FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You know how some people just really need an ass kicking? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: You know how some people just really need an ass kicking?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
I would like to know how they managed to get their hands on ELEVEN innocent children? Did they never get home visits?

I have a friend who is a foster parent. She says that the caseworker is supposed to visit at least once a month. Besides the initial pre-placement visit, she has never had a visit.

She is constantly getting called by the caseworkers, begging her to take in another child, always last minute, always in a desperate situation. She lives in a one-bedroom apartment, and has said that she can not handle more than one baby at a time.

She is a wonderful, loving, and responsible woman. But honestly, how can the caseworkers know that? They never supervise her. I worry about foster parents who may not be as able as she is.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oy. [Frown]

Don't get me wrong. I am more than aware that caseworkers in most areas are completely overloaded. And I don't doubt that many foster parents are as wonderful as your friend. But clearly, not all are.

Another sad comment on where we, as a society, spend our resources. [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
There were several stories in the news in TX last year about children dying either in foster care or being placed back with parents. Reportedly, in all the cases the social workers weren't checking in, and in a couple, the parent/foster parent had left repeated desperate messages with the social worker that never got answered in the weeks leading up to the death. [Frown]

Another indication that we really need to make it possible for social workers to do their jobs effectively.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I just read another article. Apparently, the parents now claim that a psychiatrist recommended that they make the kids sleep in cages. >_<
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
If so, the psychiatrist should be charged as well.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Darn straight. If it's true, he should also have his license revoked.
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
How can people do this?

Case #1

Case #2

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Those are pretty hideous, Mama.

I'm still stunned what the first guy calls 'a mistake'. And his disassociation with parts of his body, blaming that part of his body for the 'mistake'. [Eek!]

The mother was hardly more than a baby herself when she had her daughter. It makes me wish we still had a strong social more for young unwed pregnant girls having the baby quietly ("she's off visiting her aunt while she recovers from a bad case of mono...") and giving it up for adoption.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He told police that while changing her soiled diaper, a part of his body "made a mistake" and he had intercourse with the toddler. Turner said he ended the assault by kicking the child in the head, because she wouldn't wake up.
What? WHAT!? Just...WHAT!?

I'm in some kind of cyclic state of disbelief. That level of cruelty and stupidity is simply above and beyond. Definitely a good candidate for a particularly severe ass kicking.

WHAT!? [Eek!]

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.