FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » John's been banned? Kristine, Kathryn, you've made a mistake. (Page 6)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: John's been banned? Kristine, Kathryn, you've made a mistake.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott - I no longer have minions.

If you locate my lost minions, will you please contact me immediately, or point said minions in my direction?

Any help would be appreciated.

God bless.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

- posted      Profile for JohnKeats           Edit/Delete Post 
*spreads buttery love over Pat*
Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat* Pat's got a long shadow... It's okay. [Smile]

How's Cargile Cook, by the way?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused] That's NOT Pat's alternate-handle-of-the-week?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Minions? We don't need no stinkin' minions!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homestarrunner
Member # 5090

- posted      Profile for Homestarrunner   Email Homestarrunner         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, back in the days when these names were getting snatched up right and left, Pat chose Trogdor the Burninator. I chose Homestarrunner. I'm at least as big a fan as Pat is. [Smile] I'm advice for robots.
Posts: 144 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Oops. [Embarrassed]

*using mirror, redirects beam at afr*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
*beams beamishly at Rivka and not-Pat AFR*

Ralphie, I'm forwarding my resume... I think I have minion potential...

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homestarrunner
Member # 5090

- posted      Profile for Homestarrunner   Email Homestarrunner         Edit/Delete Post 
*chortles in his joy*

*basks in rivka's beamishness*

Posts: 144 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*loiters nearby, waiting for answer to question*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
TAK - You're already my minion.

I thought I'd lost ye, boy.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
No loitering. Move along, move along, nothing to see.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

But, but, but.... he knows my professors! [Cry]
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

Now, now, you of all people should know where to find me, having sicked that six foot lizard on me... [Smile]
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Kat:

I was just talking to John in the chat room. He asked me to let you know that you haven't been banned from GreNME or anything. Definitely nothing silly like that. You just need to log in before you can post now. Posting without logging in no longer works.

He says the site pooped out on him and he just recently got it back up and running. Go to www.grenme.com and it will link to the forum.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You just need to log in before you can post now. Posting without logging in no longer works.
Pooka should be glad to hear that.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

He's still in chat.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I don't have AIM at work.

I tried to log into GreNME, apparently the password I remember isn't the right one. I went through my options, including the "click here for forgotten password" link, and the resulting e-mail doesn't work.

[Smile] It's good to know, though. Heaven only knows what my password for that place is. I think I've forgotten the one for sakeriver at least twice. I usually use the same password for everything, but since that would be giving grenme and sake my password for Hatrack, I didn't want to. Therein lay my fatal error.

Come to think of it, this happened at PWeb once as well.

*scribbles John, how come the links on the automated e-mails don't work? I totally want to come and play. Love, Katie on a piece of paper*
*folds note into into a swan*

Could you pass this note to John?

[ April 29, 2004, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

TEACHER! KATIE'S PASSING NOTES!
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I usually use the same password for everything, but since that would be giving grenme and sake my password for Hatrack, I didn't want to.
And why would this be a problem? [Confused]

You think someone from Grenme or sakeriver will try to impersonate you here?

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

General security.

I never sit in a room with my back to the door either.

Come on, Ela. Do you release your passwords?

[ April 29, 2004, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

advice for robots
Member # 2544

Alas, he left the chat room. I only chanced on him there, and I don't know how to get ahold of him otherwise. But he has been reading this thread.
Ela
Member # 1365

Just make sure there isn't an air duct opening behind you. [Wink]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*shrug* Ela, I do it too -- call it paranoia.
MEC
Member # 2968

It's usually a bad idea to use the same password. If someone get's into one account and knows your password, then they know all your passwords.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Right.

*grin* It's much better to be periodically self-exiled from your favorite sites.

It's a terrible thing when the site goes down.

Ela
Member # 1365

No one got my air duct joke?!! What kind of Card fans are you, anyway?!! [No No] [Wink]
katharina
Member # 827

For everyone at the edge of your seat, I figured it out. *curtseys* Gratzi, gratzi, populi!
MEC
Member # 2968

I understood the air duct joke, just didn't think it was very funny.

Sorry.

Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Most forums don't save your password in plain text, so even if someone hacked the database, they'd just see the encrypted password...

Of course, I use a bunch of different passwords on principle, but principle is worth nothing if you occassionally forget.

So, umm, I don't know where I'm going with this post. Help! I'm stuck in this post and I can't get out!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Well, fooey on you, MEC. [Grumble]
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*removes Bok off post*
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

[Cry] I'm sorry I'm sorry [Cry]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the air duct post was an x-files reference. o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Ela, if it helps, I got your air duct joke and I laughed. [Wink]
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was an X-files thing, too. You know, the liver-eating mutant who could sqeeze through small spaces? I think the episode was called 'Squeeze' or something. They had the same guy in another episode, later.

I still sometimes wonder what's REALLY under the escalators at the mall...

*realizes she's totally wack*

*wanders off, whistling "Kate!" *

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Olivet: [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Sometimes X-Files really creeps me out. [Angst]

Ela
Member # 1365

Brettly!! [Wave]

Where have you been? How are you doing? Long time no see.

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pooka should be glad to hear that.
[Laugh] Funniest thing I've read all day.

Seriously, Ela, Hobbes warned us that someone had stolen someone's ID at the start of the last mafia game so I changed my password over there.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Even funnier than deep dish bikini pizza?
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
That was nauseous. [Razz]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I usually use the same password for everything, but since that would be giving grenme and sake my password for Hatrack, I didn't want to
Just for your peace of mind, Katie, I don't think that the sakeriver user database is any less secure than the Hatrack database, so really the only person you have to worry about getting your password from sakeriver is me, and I wouldn't ever do that. But even if I were so inclined, the passwords are encrypted, so I couldn't get it anyway.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Ah. My ignorance of forum technology is exposed.

What's more embarassing is that I signed up on Hatrack as just about the first thing I ever signed up for on the interenet, and I had no idea I could change my password until it was well-drilled into my head. So the password is one of those funky combinations of letters and numbers that means nothing.

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Brettley!
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unmaker
Member # 1641

- posted      Profile for Unmaker   Email Unmaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what damn use this is, since I've mainly just been lurking for months now, but this calls for a DB strike. Any place that embraces Cedrios over John is a place I need to stay the hell away from. So, for now, I'll be seeing you guys.

Adios.

Posts: 1144 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I hope we still see you at GreNME David. [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Of COURSE you'll see him at GreNME. GreNME is the forum for people who really, really dislike Cedrios and want to talk about how Hatrack isn't what it used to be. [Wink]

(In all seriousness, I know John does his best to suppress exactly that phenomenon -- for which I respect him a great deal, BTW. That his forum still frequently functions as a place where Hatrackers can be snarky about other Hatrackers without having to post it here is despite his best efforts, and I think will eventually change.)

[ April 30, 2004, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, no, actually, GreNME is a place where I can have the largest number of posts. That's its only purpose.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Of COURSE you'll see him at GreNME. GreNME is the forum for people who really, really dislike Cedrios and want to talk about how Hatrack isn't what it used to be.

(In all seriousness, I know John does his best to suppress exactly that phenomenon -- for which I respect him a great deal, BTW. That his forum still frequently functions as a place where Hatrackers can be snarky about other Hatrackers without having to post it here is despite his best efforts, and I think will eventually change.)

Careful with the persecution complex, Tom. I haven't seen Grenme function as a gossip catalyst -- on the whole, members there would be equally willing to voice their complaints on Hatrack as they would be on Grenme, regardless of the subject matter.

Of course there are the occasional exceptions -- my one and only, to my recollection, would be my gripe about how Pete of Ornery annoyed the hell out of me; but I told him as much to his face -- but that hardly makes gossip or snarkism a defining or memorable quality of Grenme.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.