FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If I like Josh Groban and trade crepe recipes with another guy... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: If I like Josh Groban and trade crepe recipes with another guy...
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we could start making OSC greeting cards.

"Many consolations and support for the pain without which you wouldn't know who you were."

"Even if I could change time to erase a terrible event, I'd still meet and love you."

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Their moderator deleted my apology, but left a couple of my burninations. What's the deal with that? Sheesh!

But anyway, I like the idea of benefits and newbie training. I mean, what newbie doesn't need training?

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
Deleted the apology???

Perhaps the recruiting ought to take place on more...fertile...ground. If you know what I mean.

Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, um, in their defense, as far as they know, we ARE trolls. We DID post on their board just to get 'em riled up, right?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
But if they'd read our thread, they'd see we aren't TROLLS. Weirdos, sure, but trolls?
Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! Jon Boy got banned!

That's fine work, son. Fine work.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

I'd go over there and register my "Hatrack" sn, but I'm too afraid that they wouldn't let me try to explain. Unless maybe I planted the explanation in a post full of psuedo-stalker Grobanian praise.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we should all go to various sites and try this. I may try the John Tesh site.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
What would really be funny is if Josh really *did* read that thread, and he happens to be a Strongbad fan and appreciates good Trogdor burnination.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, I wasn't banned. I assume I would've received an email from their moderator if they were banning me. I'm just wondering what's up with the random post deletion.

I was wondering the same thing, Belle. But I doubt we'll ever know.

Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised they deleted three posts and left three. How odd.

Of course the only ones they left up are the ones with the links to here...

::gives Jon Boy the evil eye::

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

This is everyone's fault but mine. I blame Caleb for telling me to link to Hatrack.

[ April 10, 2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

I will gladly take some of the blame for trying to invite complete strangers into an inside joke and watching Jon Boy get banned for it.

I wasn't doing anything else, anyway.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I feel I should point out that I haven't actually been banned. They just deleted a few posts, that's all.
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

Well go back there and muck it up about Josh, then! Gah.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

As much as I would love to burninate all of Grobania, I would hate to do something that would get me in trouble at Hatrack.
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

Don't be rude, be pleasant. Go back and explain (our)selves. Tell them Josh has a fan base at Hatrack and it spilled over into their forum as a heartfelt internet joke. It's not like you spammed their forum!

Invite them over for crepes or something.

Oh, and link them to the Burnination game on homestarrunner.

And definitely refer to them as Grobanians. And register a new Hatrack name: Grobanian Burninator.

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
You could always post semi-seriously there, but at the end of each post burninate. Also, droll wit would likely be more acceptable than straight off burnination.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

There. I invited them over for crepes. We'll see if anyone takes us up on the offer.
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Link, please?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Jon Boy, I couldn't find your new post - did they delete it too?
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

The navigation on that board is a little funky, I think. Anyway, here is the new link. It seems that old links won't show the new posts (notice the "start" and "stop" numbers in the URL), so you have to go back and get the new URL.
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright David Bowles, you have a lot of explaning to do...

[Eek!] [Eek!]

link

[Eek!] [Eek!]

[ April 10, 2003, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Pat ]

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Tell! Tell! It didn't work!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

try it now..

**is horrified**

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. There's a lot of Josh Groban stuff on that page, even for a fan BB.

Why don't we have a "Cardonite Group Hug" ring of smilies? It just doesn't seem fair.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
We haven't invited you in yet, Ralphie. [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Pat that was mean! [Mad]

Apologize to David.

Pat
Member # 879

**innocent look**

What are you talking about?

Pat
Member # 879

Let's just say it's payback for an april fools day joke I fell for....
Belle
Member # 2314

And What's up with their "I want to rub your llama thing?" [Confused]

Do we need Papa Moose to help explain this one?

I wish someone would come over from their forum to talk to us. I mean, we're not really trying to be ugly, quite a few of us here like Josh.

Somebody post an anonymous nick and password so they can post without having to register! The only one I know is General Sycophant and I don't want to tarnish the General any more than he has been lately.

Pat
Member # 879

And it's all in good fun... if it's too mean, I'll delete it.....
Cynicism
Member # 4804

- posted      Profile for Cynicism           Edit/Delete Post 
That whole website is just frightening. I had no idea that Grobanites existed. Now that I know, the world seems a more dangerous place.
Posts: 59 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

That's why Patrick is my hero.

Hey, I just noticed that they deleted my post again! I try to invite them over for crepes, and that's the thanks I get. Pshaw!

[ April 11, 2003, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

katharina
Member # 827

Patrick, that's just wonderful. Now, link so Niki can see it. She'll be so proud!
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Patrick, you are dead, sir.
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

"Many consolations and support for the pain without which you wouldn't know who you were."

"Even if I could change time to erase a terrible event, I'd still meet and love you."

katharina, I adore you. These are brilliant.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

David ... David, David, who knew you were such a fan-boy? [Big Grin]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I think my favorite comment was "Do you believe in memes? Cause I do."
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Belle, I also liked the "Please respond quickly --" signature. It captures the essential earnestness, naivete and gosh-darn-boyishness of DB so accurately.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
CT needs to quit her silly job healing sick people and post all the time.

And David needs to stop leading a dual online life!

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Rakeesh, I've just been discussing life plans with my husband, and I think that after my last year of residency (e.g., after June 2004), I'd be much happier with a primarily academic job.

I'm slowly burning out, and I don't like the Miss Crabby-Pants Effect. I miss the soul-healing time with my friends and alone reading, and I miss you guys a lot, too. But I wouldn't have traded the work experience for anything -- it's taught me a lot about myself and this profession, and I hope to put that to good use.

Just be able to sleep most nights, too. [Wink]

*warm hug

Mama Pimp
Member # 3485

- posted      Profile for Mama Pimp           Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, just cuz you all confused bout yo sexuality don't mean you gots to drag ol' DB into it. You know, he been bitchin' to me bout how you stalkin' him and so forth, how you all declarin' yo love for him in longass emails wit' poetry and such. Boy, you gots a fambly already! And yo religion frown on that sorta thing, from what I unnerstand. So buck up, boy! Act like you like doin' the dirty wit' mamis and not wit' thugs, yo.
Posts: 42 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
DB's deft usage of the rolling smiley makes that post even funnier.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

Another example of good headline usage.
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Um.

If listening to "gay" music, or the music of gay artists, makes you gay... then I am sooo gay.

I won't listen to Josh Groban for fear of going all creepy-Mrs.-Robinson on his adorable little--

*Clears throat*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

This is my favorite katharina-ism of all time. Every time i read it it makes me laugh. [Smile]

[ June 20, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Leonide ]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

This whole thread is one of my favorite Pat-isms or all time. Ah, the memories.

Hey, Pat, you still owe me five bucks.

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Nutella is made in Italy. I'd recommend staying away from chocolate spreads made in Turkey, Israel or Greece. The ones from Austria and Spain are okay but vastly inferior to Nutella.

And, ummmm, where's Pat's crepe recipe? I wade through all the Groban-crap and all there is is some weird thing from Jon Boy with apple juice?

[Actually Annie's recipe looks great as does T's, but his is chocolate. I'm a purist.]

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah and...

Crepemaker? Jeez, kat, these are crepes not tortillas. The only proper thing to use is a cheap, battered crepe pan.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.