FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Instant Classic (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Instant Classic
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
:bump:

Classic threads can withstand even the worst of jehovoid's posts...though not without straining.

And now....more monkeys.

*releases half dozen monkeys, which run around and fling much poo upon the walls of the Instant Classic*

Time to get my Monkey-be-good stick.

SIT DOWN! THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT A CLASSIC!

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mister Spim
Member # 3847

- posted      Profile for Mister Spim   Email Mister Spim         Edit/Delete Post 
*sprays walls with firehose to remove monkey poo, and waxes them*

Now it's a shiny classic!

Posts: 182 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
...did you wax the poo or the monkeys?

Either way I'm telling PETA.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mister Spim
Member # 3847

- posted      Profile for Mister Spim   Email Mister Spim         Edit/Delete Post 
The walls.
Posts: 182 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

That would explain why the poo is not making a good candle.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Argus Skyhawk
Member # 471

- posted      Profile for Argus Skyhawk           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I wish I had something of more value to add to this classic thread, but I don't so I'll just take the time to point out that "Instant Classic" is an oxymoron. A REAL oxymoron, not one those joke oxymorons people feel obligated to bring up every time they explain what an oxymoron is, such as "Cafeteria Food" and "Millitary Intelligence." Yes, a "classic" is a work of art which has withstood the test of time, so an "Instant Classic" is a self-contradiction, but one containing an ironic truth, thus making it a true blue, non-joke oxymoron. That doesn't change the fact that this thread is undeniably an instant classic though.

Posts: 85 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Now Bob, you'll know that this is an instant classic when OSC threads quotes from this page throughout his new book, Hart's Hope: The Revenge of Beauty, and someone starts a thread to discuss his "borrowing" of your masterwork....lol :P:P

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Down with shampoo! Demand REAL poo!

If OSC ever borrowed from me, he'd probably tear his hair out and quit writing on the spot.

ALthough, wouldn't it be cool if the next time he wrote about "God whispers" he used some of the stuff from the "God you say" or "It's Sacrilicious" threads!!! LOL.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
*still waits for a decent answer*
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally a thread worth visiting!
I have always liked the classics...
Or rather a clasic

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadden
Member # 3745

- posted      Profile for hadden   Email hadden         Edit/Delete Post 
Those monkeys are starving!! Is no one feeding them??

::throws some monkey chow to the emaciated monkeys::

As for the Instant Classic, does it come in more than one color and have a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty?
Does it come with fries and a coke?
If I order now can I get a small travel version of Instant Classic?

:: picks up the phone to order::

--
Hadden

[This message has been edited by hadden (edited July 30, 2002).]

Posts: 111 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing about this "instant classic" is that it is available for free ($29.99 shipping & handling).

Call now 1-900-BIG-SCAM

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

<looks around suspiciously>
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
And, if you call within the next five minutes, you'll get the Instant Classic juicer and paring knife AT NO ADDITIONAL COST! That's a 2,355 dollar value...FREE!
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Oxymorons, isn't Science Fiction an Oxymoron? Science is based on Fact and THeory. Fiction is based on lies.

Take a deeper look.

Oxi, as we all know from those Oxi-clean commercials, means Oxygen Powered. Hence an Sciene Fiction writer is an Oximoronic Writer, or an Oxygen Powered Moron who writes.

Luckily all the good science fiction I read, like that by OSC is typed. He's a futurist.

I know this has nothing to do with classical threads, or class in general. Oh well.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Science Fiction: Lies supported by science? Seems a bit funny.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

So, you and the monkey are friends? Tell me, do you spank the monkey?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Did I kill this thread? I didnt mean to. I should be thrown away in jail.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
*calls the cops on T*

No! No! Not _Mr._ T! Augh....

*starts discussion on incompetence of government*

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadden
Member # 3745

quote:
And, if you call within the next five minutes, you'll get the Instant Classic juicer and paring knife AT NO ADDITIONAL COST! That's a 2,355 dollar value...FREE!

You'll also get a complete set of Ginsu knives and a RonCo food dehydrator. We'll also make a generous contribution ($0.35) to the Save The Monkeys Foundation.

Posts: 111 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuckles
Member # 2865

- posted      Profile for Chuckles   Email Chuckles         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else noticed that Disney movies are automatically classics? They describe each new movie as it comes out as "Disney's 37th animated classic" or some such thing. Insipid.

Take care
-Justin-

Posts: 999 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Please don't sick the monkeys on me. I will never ever derail a thread again, or even consider it nor attempt to consider it.

By the way, how do you spell the plural of Platapus?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
R-O-L-A-I-D-S?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadden
Member # 3745

quote:
By the way, how do you spell the plural of Platapus?

Platapi (maybe)... I just I know I like the sound of Platapi...
Are platapi grouped in flocks, herds, packs, or gaggles?

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm pretty sure the plural of platypus is platypus. Like deer and deer.

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Platypia.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Why do we care about it? I've never even seen one platypus; how likely is it that I get to see two?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

p=.0000004325

Kama
Member # 3022

Are you saying this is very unlikely? I think you are, but I'm not quite sure.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

IT LIVES!!!!!! Perhaps I could use this evidence in my court appeal.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

How much time do you have? that was the probability per "instant" of your life. Quick!!! Turn around! What was that?!!! A platy... Nah, just a dust bunny. But oooh! Crickey! What a thrill.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

i killed it again didnt i?
Mister Spim
Member # 3847

*takes out defibrillator*

*swipes*

CLEAR!

<BZZZT>

*swipes*

CLEAR!

<BZZZT>

-------------^^---^--^--^--^--^

Looks like it's gonna stabilize..

-Paul

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Paul
Member # 3904

- posted      Profile for Paul   Email Paul         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good!
Posts: 1360 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

--Shhh!! Do you hear that?!

It's ticking!

IT'S A BOMB!! DON'T PANIC, EVERYBODY!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

T_Smith
Member # 3734

quick, tell your monkey friends to make a monkey blanket on it to protect us.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

I CAN'T!! I'M TOO BUSY NOT PANICKING!!!

(not too panicked not to worry about misspellings)

[This message has been edited by jehovoid (edited July 31, 2002).]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

This is no time to not panick!
jehovoid
Member # 2014

I think one of those stupid monkeys pushed the panic button.

Anyway, Bob, you made this thread:

Red wire, or blue wire?

Paul
Member # 3904

Who would do such a horrible thing, bombing such a classic thread. It's just senseless vandalism.

Oh, where could Superman be... better not be napping!

-Paul

Posts: 1360 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

stupid insomniac! get your butt over here and save us. dont make me call batman!
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, you know that no thread is a classis until Slash posts on...

Aw crap.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Yes, this thread is classist.
Paul
Member # 3904

Oh man, we're close to the third page of classicy goodness!!!

-Paul

jehovoid
Member # 2014

All classics get better with age.
Kama
Member # 3022

I thought I saw a platypus

999. Goal accomplished

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Ta da!!!

3 pages of classic goodness indeed!

Paul
Member # 3904

Classic!

-Paul

(sig >

[This message has been edited by Paul (edited July 31, 2002).]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Congradgulations!

You have been chosen as one of 5 finalest. Just send 50 dollors with your name phone number and credit card to

Suckers R Us
P.O. Box 435
Provo, Utah

Or call us and tell us your credit card number. Its all the same!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.