness, so...
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Becky calls BtL "CyberDan"!

That's awesome.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Here you go, Noah.

[ June 21, 2004, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
It warms the cockles of my heart when I see this thread bumped!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, I'm going to try and talk to my employer soon about when he will no longer be my employer so that I can get some tickets back to Indiana. I'm going to try (though I don't really know if I can) to get that to be in time for this. Just an update, I'm still hoping. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

Toni, you goober, where do you think I got it?

Still no news from Ken, who is also a goober.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I know!

That's why I think it's [Cool]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
She's just glad to see that I'm still branded in her name.

"Why do you call BtL 'CyberDan'?"

"Well, it all started with this girl named Ralphie. Let me tell you about her..."

And she lives on in infamy through me. Insidious!

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
doot doot doot...

Seriously, no one wants to room with us? You're all poops.

I'll see if I can get Dan to reserve us a room tonight, though! If not tonight, then within a week, I promise!

(Don't worry, AJ! We won't wait too long!)

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I'm going to come definitely. I just need to find ticket prices and decide if I'm going to skip class that Friday to go to this. Also my class is 1st year intensive immersion German, so someone has to help me practice German that weekend.

So help me find super duper ticket prices from Seattle to Chicago! Also, from another thread we apparently need to get chocolate cake shakes from someplace called Portillo's. Add it to the list.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

quote:
so someone has to help me practice German that weekend.

Kein Problem!
BannaOj
Member # 3206

The deadline is getting closer. Celia have you called Wendy for our room yet?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Ok only Four rooms have been reserved gang. We need TEN as in 10 as in TEN rooms reserved otherwise I'm gonna be stuck with a huge bill.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!

AJ

peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Why am I being singled out?

quote:
celia60
Member # 2039

posted June 01, 2004 03:12 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reservation made for the celia/blacwolve/Banna room. Theca, you're welcome to join us if you change your mind (*hopes*). You other two, I'll send out an email with the details shortly.

I talked to a woman named Wendy who seemed to know what "Kamacon" was, and I sent you an email with the confirmation info. [Razz]

[ June 28, 2004, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: peter the bookie ]

Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Hey, don't look at me, I made my reservation.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't reserved a room, but then, there is still only the faintest of possibilities that I might be able to go.

Honestly, if I do go I was hoping to just sleep on somebody else's floor in exchange for paying part of their bill.

Hmmm...if not enough people who said that they were going to be reserving rooms step up, maybe others of us could give AJ money to at least partially defray her unfairly huge bill.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

Ok. I'm giving up on waiting for ken, and one of my roomates is gonna come anyway, so we'll have four in the room no matter what. CyberDan and Hobbes are still welcome to crash, of course.

Ni!

peter the bookie
Member # 3270

Ok, how's this for a nice little break down of who we get to cajole:

People to be left alone because they've reserved rooms
saxon75
celia60/BannaOJ/blacwolve
rivka/Kama/katharina
TomDavidson/Christy
Papa Moose
JonnyNotSoBravo
sndrake
ElJay times 2 for BtL/Frisco/Eddie/CalvinMaker/T_Smith/Fugu and ElJay/Ryuko/dkw/mackillian

People to throw disapproving sighs at until they CALL and RESERVE as they've said they will
Vana/Lime
kwsni!/psychotriad
Bob Scopatz
CT for 2 (CT and Xnera)

[Confused] [Frown] [Confused]

People to throw rotten fruit at for being all wishy-washy on if they are even coming
Hobbes
Primal Curve
Noemon
RRR
Marek

[Grumble]
[Wave] [Embarrassed]

Did I miss anyone?

[ June 29, 2004, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: peter the bookie ]

Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I have reserved the "K" room, but I agree with Noem -- AJ should NOT get stuck with the whole bill regardless.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't CT somewhere on that list?

Or did she say she couldn't go after all and I missed it?

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

::throws rotten fruit::
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

yeah, added.

and

*disapproving sigh* didn't you say you were getting a room?

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I need roommates.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom has a room reserved. Who is on the "I reserved" list that shouldn't be?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

THE CULPRIT IS PAPA MOOSE.

I don't know why Wendy can't find you. Could you call her and give her your confirmation number please?

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I found some enlightenment
quote:
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

posted May 11, 2004 02:41 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have our plane tickets, too, but haven't decided yet whether we're staying in Chicago or Skokie on Wednesday and/or Thursday, so haven't made our reservations yet.

I'm guessing this is how it has been for the last month. Perhaps some gentle nagging? I'm trying to figure out whether to put him in the "rotten fruit category or not <grin>

AJ

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Done. Take my frequin' name off the thread topic.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Done. Now stop throwing rotten fruit at me. I know what rotten fruit looks and feels like 'cuz I just cleaned the old strawberries out of my fridge.

Wishy-washy!!! [Taunt] What part of "definitely" from above post did you not understand? Hmmm, now I just have to scroll up to find out to whom I'm s'posed to reveal my secret identity in order to prove I reserved a room...

PS A roommate or roommates might be nice because the more money I save, the more I can spend on frivolities. It's a double bed room, non-smoking, however smoke doesn't bother me and can be changed if you want. Join me or be humiliated on the "frequin list"!

[ June 28, 2004, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: JonnyNotSoBravo ]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

Are you a room all to yourself? Or do I need to edit other people on the list?

Pops, I moved you. [Smile]

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Woah there. I've never once said I was coming. I've very much been in the wishy washy section from the beginning. I think I was the first wishy washy person; I paved the way for all wish washers to come after me. I was a true visionary.

I expect plenty of rotten fruit but no sighs.

peter the bookie
Member # 3270

Yeah, but you have a room should you show up, so I put you on that list. Notice that ElJay is actually the listed person to sigh at since she's making the reservation.

JNSB, send it to AJ since she's the contact. And I just like throwing fruit at you.

Kama
Member # 3022

Bobble's afraid to come cause he knows I'd throw him down Niagara Falls.

In a barrel.

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Niagara Falls is close to Chicago?!
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.