FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I had forgotten what it feels like... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I had forgotten what it feels like...
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
...to hold a girl in your arms. Its been about a year since my insane relationship, and tonight was our Homecoming game.

It was cold and raining.

Me and my friend, we held each other for about an hour or two. It felt awesome, like I had been truly happy for the first time in months. Just being with her did that to me.

You know, its the subtle touches, the tighter holds, the caresses...

Well, sounds like I'm in a pretty romantic mood, eh?

Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! I know how you feel, dude. Remember Tuck everlasting? That girl is awesome. I too, had almost forgotten it. Feels great, eh?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
Jerks.
Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marce al'Meara
Member # 1027

- posted      Profile for Marce al'Meara   Email Marce al'Meara         Edit/Delete Post 
Even if there's nothing romantic involved, even if it's your best friend of the opposite sex, there is something calming and peaceful about a long embrace like that. Always makes me less lonely when I'm in a "dry spell"--between relationships.
Posts: 1248 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
::launches self face first into sidewalk::
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
awwwww how sweet

yes, physical touch is so underrated. Hugs are as important as food and sleep.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I am currently comfortable with my life as a confirmed bachelor.

Now stop making me experience discomfort. *scowl*

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know you could forget.

I sure can't.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Think "suppress"
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somedeadguy
Member # 3759

- posted      Profile for somedeadguy   Email somedeadguy         Edit/Delete Post 
whew, from the title of this thread I was thinking this would be about onanism *relieved*

That aside, I've never been much of a huggy or cuddly person. I only hug people when I see that they need it, never does anything for me...

...and what's up w/ all of the romance threads popping up around here lately?

Posts: 738 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they're trying to make some of us jelous! Grrrr!

Hobbes

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
Think "suppress."

Ah, denial... I know you well...

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Twinky, do you know denial too? We have a mutual acquaintance!
twinky
Member # 693

Denial and I are great buddies. We frequently shoot the breeze over a cold one or three.
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
deadguy, I have a theory about the prevalence of people needing physical affection lately: it's because the weather's getting colder, and people keep each other warm.

You might notice around March and April people's toes thaw out and they decide that they can do without their current hugmate.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is because of the cold weather that some people find the need to hug.

However, my case is just a little different. I don't think the "thawing out" in March and April thing will happen to me.

Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
SDG, you're pathetic..romance is cool..maybe you just want to disregard it on purpose..tsk..

Someone's embrace is always so unique..especially when it's someone you like. When my bf puts his hand over my shoulder and then he has to go away..you just miss it..It's that special..

[This message has been edited by Maethoriell (edited October 27, 2002).]

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
::jealous of Mae::
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
*Is jealous of Mae's boyfriend*

Oups! How old were you again?

Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

LOL Tristan!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Girls are just so cuddleable... curvy and soft and smooth and... yum.

...but for now, I think I'll be content to feel good when girls hit on me, and continue to exit stage left before they can try to give me phone numbers.

Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

Bastard rock star.
twinky
Member # 693

It has nothing to do with being a rock star.

I'm just not interested in the committment thing right now, and as such I've sworn women off until I can sort out just what it is I actually want.

Centurion
Member # 3956

- posted      Profile for Centurion           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not real hugable.

A flaw on my part.

And a girl just gave me a fat lip.

I'm having a good day.

Posts: 717 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

Welcome back Cent.
Pixie
Member # 4043

"curvy and soft and smooth and... yum."
LOL. So that's what all the guys are thinking when they stare.

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I had always wondered!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
So that's what all the guys are thinking when they stare.

Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

Hehe. Damn, now they know..

Well, here's Homecoming part 2.

Things that I learned:

1) It doesn't matter how tight a girl is with your semi-girlfriend, she can still be all over you (snort)

1b) You are able to resist that girl

2) You can spend a lot of the dance bored, and have one good, last slowdance make it one of the best nights of your life

3) You can have jealousy melt away and everything other horrible emotion during that last slowdance

4) You can get STDs by dancing

5) You can dance to hip-hop and house music when you listen to punk and emo (heard A-ha's Take On Me remix...laughing while dancing)

6) And that school dances give you the amzing need to go to church the next day

All in all, it was a great night.

pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
twinky: That's why you find girls who are equally avoidant of commitment.

Ah, Guavaween. The joy of being surrounded by drunk, shirtless, muscular men and pretty goth boys. Mrowrl.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to sadies with a girl other than the one from Tuck. Im not sure how I felt inside, but I persona'd a happy lively attitude. Im not sure if I was happy, depressed, envious, prideful or what.

Anger was there, but I tried to subside it for the girls sake. Afterall, why should I be mad at her or around her. She didn't do anything.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ae
Member # 3291

- posted      Profile for ae   Email ae         Edit/Delete Post 
Love is nice. Touch is nice.

Life is nice.

ae

Posts: 2443 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Yummmy.....touch......yumm....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Whiteshoes
Member # 2951

- posted      Profile for Eddie Whiteshoes           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
4) You can get STDs by dancing

Dude, whatever dance it is that yer doing, yer doing it right.

Posts: 1743 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I like to just hold hands.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
You can dance to hip-hop and house music when you listen to punk and emo

Of course you can! I'll bust a move on the dance floor as easily as the next guy, especially if they're playing house... even though rock 'n roll is my bread and butter.

Good thing you learned this lesson in high school; I didn't learn it till I was going into third year university.

quote:
That's why you find girls who are equally avoidant of commitment.

See, that opens up a whole other can of worms. I did the super-casual one-time thing once, and learned that that isn't really for me either, because the intimacy just isn't there. When I was cuddling/making out/whatevering with the last (and first) girl I fell head over heels for, every little touch and caress was... *shivers* mmmmm. Sensual.

Can't get that from casual things.

What I figure I'll do is become a 2-3 date cutoff kinda guy so as to avoid falling for anyone. That way I can still meet women and learn about them and what makes them tick without the bad mojo of the one-time casual thing and without shooting myself in the foot by falling for someone.

Foolproof, right?

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
agreed, Storm. Holding hands is nice all by itself.
Of course, that's if you have someone to hold hands with...::sigh::

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I save my hands for a rainy day. I find vinegar preserves them quite nicely.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Leonide, are you saying that men aren't lining up to date you?

*gets in line*

porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
hip hop and drum and bass aren't the things i listen to the most, but they are the thinks i dance to the best! heh. if it works, i'll groove my arse off to anything.

ditto on the intimacy thing. i don't like the casual makeout. i am an intense person, i need intense, and if it isn't intense chances are i will do everything in my power to make it so. unfortunately this means falling for someone i wouldn't have ever fallen for in my right mind, and also not really enjoying anything i'm doing if i haven't fallen.
my ex boyfriend (still good friend) and i were discussing group sex the other day (i am sooooooo sorry to derail this way, but i realy am going to make a point) and i was saying that i really just didn't think i could be into it because sex and other serious displays of physical affection are just so emotional for me. i have to be emotionally tied to really get into it, i WANT to be emotional, and it MAKES me emotional. and i am selfish in that area. i want to focus all on one person and have them focus on just me. i would rather have really really intense sex with one person than drunken wild sex with four other people.

so i guess i am kinda where twinky's at, sort of avoiding the serious, but things get dramatic no matter what i try. and i have had a hard time even feeling like dating because aforementioned ex boyfriend and i still have strings connecting us in the chest area; a little to the left.
and perhaps a litle lower, too. heh.
*sigh*

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

*nods*

Agreed.

...as to the ties with the ex, I still have them as well, but I figure that I wouldn't be doing myself any favours by sitting around and pining or missing her. I may not be over her, but I do know that there are plenty of good matches out there for me whenever I'm ready to let someone else in.

Nothing gets you over the ex one like the next one

(...nothing gets you over someone like getting under someone else )

Or something. I dunno.

dspeyer
Member # 758

- posted      Profile for dspeyer   Email dspeyer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Holding hands is nice all by itself.
Of course, that's if you have someone to hold hands with...::sigh::

Yeah, somehow holding your own hand just doesn't work. Too bad, we've got two of them.

Posts: 643 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

twinky, the 3-date cutoff is eeeeeeeeevil.

I dunno, I've been able to find enough meaningful contact through casual making out and such. But they're usually more than one-time things with me. Like, a friend (or two..or three..) who lives far away that I can't see all the time...or someone else who wants closeness but is too squicked by relationships...usually due to experiences similar to mine...but who doesn't want to lose that sort of tactile connection that can be so reassuring.

It doesn't work for a lot of people..but I've found that for many people I've met, if you openly discuss things like that it can work pretty well.

Besides, it helps me forget how much I miss other people.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Evil, you say? On which end?

The trouble is that since I'm moving every four months, I can't really keep coming back to the same person unless I meet someone at school. For example, if I meet someone this term, I'll probably never see them again after Christmas because I don't plan to come back to this town.

...that's precisely why, when I met a bright, cute, witty girl who is down in the "radical left-wing anarchist" (at least according to Geoff's political test ) camp with me a couple of weeks ago, I made a graceful exit before she could give me her number.

pH
Member # 1350

*stabs twinky*

Evil on your end. Why not just _tell_ them you don't want anything serious?

-pH

twinky
Member # 693

...because then they'll assume I want something casual, which is also not the case.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Admit your villainy-save yourself now, while you still can!
twinky
Member # 693

But there is no villainy yet! I haven't implemented the three-date protocol, I'm just planning to.
pH
Member # 1350

Premeditated villany is even worse!

-pH

twinky
Member # 693

Well, what else is there to do in my situation? I don't see any other solutions.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.