FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Instant Classic (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Instant Classic
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
The next proof of this thread's classic-ness is its ability to last for two months, say July and August. Will this thread last until that neccesary second month? Stay tuned to find out.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey look, it made it into August!!!

CLASSIC!!!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Of course this thread is a classic!

Where do I park my bandwagon?

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
They do indeed die hard.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Park the band wagon over on the left, near the trampoline. That way everyone can jump on.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Weekend posting. How classic!
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Boogers and snot

this post brought to you by "useless information"

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I decided to play god and not let this die.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
She wasn't dying...she was just sleeping. You just have to :bump: her a bit...
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

This thread is not a dog, since we didn't let her lie while sleeping.

If I don't make any sence, what can I say--I should be working now.

jehovoid
Member # 2014

It's back! How classic!!
Frisco
Member # 3765

Man...back when this thread was started, it was the COOOOLEST!

Those were the days.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

So its a she is it?
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Where's Bob been?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Back from the fifth page...it's......THE INSTANT CLASSIC!

batteries not included.

Seriously...I just need a thread to talk about monkeys...and rather than start a new one, I can revive....<reverb>THE INSTANT CLASSIC</reverb>...kill two birds.

So I saw a monkey today...and it had a baby bonnet on. THESE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAVE A MONKEY! Monkeys should have mohawks.

That is all.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps it had a mohawk under the bonnet.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

No, no...I checked. It was more visor-like in its bonnetness.
Hobbit Squad
Member # 3365

- posted      Profile for Hobbit Squad           Edit/Delete Post 
*gives everyone a wedgie*
Posts: 64 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I just have one piece of advice...

Don't have a cow, man.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

'Cause I'm in the mood to ::bump::

Even classics have their down times.

I suppose it WAS a little irresponsible to let this drop to the 69th page.

I just didn't want the death of the Instant Classic to be on Bob's conscious.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

It is the nature of Instant Classics to quickly fall out of vogue -- like a candle that burns too bright.

But only a rare few become iconic of an era, and thus enjoy a much-deserved renaissance at some future time.

This is just such a thread.

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been trying to limit my postings to those most deserving.

This indeed qualifies.

Now after reading that, take what you think it means and turn it around and read it to mean exactly the opposite. Then twist it a bit to the left, and top it off with a little powdered sugar and maybe you'll understand me. Ah, the confusion of my written words.

I have not been dipping into the khaula coffee creamer! I'm just getting all my silliness out of me before the year is up. I plan on being literate, serious and brave in the upcoming year.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

So...NO silliness at all???

I think you've been seduced by the Dark Side.

Who are you and what have you done with Tammy?

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
an instant classic.... like color-safe bleach
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I missed the instant classic over the summer! But now I can appreciate all of its classicness (classicity?), if not its instantness (instantity? insanity?--wait, I know how to appreciate insanity already...instantitude?).
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baldar
Member # 2861

- posted      Profile for Baldar           Edit/Delete Post 
Classic like my velvet Elvis painting I picked up in Tijuana?
Posts: 6449 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Yes, like that, or like Dogs Playing Poker

Tammy
Member # 4119

Back to the subject...I Miss Monkey...will most likely always be silly.

No matter how hard I try to change...alas..I was born a silly girl...I'll remain a silly girl.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Ah, but you are classicly silly, and that's all that matters.

jehovoid
Member # 2014

Someone should paint a picture of Elrond and call it velvet Elvish.

Bad pun! Classic!!

Tammy
Member # 4119

Ah...at least I can claim to be classic in someway. Life is really, really good.

I'm also classically clumsy. I just dropped my keyboard on its head.

It's these classic early hours I keep.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Velvet Elvish...Ah, that IS classic.

You know what else is classic? This here thread, that's what!

Lavalamp
Member # 4337

- posted      Profile for Lavalamp           Edit/Delete Post 
I was an instant classic. It's overrated. Trust me.

Posts: 300 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this thread. It is much better than Cats. I'm going to read it again and again.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

A bump from page 26! Classic!
Frisco
Member # 3765

Now in its second year!!!
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Getting older! That's so classic!
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
The egomania that went into assuming that this thread would become a classic...MAKES it a classic

*puts on Mozarts "The Magic Flute"...because that's just SO Classic...al.*

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Classic Als:

Roker
Fresco
Imony
Legory
Ledge

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Frisco!

Remember when you said this:

quote:
We want our children to be posting to this thread! But not our children's children, because I don't think kids should be having sex.

and so I said this:
quote:
That IS a classic.

and so you said this:
quote:
Oh...buttering me up, are we...coming back to grovel and beg for forgiveness after ripping me so soundly for a good joke that you happened to be the butt of....

and then I rejoinded with this:
quote:
I just mean you ripped it off of SNL.

and then we determined this:
quote:
(Frisco - when will the hurting stop between us? Will our children have to meet secretly in the night so as not to incur the wrath of their vendetta-obsessed parents?)

Do you remember? Do you? That was cooooool.

[This message has been edited by Ralphie (edited February 10, 2003).]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

(Instant Classics must always be quoted.)
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

As much as I'd like to grace this thread with my humor and wit, I think your responses and attempts at the same would taint the reputation of one of the greatest threads of all time.

It's good to see you've sobered up enough to post, though.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

This is a classic battle between evil and even more evil!

Frisco
Member # 3765

What? Ralphie and her drinking problem?
Ralphie
Member # 1565

And, see, here I thought you bought me all those drinks in that seedy bar because you LIKE me.
Frisco
Member # 3765

Likewise, I thought you kept flashing me for the same reason rather than as an exchange for more drinks.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Well, I guess we both got what we wanted.
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a classic example of Ralphie and Frisco making things up for a joke
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bumper Car
Member # 4981

- posted      Profile for Bumper Car           Edit/Delete Post 
::Vroom, vroom::

Bump!

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

A classic bump by a classic amusement park attraction. The layers of classicness just keep building and building.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.