FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Confessing my hypocrisy (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Confessing my hypocrisy
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, wouldn't it be great if there were the equivalent of the whistle when driving. Though in real life you can call the zoning commission on your people-who-live-next-door, and chances are there will be something they can be written up on.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad about the title change pooka--I thought that it was pretty funny before the revision.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think that whistle blowing is closer to keying the car of an possibly dangerous driver.
Your analogies would be a lot more persuasive if they weren't exaggerated to ridiculousness.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

kat,
as we see, I have been outed in my whistle blowing. So whether it's private or not is kind of moot. And now whenever I post people will wonder.... [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Maybe whistle blowing is more like following the person home, beating them with a chain, and then setting fire to their house. You didn't go nearly far enough there Irami.

Oh, oh, I've got it. Whistle blowing is like rounding 6 million plus people up, holding them in concentration camps, and then sending them to the gas chambers. Clearly, if you've ever used the whistle, you are effectively on the same moral playing field as Hitler.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
No, but it is like calling the SS.
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[ROFL]

No, I think I'm going to have to go with genocide. It's much more like genocide.

[Edit--only worse!]

[ September 24, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

katharina
Member # 827

quote:
So whether it's private or not is kind of moot. And now whenever I post people will wonder....
Ah pooka, you lost me there. Creating speculation as to who is the mole is not the kind of mystique Hatrack tends to reward. It's much more fun to be real.

Come on girl, stand up if something bugs you. If it's worth complaining about, it's worth standing up against. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

The temporarily revised title (do I flatter myself to think this will drive crazy those who missed it) evoked memories of the Morbo unmasked episode, where there was also problems of a similar nature, followed by a round of "what has happened to Hatrack" and "nothing is wrong with Hatrack" threads. It was just a little too emotional.
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
No, but it is like calling the SS.
You think the mods are like the SS?

[Big Grin] That's hilarious.

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, sorry for the delay in posting, i just got out of class. pooka, i'm in agreement with saxon on this. i have, on a few occasions, emailed someone when i disagreed with their conduct. i have never blown a whistle. i do not think i would do so without alerting the individual to my concerns first.

i did not see any posts objecting to the name; i don't read every word posted here, though, so i could have missed a post. i did not receive any email concerning the name.

when the name was banned, i was a bit sad as i did love it dearly, but i know that i am a guest here. if our hosts feel it is inappropriate, i'm not going to argue. i don't expect everyone to agree with my opinion or sense of humor.

i believe that such administrative actions are performed based on the standards of our hosts and not on the pressure of the members of this community. in essence, since it was banned, i think it would have been banned eventually when one of the mods happened to notice it, even without being reported. you blowing the whistle just got it banned sooner.

i would have prefered to have gotten an objection from you, rather than an anonymous complaint to them. the more work we make for our hosts, the more time they spend resolving issues that sensible adults should be able to resolve on thier own, the less likely they are to continue to see this place as valuable enough to maintain.

next time just say something.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Well, it turns out I can't email Celia. I'm sorry I reported you and not Pat, though I didn't know it was you when I reported you. I guess when I saw Pat "swearing" I wondered whether I wanted to go down the road of reporting people frequently. Which is why I opened this thread.

I tried to be light about it, but if you were offended and that is why your email is blocked, I'm really sorry. If I'm being psycho about imaginine your email blockage is any way connected with me, well, I admit to being psycho.

celia60
Member # 2039

um, i have the options set to allow people to email me without seeing my address...maybe they just don't work? yes, you're reading too much into that. no, i am not intentionally blocking you.

i've got an actual email address in there now.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I seem to remember that that feature isn't working properly on the forum celia, so it probably isn't going to work regardless of the address you use.
celia60
Member # 2039

no, i mean if you click on my profile, you can now see my email address. [Razz]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.