FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "The Mallows" A Jerk Chicky production. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "The Mallows" A Jerk Chicky production.
Toni
Member # 5620

- posted      Profile for Toni   Email Toni         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, guys. It's finally done.

Q - Thanks for suggesting The Death Cookie. It was a blast to make.

I hope it's as good as the other two, but if not - don't tell me. [Smile]

The original Jack Chick tract.

And the Ralphie-MST3k version of The Death Cookie.

Posts: 72 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
'bout damn TIME.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*falls off chair laughing* [ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie - you are the funniest babe I know.

Scary, because I know a lot of funny babes.

"And then what hit the fan, Jack?"

Hooo hoooo hooo ha ha ha!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
HA!!! That was awesome, Ralphie! You up for another one?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
That was funny! [Laugh] [ROFL]
Especially the part about the eyebrows.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Loved the eyebrows on Mike, Gypsie, Dr. Forrester, and everyone else. I was vaugely reminded of the cover shot for some magazine that had dozens of kids wearing HP glasses.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, you are brilliant! That was wonderful. And what a combo of easy/terrible tract to MST.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant as always, Ralphie. MST3K is definitely the way to go with these things.

I’m having a hard time getting over that appallingly bad representation of the Protestant Reformation. Makes me wonder how Jack thought Martin Luther stumbled across that Bible they’d managed to hide from everyone. After all, it’s not like he was a Roman Catholic priest assigned to teach Biblical Studies at the University of Wittenburg or anything.

[ September 06, 2003, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Besides, it's more like a cracker than a cookie. [Wink]
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh... That was pretty impressive. And side spliting... That too.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

I have sometimes wondered how IHS ever became an accepted abbreviation for Iesous Christos, though. Maybe if I’d taken a few more years of Latin I’d have learned about abbreviation conventions. [Dont Know]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toni
Member # 5620

Maybe you should take one of Jack's informative classes, dkw. ( [Razz] )

Thanks for the praise, guys. They're fun to make, but some amount of work. And since work gives me a rash, I have to do them out of love.

However, getting positive feedback works, too. [Smile]

[ September 07, 2003, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Toni ]

Posts: 72 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

I can't come up with a reply to that. I've tried several, but none of them are postable. [No No]
mackillian
Member # 586

Wow.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, those things are amazingly funny. Man, you are some kind of talented.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ow... it hurts... too funny... ow ow ow...

Man, those eyebrows really bring out the evil nature of popatr.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
truly transcendant

[ September 07, 2003, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorites:

"Cartoons just should NOT have comb overs" and

"Hey, is anyone following the subplot with the cheese? It's fascinating!"

Ralphie, I thought you might enjoy this article about a poor comic who people, sadly, make fun of.

http://www.theonion.com/current_opinion2.html

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toni
Member # 5620

Elizabeth - I love Larry Groznick.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I had no idea how much Mooselet had in common with the Fonz and Don Knotts. That's just awesome.

quote:
We're all agreed that Ralphie is deeply cool.
muppet, don't get ahead of yourself. We're trying to sell a cow here, not run some kind of charity dairy stand.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

there it goes, higher and higher, untill it passes right over my head...
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail]
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, you're my hero.

*huggles and stuff*

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Toni-
Wow! You know, you are MUCH funnier than Chick.
And the writing is so tight and consistent.
Somebody should really be paying you for these.

I knew you were brilliant and funny, but once again, I am in awe.

Thank you!

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
there it goes, higher and higher, untill it passes right over my head...
Was this in reference to what I said? I unwittingly ouwitted myself in my attempt to find a wittier way to ask "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" In other words, Toni being the attention whore that she is, save the compliments until after she delivers the goods. [Wink]
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Toni, there are times when I don't love you -- and then you go and make me love you again.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

You should get a copyright on them. Are parodies protected under copyright law? Do you need permission from Jack Chick to use his material?

[ September 08, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

saxon75
Member # 4589

Parodies are usually usually protected by fair use, although it depends on a number of factors, including the amount of the original work copied, whether the parody is being used for profit, and the amount of distribution of the parody. I'd say she's probably safe, should the issue actually come up.

[ September 08, 2003, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Ralphie

Were the original tracts non-profit? I know that Wierd Al won a lawsuit that Eimenim brought against him for parodies. If the original tracts were non profit then I would think there are even fewer grounds for complaint. It isn't like it would cause a loss of livelihood.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*bumpity* In my current state I need this.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

where is ralphie's foobonic album?? I can't find the mst3k parodies anymore?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.