FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Smackdown in Dallas (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Smackdown in Dallas
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
So how was the big event?

I really wanted to go, but

#1 - Katharina has accused me of being a creepy, sicko, stalker who thinks he's god.

<<<None of this is true, I'm weird not creepy, I'm smelly not sicko, and a stalker? I've never even sent her an e-mail???!!!??? {sure she's got great eyes and pillow lips, but hey so do about 100,000 women in Texas, this ain't freaking buffalo or arkansas} and as far as being God, um, duh, I didn't create the Earth, The Sun and the Moon, AND I can't even conjure up a girlfriend or a good job, do you really think I think I'm god? double duh.>>>

#2 - I've been forbidden to ever lay eyes on Slash the Berzerker. He's afraid I'd stalk him to.

(what is it with you people???)

So how did the SMACKDOWN go????

<T>

[ August 06, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: The Silverblue Sun ]

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say extraordinarily well, except after a couple of shots of Del Duenos, Slash started leaving scales laying around.

I made them sit thorugh one of my songs, the trailer for "The Passion", a Farb-Rausch demo, and "The Final Flight of the Osiris". In return for which they paid many undeserved compliments to my house (undeserved because it isn't mine), provided excellent company, and gratefully consumed my hamburgers.

A very pleasant night overall.

[The Wave]

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
Who all attended?

Did you get photoes?

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
No head was booted? I thought you were going to give them a kung fu demo of sorts?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't want to take advantage of Slash's weakness for fine tequila (I had never had Del Duenos-- it's excellent)... besides, he has reach and physique advantages on me so I took the better part of valor.

Off Lead got along amazingly well with my beagle, Sailor.

She, also has the pictures, so it may be a bit before they are publicized.

It was just Slash, Kat, Off Lead, and me, but I think we all hit it off pretty well and had oodles of good clean fun, though I probably talked about myself too much...

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
TAK fails to mention his four astonishingly good looking kids and his wife who was very pleasant about having her house invaded.

His music was just fine. The demo was amazing. And he didn't talk about himself more than anyone else did.

As to my physical advantages, I think they would be of less value than TAK intimates. He being built like a short kodiak bear. He made me think of that funny canadian commercial where the bear is using kung fu to fight that fisherman. I picture him as the bear. [Smile] His calves alone made me think he could stand on his tip toes while an abrams tank was balanced on his head.

If Sailor could have figured out how to talk, I'm sure a marriage proposal to offlead would have happened immediately afterward. I've never seen a dog that enamoured of anyone.

Kat makes me think of my aunt Julie.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lead
Member # 918

- posted      Profile for Lead   Email Lead         Edit/Delete Post 
TAK does indeed have a beautiful family and home. He and his wife were terribly kind in opening up their home to strangers, and we had a wonderful time. And while I'm fond of most dogs, Sailor is an exceptionally fine fellow, kindly willing to let a stranger scratch on him all night.

Oh, and while TAK did not demo for us, his son did. [Smile] Mighty fearsome.

It was ever so much fun to visit with everyone, and I'm glad I got a chance to know Kat better, since I don't think we got the chance to do more than exchanged greetings last year in Utah. Now I have someone to go to movies with here in Dallas! [Big Grin]

I believe Slash may have tried to hide from me at the airport, but I spotted him in spite of his having turned the cap I was watching for around so I couldn't see it. He was very polite about it, however, and in spite of his disappointment in me let me tag along with him.

I am indeed the holder of the pics, but I've been busier than proverbial long-tailed cats this week. (Not to mention what staying up WELL into the night visiting has done to my sleep schedule!) I've got to work on a couple projects tonight, but once I've met these deadlines I'll see what I can dig up off the camera.

~~~Lead

Posts: 247 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Just thought I'd correct Slash-- I'm much more "Pooh" bear than Kodiak. I may have a low center of gravity, but I am rather soft... [Smile]

Thanks both of you for the kind words. It was a blast having you around.

Oh, and for anyone who wants to see the "demo" slash was talking about (it was a 64k graphics and audio demo) you can get it here.

It's only 64k, but you need a decent system to run it because it unzips into nearly 2GB of audio and 3d rendering. Enjoy all!

[ August 09, 2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kat makes me think of my aunt Julie.
You know, looking at Kate's pics again I can totally see that.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I had an absolutely wonderful time getting to know everyone. I already knew TAK and his wife and kids - who are adorable. Slash reminded just of himself and slightly of my middle brother when my middle brother is being charming and sweet. Lead was a blast, and yay! Movie buddy! [Smile] It was great.

So where are the pictures? Did I miss them?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lead
Member # 918

No, you didn't miss a thing. I'm just extraordinarily behind on my List O' Cr@p To Do. If I don't remember to send them out tonight, please nag me about it!

~~~Lead (going straight back to her work)

Posts: 247 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

<nag>

per request

Lead
Member # 918

Thanks!!

Sadly, I did not simply forget that I was supposed to do this last night. I did not even simply get caught up in work stuff and let it slip my mind, nor even just not get around to it. No, last night I spent the entire evening trying (successfully, I hope) to get the blast worm off my system, and restore the system to a functioning, stable status. Stupid worm.

I hope I'll have better luck tonight!

~~~Lead

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Lead, [Wave] long time no see. How are your dogs doing?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lead
Member # 918

They are well, thanks! Bogart is getting quite on in years, but has survived another round of weight loss. He's a bit cranky some days, but then, so am I. *G* The Girls are as well as always. Hope yours are well!

Jen

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine are doing well. I tried to stack Ciara last night to get some conformation pics because she has changed so much going from adolescent to adult. I was planning on putting her up and not showing her for a while anyway. But, I've also been sick, and not been able to work with either of them much. Anyway what used to be easy became a huge process with a definite lack of co-operation and I'm going to have to retrain her to stack for the show ring. Good I found this out before I took her in!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Good luck with the worm... sorry to hear about it... probably that Slash guy's doing...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.