FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » prayers for Saudade (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: prayers for Saudade
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Saudade is in emergency surgery right now and I'd like to ask people to pray for her, those of you who pray.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::hugs neice::

::gives cheetos for a speedy recovery::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Please update us on her progress...
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Here's to a quick and painless recovery, Saudade:) God be with her and her child.

Is there a room # where a card or something could be sent? Any idea if she'd be out before they got there, or something?

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

I'll let you know as soon as I hear. She's still in considerable danger now and not in a room yet.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
She has my prayers, for whatever they may be worth. [Frown] Please let us know as soon as you know something. [Frown]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
She has my prayers and wishes.

What happened?

(I have my fears, but they are unfounded so far.)

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
She has my prayers.

We love you!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Saud)))
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Be sure to keep us updated. I'll be praying for her.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
I am praying right now. What is the matter with her, Anne Kate?
Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course she has my loving good thoughts and wishes.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
((Saudade))
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
praying.
Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Saudade)))

*prays*

Oh, man. I hope you're okay, Saudade!

[Frown]

[ July 13, 2003, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I will pray for her, of course. What happened ?
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Saudade)))

(worries)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Saudade)))
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
*prays*

God be with her and her husband and child.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surf N Stream
Member # 5312

- posted      Profile for Surf N Stream   Email Surf N Stream         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Saudade)))))

(This is Avadaru)

I hope everything is ok, and that you get well soon.

[Frown]

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
(((saudade)))
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
:: sends huggle vibes ::
Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
May the Lord heal your wounds and comfort your loved ones.
Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::starts praying::
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

Thank you, all of you, for your prayers and love. I will convey it all to Saudade. She's out of surgery in the ICU now and they think she's going to be okay. She had severe abdominal pain and fainted and collapsed this morning. Andrei called 911 and they took her to the ER where they found no heartbeat or signs of life from the baby. Her blood pressure was very low and her pulse was extremely rapid, so they took her into emergency surgery, and had to take the baby which was already dead. [Frown]

They plan to keep her in the ICU overnight and then move her to a room. I'm planning to go down there Tuesday to be with them. I'm so sad about the baby but very thankful that Saudade is alive.

Has anyone ever known someone this happened to? It is outside my experience.

[ July 13, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: ak ]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh...that's terrible. Man, what can I say? I hope she recovers well.
No, I haven't met someone with this experience. It must be SO hard.
Still praying for Saudade and Andrei...

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
oh man, this sucks. saud, i love you. ::prays some more::

i dont even have words to express here, please tell saud that im thinking and praying about her and....man this just sucks, i dont know what else to say.

--ApostleRadio

[Frown]

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

That's awful. Tell her she's in my thoughts, will you Anne Kate?

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
That is horrible, Anne Kate [Frown] I'm very sorry for Saudade's and Andrei's loss. I hope she recovers completely and quickly, and that together Andrei and Saudade are able to overcome this blow as best they may. If there is anything that can be done to make even the smallest of dents in their sorrow, please let us know.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] how horrible for them.

I'm glad they have each other and you to help get them through this. I'm so glad Saudade's OK.

[Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Saudi and Andrei* I'm relieved that Saudi's going to be all right, but the baby... [Frown] ... I don't know what to say...
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
<sends hugs>
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad that the surgery went well. I am so sorry that they've lost their baby. I hope they will be comforted through this ordeal. *big hugs to both of them*

I don't really know anyone to whom this exact thing happened, although my mother had an ectopic pregnancy (had to go into emergency surgery, almost died on the table, and lost her baby), and an aunt who got toxic shock from a baby who died in utero. [Frown]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, my God. How awful. Tell Saudi and Andrei that I'm sorry... *big hugs for both* [Frown]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
That's terrible. Please send my condolences.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
They will be in my prayers tonight. [Frown]
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

still praying.

[Frown]

I had a friend who had a stillborn baby, and the thing is, people kind of stayed away from her for a while, giving her space. That was the wrong thing to do. Express your sadness and give them love. Offer to help out with concrete offers (like "May I bring you dinner on Friday?" or "Would you like me to call your family about this?" that sort of thing). Be present, that's the most important thing.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I am very sorry to hear about the loss of the baby. [Frown]

My younger sister had a miscarriage last year. It was a lot more natural -- no rushing to the hospital or anything -- but she did have a D&C a few days later. We all took it very hard. I actually left work the next day after only two hours because I couldn't stop crying. Lori quickly got pregnant again - my neice Avery Marie is due to arrive Sept. 16th. [Smile] I also have a friend of the family who had three miscarriages in between the birth of her four children.

I will pray that Saudade makes a speedy recover, and send my strength and love for her, Andrei, and their loved ones that they may be strong in this difficult time.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, Andrew and I know exactly what Saudade and her husband are going through. I am so, so sorry.

For me, it helped to talk to people who had gone through the same thing. Those were the only people who made me feel at all better. If Saudade ever wants to email me, please tell her that she is welcome.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown]

Best wishes for quick recovery!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown]

That's so terrible... I don't know what to say... I'll be keeping her in my thoughts.

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Oh no...

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh god, Saudade, Andrei, I'm praying for yall.
*HUGS*
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Losing a baby is a heart-and-soul-shattering experience. So glad Saudade will be ok. I barely know anyone here, and my miscarriage was much earlier and less dramatic, but she has my sympathy and empathy!

Oh, and of course, she is in my prayers.

[ July 13, 2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.