FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Whats everyones age ?? (Page 0)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Whats everyones age ??
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 

Has anyone else ever noticed that people under the age of 21 will say that "I'm almost 18" rather than plain old truthful "I'm 17?"

Look around and just try to find anyone over the age of 40 that says "I'm almost 52." We hold on to that number as long as we can!

I got a phone call from my mother on my 35th birthday. She called me again the next day with a really nasty comment. She said "How does it feel today to know that you are now closer to your 50th birthday than your 20th?"

Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's because everybody wants to be as close to as 21 years old as possible, whether they're younger or older than that. [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
julian
Member # 6540

- posted      Profile for julian   Email julian         Edit/Delete Post 
>>Look around and just try to find anyone over the age of 40 that says "I'm almost 52."

It's not so difficult. My birthday was on may the 29th. I'm 54, but I'm almost 53.

Posts: 28 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Year is a vistigial time measument based on solar cycles.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
When my mother turned 25, her mother said "How does it feel to be a quarter of a century old?" My mother replied "How does it feel to be the mother of someone a quarter of a century old?" My grandmother shut up really quick. [Big Grin]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
Nineteen and Eleven months, but you're only as old as you feel so....seventy.
Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
They so do, Nickita. [Wave]

I'm a couple of weeks away from 21, myself. [Razz]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tonatiuh
Member # 6052

- posted      Profile for Tonatiuh   Email Tonatiuh         Edit/Delete Post 
I am 14 I think im the youngest here. dont judge me [No No]
Posts: 18 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherdess
Member # 6115

- posted      Profile for Shepherdess   Email Shepherdess         Edit/Delete Post 
Proteus, I'm hoping that you just had a bad week--please don't tell me you always feel 70!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 29, and I actually feel younger than I did when I was 19. I think its because I've learned to relax--it wasn't something I was taught to do as a child, so I had to learn the fine art of enjoying life after I became an adult.

Posts: 107 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetchik
Member # 3609

- posted      Profile for Wetchik   Email Wetchik         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Kylie, you're so... old.
[Taunt] jk

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
Deep down, I'm about eight years old.
Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Silly people, celia was BORN in '60... So that would make her around 44 or so. A shame I was a year or two too late in joining Hatrack, or else I would have sent her a bouquet of black balloons.

Feyd Baron, DoC
Who happens to be 24

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed something. All threads concerning age are started by young people (usually 18-years-old and younger).

For the record, I'm 29 and can't wait to be 30. [Party]

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
FoolishTook -- when do you turn 30? I turn 30 here in August.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
In August as well. August 6th, to be exact.
Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Celia's 40? I thought she was 44!
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
The 60 is actually 1860, so i'm approaching 144 this year.

It's a good thing Architraz is so cute. He gets to keep his life and his manhood inspite of rubbing his youth in my face.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherdess
Member # 6115

- posted      Profile for Shepherdess   Email Shepherdess         Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't mind me asking Celia, what is the significance of 1860 (besides being the year you were born?)
Posts: 107 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
144 years old? Ew, gross....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

FoolishTook -- I am 3 days older than you! We need to throw a party.
celia60
Member # 2039

What could be more significant than my own birth?

*quizzical expression*

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Your own death?
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
You think she died 144 years ago?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't that explain a lot?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Are we playing that questions-only game?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

No, I don't think that. I'm just answering celia's rhetorical question -- what is more significant that celia's birth?

Of course, I am assuming that celia will obtain a greater level of fame of infame.

ArCHeR
Member # 6616

- posted      Profile for ArCHeR   Email ArCHeR         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, are we?
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

No.
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

quote:
FoolishTook -- I am 3 days older than you! We need to throw a party.
Sounds great! All the hatrackers could send presents, too. It's not every day you turn 30.

And to commemorate such special days, all gifts should cost $30,000 or more. [Big Grin]

celia60
Member # 2039

I celebrate one, the rest of the world celebrates the other. I prefer the one where I get cake and don't much care what parties you're thowing when I'm gone. [Wink]
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
15 ad may i just add that freshman year in high school is horrible especially for boys
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IComeAnon
Member # 6657

- posted      Profile for IComeAnon   Email IComeAnon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I am 14 I think im the youngest here. dont judge me

I'm 14 too.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
19 [Big Grin]
Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PresbyGirl
Member # 6655

- posted      Profile for PresbyGirl   Email PresbyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
21 and enjoying the, um, rights gained at 21.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
great googly moogly. I'm an old broad compared to you kiddos..

32 and a half, thanks [Smile]

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
53 but not a Grandma yet. You are all adopted and in my will.
Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Excellent! Can I have the jewelry?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, I hope you are into the Gothic, black leather, spikes,and all that. . .
Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

No . . . but that's what ebay is for! [Big Grin]
Achilles_de_Flandres
Member # 6672

- posted      Profile for Achilles_de_Flandres   Email Achilles_de_Flandres         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 132, (seriously, it took me one and a half hours to type this message)
Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
isoman2kx
Member # 6673

- posted      Profile for isoman2kx   Email isoman2kx         Edit/Delete Post 

12 days away from being 18

[Smile]

looking forward to voting this year as well for the first time.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manz7
Member # 2877

- posted      Profile for manz7   Email manz7         Edit/Delete Post 
Will be 56 next month. Is it me or is the crowd pretty young ? Hey, the main thing is we all have something in comom - that transends time & age - it's called OSC. What a great writer. Case closed.

Have fun & heal yourselves !

Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm twenty-two, and the factors are prime numbers.

Then again, the factors of every number can be prime numbers.

But I'm sure there's something special about my age.

There's something special about this thread too....I never see a/s/ or l threads make it this far.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Manz7 -- no, we're not all young..

The rest of us just don't want to post our age! [Big Grin]

That way we can get by with acting like kids.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
(Farmgirl is 93.)
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manz7
Member # 2877

- posted      Profile for manz7   Email manz7         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, thanks Farmgirl. Maybe I shouldn't have been so gullible to put my age on. Anyway, we all understand that what one says on here could be totally diferent from what they say.

But, I maintain - it's all about OSC . (period)

Just have fun.......

Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that camp has started for the summer (okay, it started three weeks ago) I am 154. I was born on June 15, 1850. And thanks to the new director, we can't use our real names anymore. [Grumble] My new name is Bean. Except to all of my campers from previous summers, who insist on calling me my real name.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteDuckTape
Member # 6678

- posted      Profile for WhiteDuckTape   Email WhiteDuckTape         Edit/Delete Post 
Some might think me young, I get carded all the time. But my hair has been greying since the ripe old age of 16.
Oh... yeah... I'm 22.

MidnightBlue!!! That's my favorite crayon color! Cool!

[ July 09, 2004, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: WhiteDuckTape ]

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

MidnightBlue is my favorite anime theme song. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.