FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A pirate and a ninja fight. Who wins? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A pirate and a ninja fight. Who wins?
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well they both seem faithful and they both really suck when it comes to killing anyone. I would say that stormtroppers are how Lucas envisions futurestic orcs... ahh what they heck, I'll embrace the future: Stormtrooper.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I just ran into a site that's tipping me to the side of ninjas.

They have REAL ULTIMATE POWER, Scott. You can't argue with REAL ULTIMATE POWER.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, we've moved on to orcs vs. stormtroopers.
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Toni:

Don't believe the hype.

Believe Google Fight:

pirate
(1 440 000 results)

versus

ninja
( 935 000 results)

Pirates win, hands down.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Remove the Computer pirates, the software pirates etc from your google search and I bet Ninja's would win.

As far as Orc v.s. Stormtrooper? Storm Trooper. Orcs don't have At-Ats or Speeders

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Uh. . . um. . . uh. . . yeah.

::backs slowly out of thread::

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hazen
Member # 161

- posted      Profile for Hazen   Email Hazen         Edit/Delete Post 
But they do have Oliphants, Cave Trolls, and Balrogs.

Lets compare:

Stormtroopers: Run away when Han Solo/Ewoks come after them.

Orcs: Run Away when their own ally comes charging after their enemy. (note: movie orcs only)

Stormtroopers: Fall for Jedi mind trick, "Oh no, my comlink doesn't work" trick, "We've got them on the run, please open the blast doors" trick.

Orcs: Get angry and kill each other, giving orc armies a half life of approximately 37 days.

Stormtroopers: Have wimpy plastic looking armor, that wouldn't stop a pellet gun.

Orcs: Have faces that look like Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon did a job on them. While drunk.

Winner: Orcs. Lord of the Rings trumps Star Wars on the fangeek scale.

Posts: 285 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Dan: Nonetheless, the mystique of Pirates is obviously stronger than that of Ninjas.

Pirates rule.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Orcs vs. Storm troopers depends on the situation.

Given free reign to choose weaponry and equipment the storm troopers win hands down.
Blasters vs. crude metel swords
oliphants vs. titanium platted speeders/walkers/etc...
come on, in this situation technology wins the battle.

However, pit them against eachother in hand to hand combat... In this case I think the orcs have it. They are far more ruthless, evil, and used to close combat. It's likely a storm trooper would find himself a meal to an orc only to have his bones used as a crude club of somesort later on.

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Lets take a look at their creation:

Orcs--Big evil lord clones excellent fighters--(elves). However, degenerate early cloning facilities creates flawed designs, more aggresive but less skilled and less intelligent creature.

Storm Troopers--Big evil lord clones excellent fighter--Boba Fett. However, ultra-modern cloning facilities creates a milder, more obiediant, less intelligant creature.

Result:

Hey, they are the same thing, except Storm Troopers are the result of more advanced technology, have more advanced weaponry, and are produced in signifigantly larger numbers. (Hundred's of thousands of Orcs v.s. Millions of stormtroopers)

While the orcs have an advantage with pure savagery, the Troopers have numbers, technology, and an improved cloning software.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

The Storm Troopers couldn't beat the Ewoks, a people with more or less the same technology as the Orcs.

Shouldn't the contest, then, be Orcs vs. Ewoks?

"Teddy bear for dinner again?"

[Big Grin]

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's likely a storm trooper would find himself a meal to an orc only to have his bones used as a crude club of some sort later on.
[ROFL] [Evil Laugh] Also [Laugh] orcs vs ewoks.

"But Grishnahk, how can I kill this little guy? He's just so cuddly and wuvable!"

[Laugh] half-life of orc army=37 days. Hahahaha

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::bump::

I still say the pirate wins.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Pirates rule.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it not one of pop-cultures great ironies that the character of one of the best screen-pirates of all time was molded on one of the best rock guitarists of all time?

I'm starting to think that somehow Jack Sparrow had real ultimate power. Holy crap, what a breakthrough.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
It depeneds on the ninja. According to most nija mvies, it seems they get killed like 50 at at a time by the one good or bad guy.
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
It's important to point out that very often the single good/bad guy killing all of the ninjas is also a ninja.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
good point!
Ninjas are trained in killing, pirates are trained in looting, Ninjas master their bodies, mind, and weapons. Pirates master the seas.

Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.