FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » prayers for Saudade (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: prayers for Saudade
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, everyone. I know it will mean a lot to Saudade. Mrs. M., I'll tell her what you said. I know it's going to be hard for her. I'm just so relieved that Saudade has made it through the most dangerous time that I don't think I've even realized yet what this really means.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*cries*

Oh MAN.

I am so so sorry.

(((Saudade))) Glad you're okay.

*prays more*

[Frown]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Saudade, I'm so sorry. You have my thoughts and prayers.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh God...

Can we do anything? Is there an address to send cards?

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so very sorry to hear about this. I hope she recovers well. She'll be in my thoughts.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
no saudlet?

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

::hugs neice and andrei::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bookmastr
Member # 4475

- posted      Profile for bookmastr   Email bookmastr         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Saud))))
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will be praying for you. I hope God will watch over you. ANd your husband.
bookmastr

Posts: 33 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

(((((((((Saudade)))))))))

[Frown]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Please convey my condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with the whole family.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
ak, please let Saudade and her husband know that I will be praying for them. I'm so sorry to hear about their baby.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
((saudade and family))

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I miscarried before my boys were born.
The one thing that helped me survive the loss was talking to my doctor and mothers who had miscarried. They helped me realize/believe that as long as I kept myself healthy, there was no reason I wouldn't be able to to give birth to a healthy baby.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

I'll ask if it's okay to post their snail mail address for people to send cards or whatever.

They are saying they may release her from the ICU tomorrow to go home.

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
((saudade and family))

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Take good care of her right now. When we had our miscarriage I was so relieved that my wife was well I did not mourn the loss of our son. This hurt my wife more terribly, creating a gap in our relationship that took years to mend.

This sad situation can also lead to depression. Please keep an eye on her for us, both of you may want to attend some counseling, definately plan and attend a funeral for the child.

I'm sorry. NOw is not the time to go into these details. You have my deepest sympathies for your loss, and my heartfelt congradultions that Saud is going to fully recover.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

(((((Saudade)))))

A family friend of ours went through something like this recently. I can't imagine how painful it would be. [Frown]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

I'm so sorry.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry. [Frown]
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Big hugs and prayers to Saudade and Andrei. I am so sorry for their loss, but glad she will be okay.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Oh my...Anne Kate, please extend my condolences to Saudade. My wife and I know what she is going through. Before the ticklet was born, our first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. We were both devastated, we wanted kids so bad. To be stuck in the hospital yourself is horrible. If she needs to talk, let me know.

(((Saudade)))

starkiller@gamesmaq.net

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

I am so sorry. I don't know what to say.

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Saudade)))

Oh, Saud, I'm so sorry.

I haven't the words.

[Frown]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
This is horrible.

I am, however, incredibly thankful that Saudade is going to recover. I hope her emotional recovery - and that of her family - is not far behind.

*hugs all of you*

I am so, so sorry.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AndrewR
Member # 619

- posted      Profile for AndrewR   Email AndrewR         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, too.

I am not one of those who normally prays.

I will for you guys.

Stay strong.

Posts: 2473 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Not exactly a pray-er at the moment but I will keep Saudade in my thoughts.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BebeChouette
Member # 4991

- posted      Profile for BebeChouette   Email BebeChouette         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 334 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
ak,

Please pass on my condolances from me and my family. I personally have had this experience happen twice and 3 of my close friends have has a similar occurance in the last year.

I cannot pretend to know how Saudade feels at the moment, but please let her know that there are friends she may not know who will help however they can.

I will pray, I will think, and I will pray more. Please help Saudade find peace in this difficult time.

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I prayed for your family, and hope you can help her. Everyone seems to grieve differently. When I lost my first baby, I took my own recovery for granted and couldn't understand why DH was hesitant to try again. 11 years later we have 3 lovely children. Still can feel that terrible loneliness praying for her, though.

Tricia

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qsysue
Member # 5229

- posted      Profile for qsysue   Email qsysue         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry to hear that. But glad to hear she'll be ok.

Everyone give their loved ones a hug tonight.

Posts: 374 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

Thanks so much for your prayers and wishes, everyone. She is doing better today. Saudade and Andrei don't want me to post their snail mail address online, but if anyone wants to send any cards here to me, I will get them to her.

Anne Kate Ard
404 Art Hanes Circle
Birmingham, AL 35213

She's still in the ICU and won't be going home for a few days. I'm going down there tomorrow afternoon.

[ July 14, 2003, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: ak ]

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
ak,

Please let Saudade and Andrei know that I am sorry for their loss. I can't imagine what they are going through right now. They are in my thoughts.

May they gain strength from the love that surrounds them.

{{{{{{Saudade and family}}}}}}}

They are blessed to have such a good friend.

[ July 15, 2003, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: larisse ]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

I'm on the way down to visit her today. I will convey all your thoughts and best wishes to her.
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Her husband and her are in my prayers and thoughs.
(A lot of hugs for both of them)

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OlavMah
Member # 756

- posted      Profile for OlavMah   Email OlavMah         Edit/Delete Post 
*adds hugs* Hope things are all right, Saudade!
Posts: 700 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm here and she's getting much better today. They've got almost all the tubes and wires unhooked. She's down to her last dozen and no longer resembles a cyborg. She's released to a regular room from the ICU today but they are now waiting for a room to free up. She's hobbling around again already and is in good enough spirits to be cracking some jokes. I conveyed to her all your love and prayers and messages and I know it meant a lot to her.

Aragorn is being a great host here for me, making me feel right at home by sitting square in front of the monitor while I'm trying type. [Smile]

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. And to all my grandminions, I want to say that your evil mistress is already bossing us all around again so have no fear, all is well. [Smile]

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
<Extremely glad that Saud is recovering well.>

Olav! You're still lurking about? Great to see you!

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
Please pass on our sadness and prayers. Losing a child is such a hard thing to go through. Please tell her we love her.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Ak for the update [Smile]

(((((EMoD, Ak and Andrei)))))

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to send her a package tomorrow.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::Hugs Sis, Neice, Andrei and Aragorn::

I'm glad Saudi is doing better, and i hope she can go home soon.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the updates Anne Kate. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of their baby. I'm SO grateful that Saudade is doing better though. What would we do without her? Please send my love along...
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel so bad that I haven't been around that much lately. Suad seemed so happy aboutt he baby besides the usual pains...*tear*

Thanks for the address!

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
*floats a flower down the stream for Saudade and her little one*

((((Saudade)))

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Prays to her and her family.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

- posted      Profile for KEGE   Email KEGE         Edit/Delete Post 
ak,

I'm just back from 2 weeks vacation.

What happened?! How far along was Saudade? What have the doctors said is the cause of death of the baby? And the cause of almost killing Saudade?

My older sister lost 2 babies who died at birth from a genetic kidney defect. It's important to the parents that people talk about the baby (did they name and bury him/her?) as a real person who has died. Not as just something that didn't quite happen. They need to go through the same grief process as anyone who has suffered the loss of a loved one.

My prayers are with them all.

Posts: 874 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

I think I will leave those things for her to tell if she wants to. We're very sad about the death of the baby, of course. Particularly I wish we could have had a chance to tell him how much we loved him before he was taken away from us. How much fun stuff we were planning to share with him, and all the spoiling and pampering and silliness and attention we wanted to shower him with. All the time we wanted to spend with him and all the cool toys we wanted to buy him and then play with ourselves if he would ever let us have a turn. I wish he had known that, if only for a short time.

But mixed with that is my overwhelming joy and relief that Saudade's going to be okay. I'm back home now but I talked to her on the phone this morning and she will most likely be allowed to go home today. I love her so much! My precious girl. My jewel. My window of light. I'm blessed and more than blessed to have her, and nothing can mar that joy.

[ July 18, 2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: ak ]

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Smile] [Frown] [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

- posted      Profile for KEGE   Email KEGE         Edit/Delete Post 
ak,

didn't mean to pry about details. sorry.

i hope that saudade will be able to recover quickly and that the parents will be able to grieve over the baby's death.

i also hope that one day they will be able to have children to enjoy all those things with them.

Posts: 874 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

KEGE, I didn't think you were prying. I always want to know everything and understand everything and I'm sure I drove Saudade crazy while I was there with my quizzing all her doctors and nurses and checking all her meds and looking up medical information. I know Saudade appreciates everyone's concern, and she'll be back online herself I'm sure, soon. So there's no need for me to tell more. I'll just leave it to her.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.