FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Zoe Lyanna Card (Now With Pictures!) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Zoe Lyanna Card (Now With Pictures!)
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, and welcome to the world Zoe! [Hat]
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cali-Angel-Cat
Member # 8799

- posted      Profile for Cali-Angel-Cat   Email Cali-Angel-Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! [Smile]
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

Hmph. Can the next one be named Valentine? [Razz]

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I love new babies!
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Zoë Lyanna Card = [ZO-ee lee-AN-nah CARD]

Thanks for all the congratulations, everybody! I can attest that she is absolutely adorable, with a full head of thick, dark-brown hair, inquisitive eyes, and the cutest little smile. We actually had nurses telling their replacements on the next shift, "Remember to check the Card baby's vitals, her bili levels, and her amazing CUTENESS!"

To answer Joldo, no, we're not naming any of our children Ender, Valentine, Peter, Lanik, Ansset, Patience, Jazz, Alvin, Itzak, Deaver, Diko, and for heaven's sake not Stevie [Angst] so don't even ask. (I guess we could do a sort of name-exchange program ... Joss Whedon and George R. R. Martin could have grandkids with those names, and we'll keep the ones we've got.)

Both parents are doing well, too, by the way, with the proper mix of overconfidence and paranoia. Heather is recovering beautifully, and I'm re-learning how to change a diaper. (The poopy side faces INWARD when you wrap it up, right ..?)

[ December 12, 2005, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: A Rat Named Dog ]

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, I get to learn how to change a baby diaper too! hopefully for my February baby cousin. if my aunt lets me.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Zoe Lyanna Card! and congratulations to the Card house!

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!! there is not much in this world, if anything, better than the birth of a beautiful new baby!
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silent E
Member # 8840

- posted      Profile for Silent E   Email Silent E         Edit/Delete Post 
Felicitaciones
Posts: 202 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to the whole house of Cards!

Happy zeroeth birthday Zoe.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky_Sean
Member # 6223

- posted      Profile for Lucky_Sean   Email Lucky_Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
Gratz to the new uncles and aunts as well (I love my niece and nephew [Big Grin] )
Posts: 129 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Congratulations! [Big Grin]

Her name is beautiful. [Smile]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw this news. Congratulations, Heather and Geoff. Enjoy your little bundle of joy. [Big Grin]

Congratulations to the proud grandparents, too. [Smile]

Guess you'll have to make more frequent trips out to Seattle. [Wink]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
To answer Joldo, no, we're not naming any of our children Ender, Valentine, Peter, Lanik, Ansset, Patience, Jazz, Alvin, Itzak, Deaver, Diko, and for heaven's sake not Stevie so don't even ask. (I guess we could do a sort of name-exchange program ... Joss Whedon and George R. R. Martin could have grandkids with those names, and we'll keep the ones we've got.)
[ROFL]
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBee91
Member # 7475

- posted      Profile for LilBee91           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!! Babies are the best, even though all they manage to do is eat, poop, cry, and occassionally sleep. [Party]
Posts: 46 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoy this time. They get older, and you wonder why you ever thought baby-hood was difficult.

*grin*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
majma2
Member # 6496

- posted      Profile for majma2           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kacard:
Zoe Lyanna Card was born Sunday, December 4th. Mom Heather and Dad Geoff are doing great as is darling Zoe.

Congratulations from the very proud Grandparents!

Congratulations to the whole deck of Cards!
Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I gave the baby the working title "Rosalita,"
So Geoff -- you're going to make her screenname on Hatrack "Rosalita", aren't you? To please your dad, and that way he can keep calling her that...

[Wink]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Sincere Congratulations!

I've always liked the name Zoe, I first heard at www.sluggy.com as one of the characters is named Zoe.

Best of luck with the new baby.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I first heard the name Zoe as the love interest/wife in the James Herriott books (sorry for any spoiler babies out there, but the books are like 20 years old now.) Also had a drama teacher named Zoe, and now I have a step mother named Zoe. All lovely people. Wish I'd thought of it. Instead we have Hannah 945789.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
pooka,
That's a very interesting last name. What is your ancestry?

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel Tov! And much naches to you all!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Congradulations! [Party]
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Congratulations, Geoff and Heather (and the proud grandparents, too)!
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

I always thought we had a hard time coming up with names, having to keep track of all the cousins' names so we didn't re-use them.... But you're starting off with a huge list of character names that are crossed off the list! What a challenge that's going to be. Fortunately, many of them are rather ... otherwordly. [Smile]

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear she's related to Orson Scott Card and Brigham Young!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pathos Bill
Member # 8144

- posted      Profile for Pathos Bill   Email Pathos Bill         Edit/Delete Post 
Big congratulations, Geoff!

Welcome to the cold yet oddly comforting realization that your parents love that sweet little grandkid WAAAAY more than they ever loved you.

Posts: 28 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can attest that she is absolutely adorable, with a full head of thick, dark-brown hair, inquisitive eyes, and the cutest little smile. We actually had nurses telling their replacements on the next shift, "Remember to check the Card baby's vitals, her bili levels, and her amazing CUTENESS!"
AWWWWWWWWW!

See what happens when I'm away from Hatrack for a few weeks? I miss great news like this! CONGRATS!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
I'm re-learning how to change a diaper. (The poopy side faces INWARD when you wrap it up, right ..?)
Yes, unless you have the foresight to use a diaper service. Then you don't have to worry about inside, outside, whatever -- just drop it in the pail and let them deal with it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to the Cards!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hats off to the Cards! Congratulations! [Hat] [The Wave]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome, Geoff. Congrats to you.

And don't worry, Scott. You're the Grandpa now. You can spoil her rotten then hand her back, no questions asked. It's a good place to be in.

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*stamps foot*

I'm still waiting for Geoff to post baby photos on his own web site. They don't even have the announcement of her birth up there yet! (must be having some sleepless nights) [Smile]

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. [Smile]
Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
must be having some sleepless nights
That's no excuse! We had e-mailed three batches of pics and Emma had her own web page by the time we got home from the hospital! [Taunt]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Once something is announced on Hatrack, it is announced everywhere and for all time. I thought you knew that.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you saying that little Zoe is a meme?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to all the Cards! That's awesome, wonderful news! [Smile] <also would like pictures>
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Some pictures (made available with permission, captions by grandpa).

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
That is one cute baby. [Smile]
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
She certainly is.
*bump*

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwww.... she has a cute nose. Her little finger is going to get mighty heavy with all those people wrapped around it.

Happy 1 month old, Zoe.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Zoe does have a head of hair! So cute.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Very pretty baby.

It reminds me of when my boys were first born and I watched them for hours at a time. Every expression, every hand movement, the whole body language thing became so precious to me that when I saw those same actions in complete strangers, I felt a connection to them.

Babies are very good for the world.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.