FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » jokes (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: jokes
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gwen:
quote:
What do you call an inapropriate, useless bump?

Seriously, I want to know.

I don't get this one either, if the second line is supposed to the punch line and not a request for an answer...
This thread was on the last page of the 45 day forum list. I just wanted to bump it. I know, it's not funny.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lynn johnson
Member # 9620

- posted      Profile for lynn johnson   Email lynn johnson         Edit/Delete Post 
Mike came home from golf, and Laura asked him how the game went.

"Horrible, worst day of my life!"

"What happened?" asked Laura.

"Well, on the third tee, Harold dropped dead of a heart attack!"

"Oh, no," said Laura, "Harold is dead? That's awful!"

"Oh, you don't know the half of it. The rest of the day it was hit the ball and drag Harold, hit the ball and drag Harold."

Posts: 121 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueWizard
Member # 9389

- posted      Profile for BlueWizard   Email BlueWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Flaming Toad on a Stick:
quote:
Originally posted by Gwen:
quote:
What do you call an inapropriate, useless bump?

Seriously, I want to know.

I don't get this one either, if the second line is supposed to the punch line and not a request for an answer...
This thread was on the last page of the 45 day forum list. I just wanted to bump it. I know, it's not funny.
Well of course, the answer is either -

a husband or a teenage son.

Couldn't resist.

Steve/BlueWizard

Posts: 803 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Knock, Knock.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheSeeingHand
Member # 8349

- posted      Profile for TheSeeingHand   Email TheSeeingHand         Edit/Delete Post 
Who's there?
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
Me.
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, I'm just trying to get someone to open the door.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
How many boring people does it take to change a light bulb?

Just one.

-

A string walks into a bar. The bartender glares at him and snarls, "You're a string, aren'tcha?" The string agrees that he is. "Well, we don't serve strings in here! Get out!" The string sadly heads for the door. As he leaves, he passes another string on his way in. "Don't bother," He says, "They don't serve strings." The entering string pauses, messes up his ends, hitches himself into a bowline, and proceeds into the bar. The bartender glares at him. "Hey, buddy, aren't you a string?" He snarls. "No," replies the string, "I'm a frayed knot."

-

A duck waddles into a bar, hops onto a stool, cocks his head at the bartender, and asks:

"Do you have any... Grapes?"

"Get outta here!" Snarls the bartender. (Lot of rude bartenders in these jokes.) "We don't serve ducks in this bar!"

The duck hops down to the floor, and waddles out.

The next night, the same duck waddles in, hops onto a stool, cocks his head at the bartender, and asks:

"Do you have any... Grapes?"

The bartender leans in until he's eye-to-eye with the duck, and growls "I don't like ducks. I don't serve ducks. And the next time you come here looking for grapes, I'm stapling your webbed feet to the floor!"

The duck hops down to the floor, and waddles out.

The next night, the same duck waddles in, hops onto a stool, cocks his head at the bartender, and asks:

"Do you have any... Staples?"

The bartender pauses, mouth open. Finally, he answers: "No, I don't have any staples."

"Then do you have any... Grapes?"

-

A bum walks into a bar and says to the bartender: "Hey, I love the world tonight! Get me a drink! Get everyone in the bar a drink! Get yourself a drink! Put it all on my tab."

The bartender shrugs and pours everyone in the bar a drink. As he finishes his drink, the bartender presents him the bill. The bum laughs and says "Heh! I haven't got any money!"

The bartender, enraged, grabs the bum by the scruff of the neck, slaps him around, and throws him bodily out of the bar.

The next night the same bum comes in with the same line: "Hey, I love the world tonight! Get me a drink! Get everyone in the bar a drink! Get yourself a drink! Put it all on my tab."

The bartender frowns, but finally decides the joker couldn't be so stupid as to pull the same stunt twice in a row, so he serves up the drinks. He presents the bum with the bill, and the bum laughs: "Heh! I haven't got any money!"

"What?!" shouts the bartender. He grabs the bum once again, slaps him around, and throws him out of the bar.

The next night, the same bum comes in and announces: "Hey, I love the world tonight! Get me a drink, get everyone in the bar a drink, put it on my tab."

The bartender sneers, "What, you aren't buying me a drink tonight?"

"No. I'm sorry, buddy, but you get violent when you drink."

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.