FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Hatrack Historical Research Archive (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Hatrack Historical Research Archive
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
yup. he appears to be a DaOSC guy. hardly a worthy opponent.

2038 has never posted and 2040 does not exist.

how does 2040 not exist? banned? perelandraed?

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
My double's just some guy named "Ryan" who made four posts then disappeared.

How disappointing.

Although if you multiply my user-number by 20 you get snowden

At least I remember him.

[ March 24, 2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Troubadour ]

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
My double is LockPW, who's relatively new, it seems.

...at least I've been around long enough to *have* a double. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Badhousewife
Member # 4934

- posted      Profile for Badhousewife   Email Badhousewife         Edit/Delete Post 
So does this mean you could find my previous IDs? I tend to forget them. I think I've only had two, one of which was in Battle School so I have no idea if it's all one deal. I only made a couple of posts with the second one, which was right after EnderCon. I did write down this ID and password in my journal. [Razz]
Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.. amazingly enough, I'm the double of Jesus Returns who is the double of Bblloodd.

So, when jesus returns twice, you'll get me.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^Saudade^
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for ^Saudade^   Email ^Saudade^         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, I do remember you.

This ID is actually my second ID on the "new" forum. I registered Saudade before, but I lost my password.

I arrived on hatrack somewhere in 1996 if my memory is correct.

Posts: 1449 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
In fact, you were number 72

Damn you.

Another one earlier than me... lol

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somedeadguy
Member # 3759

- posted      Profile for somedeadguy   Email somedeadguy         Edit/Delete Post 
*blinks* there's a dead girl? With a better poker hand then me even... All the sudden this alias seems cheap and violated. [Frown]

Atleast their registration number is later then mine, I was the first deadperson™. I think I'm gonna drop them an E-mail and find out who the mysterious minion is.

Also, to maybe help out in this historical archive:

quote:
...and didn't see a significant increase in trend until the summer of 2002.
Summer of 2002 was Endercon. That probably explains atleast some of that spike. I know that's why and when I registered...(has someone already mentioned that?)

[ March 24, 2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: somedeadguy ]

Posts: 738 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, talk about fascinating... Too bad I should be writing a paper now [Smile]

I have 11 multiples (n›1), and have seen the profiles of each of them [Smile]

2 = Lotus, with a grand total of 11 posts.
3 = Stradling, with 5. This one is actually crazy, because he's a Physics grad student (poor soul) here in Madison who did undergrad at BYU. He probably knows one of my favorite professors here, too [Smile]
4 = Dominix, with 7.
5 = Violation, with 2.
6 = GhostofJohnKeats (2)... wonder who that is? [Wink]
7 = Quinn, with 0. Didn't he post?
8 = Rajani, with 75.
9 = Kit_Fisto, with 0, that crazy Jedi.
10 = Kimberly Silva, with 19. I remember her too.
11 = :God, with 1...
12 = elisheva's_mom, with 6.

That adds up to... 128 posts for my multiples.

My half... is siddhartha. With one.

This is too much fun; I need to stop.

[Edit to correct math. Stupid me.]

[ March 24, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Carrie ]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^Saudade^
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for ^Saudade^   Email ^Saudade^         Edit/Delete Post 
And that's because I took my sweet time to register onto the new forum too.
I could have done it earlier, but I was too lazy to.

Posts: 1449 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
http://web.archive.org/web/20020203032701/www.hatrack.com/forums/old/main/t1.cgi?m=1003&t=1000

Too bad it doesn't completely work. I would have enjoyed reading some of the discussions.

[ March 24, 2003, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

http://web.archive.org/web/19981202133419/www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/Ultimate.cgi

We didn't get a neat seperate forum asking us how we liked our new software! [Wink]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
Meep!- How do I find out who my half is!? I'm a stupid non-multiplier...

~Sir Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Haha!

Time to do some interesting math with my number...

My double is almost exactly one year later than I, has not posted any...

[ March 24, 2003, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
Double = DragonRank Master (#1858)
Triple = deerpark27 (#2787) [Razz] Hehe
Quadruple = goth lebowski (3716)

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Pepek, if you divide yourself by 7, you get 359, which is alvinender... if that's any consolation. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnHansen
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for JohnHansen           Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason I think my post count stopped incrementing a long time ago.
Posts: 398 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnHansen
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for JohnHansen           Edit/Delete Post 
Then again, maybe not. I haven't been able to make sense of how it works.
Posts: 398 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
John! It's good to see you. When I came back to the board last summer after my mission, you and aka were the screen names I missed seeing the most. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
My multiples:

2814 - Ela* - 0 Posts
4221 - Sugarspun - 4 Posts

For a grand total of Four posts...

Slackers

Feyd

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I couldn't find my half or my double, but my triple , 3283 is Sunflower with a grand total of 8 posts! [Wink] Then there's the quadruple with 3 posts...but then it's Ralphie's clone, so I'm not going to complain.

[side note]it seemed that I had to try every search twice to get results. Is that just me?[/side note]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Especially since I am Ralphie Clone [Wink]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...

1441 LenaWessel 8 posts
1442 ieboy 0 posts

[ March 25, 2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

- posted      Profile for KEGE   Email KEGE         Edit/Delete Post 
Khav,

I tried the links but they are only for the old AOL forum. I still don't understand where you went to see the forums from 1999 and forward in order to amass all your data! Can you point me to those old discussions?

Thanks,
KE

Posts: 874 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
my descendants are Dobie and Borommakot.
[Smile]

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't trying to impress anyone just wanted to see if suadade remembered me is all. also to see if she was the suadase from the old VBS.
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyby
Member # 3630

- posted      Profile for flyby   Email flyby         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Hatrack has been around a long time. This is cool. I like learning the history of our forum.
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Where are the archives from after the forum got moved? It seems to stop at Dec. 1999...was there a gap? Where is 2000-2001? I'm curious and can't find them myself.
Khavanon
Member # 929

KEGE,

Actually, all the data I collected are in the records for registered members that carried over to this site. I don't know exactly how many of the people on the old board had their names moved, some or all of them maybe. I know a lot of them were deleted for one reason or another. The easiest way to rumage through the records is to go into a person's profile, look at the URL, and modify the member number. You can also do a search, though I think it'll only pull up people who've posted in threads that still exist.

Narnia,

I'll get a list for the 2000 people pretty soon. I'm actually a couple of hundred names from being done, I just have to do it.

[ April 02, 2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Khavanon ]

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
<--*Is incredibly impressed with all the work that's gone into this* [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

quote:
For some reason I think my post count stopped incrementing a long time ago.

Then again, maybe not. I haven't been able to make sense of how it works.

In case anybody hasn't noticed yet, the post count you have listed in a thread will not change until the thread is updated (posted to). It will be up to date in your profile.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
<--*Didn't notice that*

code:
2*:  BF_Blitzkrieg       (2 posts)
3*: KeolinPortara (1 post)
4*: miriku.kami (2 posts)
5*: TheBlueFairy (36 posts)
6*: JK (39 posts)
7*: harkesy (0 posts)
8*: Thread Killer (11 posts)
9*: SIash the Berzerker (3 posts) (Note:there's an I instead of L in Slash)
10*: rothko (3 posts)
11*: Lovemyspirituality (0 posts)

Hobbes [Smile]
Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

I forgot my quintuple, which is ForgottenCreature #4645.

my 2x has 0 posts.
my 3x has 129 posts.
my 4x has 10 posts.
my 5x has 3 posts.

Narnia
Member # 1071

Khav, where are you getting this list? From the archives or just from the membership numbers? Are the archives from 2000 and 2001 lost? *sniffle* I hope not!! 2000 is when I registered and there are some great things from that year! [Wink]
KEGE
Member # 424

- posted      Profile for KEGE   Email KEGE         Edit/Delete Post 
Khav,

I tried to follow your directions, but .... back in 1999 MOTO had to work extensively with me before I could even [Smile] !!!

Like Narnia, I'd like to read the discussion threads from late 1999-2001. But embarassingly, I need something akin to a clickable link [Roll Eyes]

Now of course I can just click on an "Instant Graemlin". Now THAT is progress.

PS Narnia, I think I remember you a bit because I loved your name. My daughter was way into the Chronicles of Narnia about that time and whenever you posted, I always pictured Aslan.

Posts: 874 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I originally registered in Nov or Dec of 97 when I first got online. I mostly lurked then, even more than I do now [Big Grin] I remember the BML. I joined shortly after the switch from AOL.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

KEGE!! I remember you! You were on my favorite books thread back in the summer of 2000. [Wink] I'm baffled about WHERE they're hiding the archives from that year? Do you know where it is and/or how to get there? You mentioned that you were attempting it and I have no idea how. I'm computer inept. I'd love to see them though.
Jeni
Member # 1454

I tried finding KEGE's thread about aka's asteroid destroying planning, but I guess it is long gone. [Frown] It was probably one of the most-bumped threads though.
Narnia
Member # 1071

One of my most favorite threads of all time was the "www" discussion thread. We were trying to figure out ways to say "www" in a more efficient way...and the resulting discussion was one of the highlights of my Hatrack experience. I even printed the whole danged thing out and referred some of my non-Hatrack friends to it so they could read and laugh. I would love to find it in its entirety.
Khavanon
Member # 929

quote:
Like Narnia, I'd like to read the discussion threads from late 1999-2001. But embarassingly, I need something akin to a clickable link.
All those threads are extinct. The only thing left of the older posters are their profiles. Hatrack has gotten so big that they've had to cut the forums down to the last few months. You come in and see there are some hundred thousand posts listed in this forum, but there have been far more than that over all. Unfortunately, the forum doesn't keep the post records. They do manage to give us the topic numbers though.

So I can only give you the links to the profiles.

Jeni
Member # 1454

The best you could do is try taking some times to look through the internet archive. Even there most of them don't work, though.

Narnia - I remember reading that thread. Whether I was just looking back at old threads and found it or whether I was actually here for it, I don't remember. [Wink]

Narnia
Member # 1071

So, let me try to understand. They have the threads from the old board, but since they switched over to the current UBB board, the threads haven't been saved anywhere? So that was January of 2000 or thereabouts...and NONE of the threads have been saved since then? Once they fall off the cue on the main page they're gone forever? *dramatically puts her hand to her forhead and faints* That is truly a shame. [Frown]
Khavanon
Member # 929

A lot of us thought so. But I guess little could be done. There were probably close to a half a million posts overall (average 30 posts per thread according to the count in the forum contents, 14,500 threads since the start).
Narnia
Member # 1071

Oh. Ouch. I was hoping that I was WRONG in my conclusion, but you just confirmed it and now I'm crushed. Forever. And it's all your fault Khav. *slumps*
Khavanon
Member # 929

I live to make people cry. [Wink] Actually, I'm saddened as well. <sobs>
Khavanon
Member # 929

If anything, I wish we could have voted for threads that could be immortalized. That would have been a good trade.
Narnia
Member # 1071

Oh, can you imagine that? That could have turned ugly really quick...people canvassing for votes to keep a particular thread alive...yeesh. [Wink] I am just blown away that we don't have any of those threads any more. I had no idea that they were just...gone....*starts sobbing again* I've got to stop thinking about it. *sniffle*
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
That's why I only post on the BTQ thread. That bugger will be around forever.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Yeah, if we keep that thread alive, we'll all become immortal Jatraqueros. *goes to post on BTQ*
Khavanon
Member # 929

If we keep that thread alive, we're gonna run out of Hatrack.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.