FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Young Ladies and Grown Men. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Young Ladies and Grown Men.
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't here from the beginning - but it's (not sure what the word is) coincidental? that it was bumped three years to the day...
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I don't think women hit their stride until 25 and don't peak until forty. Before then, they don't even look fully grown. An 18 year-old girl of sensible habits is going to make an even more attractive 33 year old woman. All of those sins that prematurely age women: booze, cigarettes, and cheese cake, if abstained from or moderated to an acceptable proportion, can yield glowing 35 year old women with healthy skin and robust sexual appetites, while still decently sized in the beam. When you combine those lower virtues with true Virtue of the light of knowledge that comes along with fifteen more years of good books and travel, the product is divine.

I absolutely agree that experience can be beautiful, but a couple points.

First, I think, in general, people that get experience, who adventure and meet new minds and grow, do so from a fairly young age. The kid that plops her ass in front of the television and never wants to engage herself proactively is someone that's going to be doing the same damn thing in ten, twenty, thirty years. So, age doesn't mean that someone achieves character.

Second, I think that experience is a double-edged sword. People learn the wrong things, sometimes, from their experiences. For instances, the adventuresome girl who strays and is hurt may learn that it's wrong to adventure and become afraid of life.

We see this on this forum. So often people come on this forum, engage in threads, make threads for a while, and then fade away because they get hurt. They retreat, or get frustrated and retreat. Either way, they quit engaging or barely engage through one sentence quips and sniping.

The tragedy of Peter Pan isn't that he stayed a child so much as that he didn't learn to combine the child with the adult. So many adults are Peter Pans in this sense or, as bad, become Captain Hooks, hating wimsy, play, and fun because these things are against Order and Neatness and aren't Productive.

Is that metaphor strained enough yet?

I get the attraction of young women in that there is so much optimism and energy to them, but if this energy and optimism is combined with experience, an eye for wimsy, and a playful spirit in a mature woman, then hands down, a mature woman is much more attractive to me.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
My mother always said that men don't have any sense before 25. [Razz]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
sweet. I have sense now. Who knew?
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.