FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Smackdown in Dallas (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Smackdown in Dallas
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I will be in Dallas on August 4th through the 6th. I will be taking training classes, but my evenings will be free.

Anyone in the Dallas area who wants a piece of the Berzerker, sign up here.

[Smile]

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*dazzled* Hey, cool!! TAK, did you see this?

I would love to see y'all jam. Maybe there will be music? If not from y'all, from somewhere else? There's always Deep Ellum.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*grin* Talk about the mountain coming to Mohammad...
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it... I'll be in Dallas on the 8th. Stupid universe and its crappy timing.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone is hereby invited to my house. Bring Swimsuits. Raw beef and fine alcohol will be provided. I can probably find some decent music to go see as well.
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
ill be in dallas the weekend before that.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't you people get your schedules together? [Razz]

[ July 22, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I will email location information when I get it.
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

[Cool]
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Offlead says she wants to come too. She lives in Dallas.

We need to invited DB, even though he lives ten hours away.

katharina
Member # 827

Oh, cool! I get to meet Lead! Can DB come? *just looked at calendar* Dang it, that's not the weekend.
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Will you be here on wednesday evening?
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

In case I didn't make it clear, it's open invite for anyone traveling through Dallas anytime... e-mail me and we'll do *something*
Lead
Member # 918

- posted      Profile for Lead   Email Lead         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat, weren't you at the Endercon picnic last year? ;-)

Yes, I live here, and I shall not again miss a chance to meet the infamous Slash, so please count me in on any planned activities, official or otherwise. Sadly, after being fired from my job of five years, I find myself busier than ever. I'm currently hard at work on a contract job, and it's eating up most of my waking hours (and most of my sleeping hours as well). So when there are details, could someone drop me an email?

~~~Lead

Posts: 247 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
Was I the only one who thought of the Kennedy assasination when I read the title of this thread?
Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I could show up and me and Slash could duke it out once and for all.

Not because I don't like Slash, but because everyone here seems to think because the Lizard man can destroy me in a Hatrack popularity contest, this somehow makes him Hatrack's fightin'-est man.

So Slash, maybe I'll come to D.

Oh. Can you bring me a glass or two of the real absyinthe?

[Smile]

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Thor, I'd love to meet you guy, but I am way past the age of recreational brawling. At this age, someone goes to the hospital.

And no, you can't have my absinthe.

The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Thor, I'd love to meet you guy, but I am way past the age of recreational brawling. At this age, someone goes to the hospital.
...but...

quote:
And no, you can't have my absinthe.
Those are fighting words!!!

You see Slash, I've only got 2 drugs left on my

to do list...
  • Absinthe
  • Peyote
Why you no wanna help a brother out?
Is it because your lakers and your raiders suck?
[Eek!]
That ain't nice.
[Big Grin]
<T>
[Cool]

[ July 22, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: The Silverblue Sun ]

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

*Sigh*

I'll put you in the hospital if you force me to, but it's not my preference. [Smile]

I'd probably spring for a beer, if Texas has any good beer.

The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

They sell your faggy europeeing beer, if that's what you're talking about, but since you're going to be in Texas, we will be drinking margaritas!
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

I don't drink european beers.

I drink hearty NW micro brews.

And I love tequila, and for sure Texas must have good tequila. That would work.

The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

!!!!!!!TEQUILA!!!!!!!

um, T.A.K. is driving [Big Grin]

Lead
Member # 918

Mmmm......tequila! Slash, can't you stay through a Friday evening, so some of us won't have to be at work the next day?

~~~Lead

Posts: 247 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Like hell I am! we're doing this at my house!

I will, however, get some choice tequilas...

What say Jimador silver for 'ritas and Sauza Triada for shots?

Slash, you *have* had Shiner Bock, haven't you?

If you and Thor are up for it, I'll give you guys a kung fu laesson... it hurts as bad as a real fight, so you guys can pound on each other with proper supervision as to avoid a hospital visit.

[ July 23, 2003, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
TAK, why not just get some Amtgard swords... Let them beat the crap out of each other with PVC covered in foam. That'll really ensure no visits to a hospital.

And, even though it is the weekend afterwards, anyone doing anything the 9th or 10th of August. It looks to be the last time I'll be in Dallas for a while.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they say absinthe makes the heart grow fonder. I'm going to have to miss this Hatrack Picnic in Dallas. [Frown] You guys are invited here to Birmingham to the Last Hatrack Homely House anytime. Let me know when a week or so in advance and I'd love to have you.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Drop on by, Baron, it's not like we'll finish off two bottles of tequila on a week night...
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm jealous...
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

TAK, I have a second degree brown belt in Jiu Jitsu, so you probably don't want to try out your Kung Fu on me. [Smile]

But feel free to do a demo. I always thought Kung Fu was the prettiest of the martial arts to watch.

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I just like to remind all of you if that it's going to be a proper smackdown, somebody better be wearing a lycra bodysuit.

That said, I'm not going to even venture to suggest who that should be.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
My only suggestion is Not Slash.

Lycra is a privledge, not a right.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

I'm going to wear an alkaseltzer body suit, and, oh Slashie, I just pee'd my pants finding out that you have a gunmetal belt in jerk-jitzu.

Yeeeeeha!

I'm drunk already!

I've got a Von Erich Death Grip Eagle Scout Patch!

You're so hospitalized!

Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

I won't wear Lycra, but I wouldn't mind one of those fancy mexican wrestler masks like Strong Bad wears.
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

...and I'll wip off my amms wike homestah wunner!

StrongBad quote of the Day!

"So, do you have any super powers? And if you do, do you use them for good or awesome?"

[ July 23, 2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: The Silverblue Sun ]

Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, Slash I have always pictured you in one of those. [Smile]

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/SaleSearch?satitle=lucha+mask&ht=1&sosortproperty=1&from=R10&BasicSearch=

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Ummmm...

Thor?

Just as a side note, we WILL be at a nice families house. You might want to tone down the actual meeting a bit. Don't be a bad guest.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
And make SURE they know ahead of time. For emergencies, rely on your own wits.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

You don't want me in Spandex. I volunteer Katharina.

"Pretty" is not the word I would use to describe the kung fu I do... I can't do the flowery stuff, very bread and butter. But If you'd like to watch some nice stufff, our upper belt class is Tuesday night and you'd be welcome to come watch. Are you classical Ju Jitsu or one of the modern variants?

I'm thinking Monday night for the get together... any objections? We can drink good tequila, watch "Silverado" (the best western that no one's ever heard of) and talk smack till the wee hours... and in the morning, I'm makin' waffles!

P.S. - Thor, are you gonna be up for Mur's show at the lakewood this weekend?

katharina
Member # 827

Monday sounds great, and I want to come to the class on Tuesday. You never invited me. *sniff*

No spandex, though. Considering Thor is going to be there, and in light of his latest threads, I might come in a trenchcoat with security traps.

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

With Slash and I there to defend your virtue, ma'am? You don't trust us?
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

quote:
P.S. - Thor, are you gonna be up for Mur's show at the lakewood this weekend?
Where is lakewood???

I saw them here in Houston at the Rythm room last Saturday night. They were awesome!!!

We talked more about doing the video for "take the bank" - now the big problem is to find a small town bank that will let us shoot inside for 2 days....

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Lakewood bar and Grill in Dallas. They're doing a benefit for the memory of someone... I don't know who.
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

Slash the borker.
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Thor, if you are trying to get my attention by being a dick, stop it. I outgrew such 5th grade tactics.

I prefer to be romanced now.

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

So it's settled, then? Slash vs. Thor, Monday night at my house to see who, um, gets to be on top?

Did I mention to bring swimwear?

Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Ummmm...

I would prefer to avoid wrestling our resident nordic god if possible. He outweighs me by about 60 pounds. In mexican mask or not.

Just so no one gets disappointed, here are some pertinent facts:

In person, I prefer to take on a nice boring mammalian form.

When in mammal form, I am 5'11", 195 pounds, with dark brown hair and very blue eyes. I am utterly unremarkable in appearance.

Just so you know. [Smile]

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Well, if I can get my dreamcast working again, we can do it on "Soul Calibur".
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
<Puts on an outfit inspired by Jeffrey Getzin, and sets up a candlelit dinner with a good northwestern microbrew and fresh newbie-in-an-intro-thread.>

Hey, Slashy.... [Wink]

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lead
Member # 918

Hey Slash...I wanted to check in and confirm with you today. I was up all night working, and I'm heading home soon to crash for a good while, so I might not catch you on instant messenger. You've got my cell number, so if you need anything, call. [Smile]

~~~Lead

The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

boota
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.